Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it good for a husband to be emotional in a marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it good for a husband to be emotional in a marriage?

As salamu alaykum,

I personally think I am emotional at times and I have been told it's not a good thing as a husband has to be strong and take the lead

Is that what a wife would want in a husband. Would a wide lose respect for her husband if he was emotional at times

Just asking. Would be good to get the opinion of sisters
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: Is it good for a husband to be emotional in a marriage?

:wswrwb:

Show emotions befitting for a man, but not so much that she has you in her palm.

Even Rasulullah :saw: showed a lot of emotions, so learn from him :insha:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Show emotions befitting for a man, but not so much that she has you in her palm.

Even Rasulullah :saw: showed a lot of emotions, so learn from him :insha:
      Thanks mirror

Wear a bag. Pass out

Comment

The prophet was emotional with his wives, imagine seeing an angel so huge he covers the horizon, and going to your wife screaming in terror to cover you up, and your wife says"be a man!" Khadijah RA and other wives of the prophet saw his emotional side and helped him and advised him. At the treaty of alhudaybah when the Muslims couldn't make hajj until the next year the prophet commanded them to shave their heads, but out of emotion the sahabah did no, he then entered his tent and complained to his wife safiyyah that they weren't listening to him, did she say "be a man!" No she advised him and told him shave your head and sacrifice your animal and they'll fallow suit. Inshallah this helps you, May Allah bless you and your family brother

Comment

Really depends where his emotionality is at.

Mustn't be irrational or unjust due to emotion, that doesn't make a good leader

I don't think anyone expects their husband to never be vulnerable...if he can't come to his wife then who can he go to

Too vulnerable though...she might feel like she NEEDS to take the reigns

Firestar I hope you don't mind but your emotional side leads you to say some warped things like you don't care about sisters unless they've been raped.....your sadness (?) for the victims leads you to resent other innocent women and turn on them for being carefree although the situation has nothing to do with them

An emotional leap that makes no sense = irrational

I only hope you see the sort of emotionality that is not good for anyone, male or female, but especially a leader

Sorry, I only brought it up because you asked about this whole emotional business

Comment

not when you are so weak, you get manipulated into doing things
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              not when you are so weak, you get manipulated into doing things
              I love you samin

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                As salamu alaykum,

I personally think I am emotional at times and I have been told it's not a good thing as a husband has to be strong and take the lead

Is that what a wife would want in a husband. Would a wide lose respect for her husband if he was emotional at times

Just asking. Would be good to get the opinion of sisters
                depends what you mean by emotional tbh

If its showing emotion as in crying when she says get the shopping then NO

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                  depends what you mean by emotional tbh

If its showing emotion as in crying when she says get the shopping then NO
                  What about when she asks me to change the diapers of the baby lol

All guys get emotional on that lol

Comment

I come from a cold-hearted culture with weak men and strong women...so you already know my answer.

While I know being emotional is normal, learning that after a couple of decades is hard and I grew up expecting my men to be a bit cold and reserved.
                    I married what I did not expect.
                    He's like fluffy cat, ball of emotions. Which I say affectionately and with a small twitch.
                    I don't get him sometimes, he is so warm-loving and he finds the most bizarre things emotional...our relationship works because we are opposite but I do know sometimes we wish slightly different attitudes in each other but it doesn't cause a divide.

It's scientific/hadith proven that the weather/climate affects moods and mentality, someone will yell at me for generalizing so I will have to put there are exceptions but it's slim. Most if not all women from my territory have the same definitive traits in a relationship unless they leave the lands and adjust to another place.

All-in-all:
                    Opposites can attract but can sometimes be uncomfortable, yet intriguing.
                    If you want a colder/logic minded woman go north or extreme south, stay in the warm weather for a warmer woman.
                    If you are emotional warm-climated women will get you more whereas cold-climates will either hate/intriguingly study you few will adore it outright.
                    Who cares maybe you are too emotional and me not enough...Allah made us this way, maybe some guy named mehmets nose is too big, can't change that can we!? Unless you want us to be someone your not and we break mehmets nose?

Back to my seriousness in my monochromatic minimalistic house that never lives up to expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                      What about when she asks me to change the diapers of the baby lol

All guys get emotional on that lol
                      have to say I have changed diapers even before I had kids. I have younger siblings. Only when necessary though

My youngest is 2 and currently has a sickness and diahrrea bug but he is well trained. He can spend the whole day with me but cries unless mum changes him. best is if he awakes at night he cries if I go near him so mum has to.

Comment

Definitely, I would prefer him to be emotional than show no emotion whatsoever,
                        I knew someone, who I was considering for marriage, who never showed his emotional side. It irritated the hell out of me, never knowing what he was thinking or feeling especially when around me.
                        I've known a few emotionless people, whats wrong with them? Its like talking to a robot, one of the main attractions to people is seeing a passion in their soul. I feel sorry for anyone who is married to a robotic person. Their marriage must be so dull.

Comment

Originally posted by fumke View Post
                          Definitely, I would prefer him to be emotional than show no emotion whatsoever,
                          I knew someone, who I was considering for marriage, who never showed his emotional side. It irritated the hell out of me, never knowing what he was thinking or feeling especially when around me.
                          I've known a few emotionless people, whats wrong with them? Its like talking to a robot, one of the main attractions to people is seeing a passion in their soul. I feel sorry for anyone who is married to a robotic person. Their marriage must be so dull.
                          I agree. Nothing wrong with a man showing his emotions because it shows that he's a human and not a robot.
                          If womanz wants robot, she can buy one from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post
                            I come from a cold-hearted culture with weak men and strong women...so you already know my answer.

While I know being emotional is normal, learning that after a couple of decades is hard and I grew up expecting my men to be a bit cold and reserved.
                            I married what I did not expect.
                            He's like fluffy cat, ball of emotions. Which I say affectionately and with a small twitch.
                            I don't get him sometimes, he is so warm-loving and he finds the most bizarre things emotional...our relationship works because we are opposite but I do know sometimes we wish slightly different attitudes in each other but it doesn't cause a divide.

It's scientific/hadith proven that the weather/climate affects moods and mentality, someone will yell at me for generalizing so I will have to put there are exceptions but it's slim. Most if not all women from my territory have the same definitive traits in a relationship unless they leave the lands and adjust to another place.

All-in-all:
                            Opposites can attract but can sometimes be uncomfortable, yet intriguing.
                            If you want a colder/logic minded woman go north or extreme south, stay in the warm weather for a warmer woman.
                            If you are emotional warm-climated women will get you more whereas cold-climates will either hate/intriguingly study you few will adore it outright.
                            Who cares maybe you are too emotional and me not enough...Allah made us this way, maybe some guy named mehmets nose is too big, can't change that can we!? Unless you want us to be someone your not and we break mehmets nose?

Back to my seriousness in my monochromatic minimalistic house that never lives up to expectation.
                            Can I ask what culture is this?
                            And what o you mean when you say the men are weak (but cold hearted)? Thanks

Comment

Lol at the robot comments

Wife:- how are you feeling today
                              Husband:- does not compute. Error, malfunction.

Haha

Robot goes to London. This is how it plays out

Wife:- iz you dizzy blood. I said iz you dizzy
                              Husband:- I not dizzy. I is robot

Comment

Working...
                              X