X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage event - April 3rd/ London

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...qah&highlight=

In terms of marriage events, there are other criteria as well as mehram akhie. For example you cannot have 2 potentials. SO whether online or at events you cant be saying yes to a few then picking. If yes it has to follow a process until no and then move on. This simply cannot be done in these events,
    JazakAllah for sharing brother.

In terms of saying yes to many potentials hmm that's a good point. I don't think these events are made to say yes or no. By this i mean it's more about seeking compatibility and potentials you'd like to progress with. You might find ten people that you deem compatible but you wouldn't take things further with all ten simultaneously, that would be quite heartless and rude i think. Instead you'd follow up with one potential up until marriage inshaAllah or until you no longer saw compatibility in which case you could move on to another family (just as you would normally).

I don't mean to sound objectifying that's not my intention at all, one needs to maintain the utmost respect for everyone involved. If a potential told me that they were pursuing another family and so wouldn't be following up with me, I'd respect this. What i wouldn't respect is somebody who was following up with myself and another brother at the same time. I sure hope people don't do this, it's just not right.

To be honest the number of people attending is extremely overwhelming. I'm generally more of a one to one person who takes time to open up, so this is not exactly my thing.

But Allah has a plan for me so who knows, whether at an event or on the bus, I'll find her eventually inshaAllah :)
    God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
    while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Working...
    X