Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

    Islam allow him to give divorce to her..? or if he divorce her this unjust on his part..only islamic answers not opinion of users please. :jkk:

    I


    First of all, you should know that superiority in Islam is based on righteousness. Allaah Says (what means): {Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allaah is the most righteous of you.}[Quran 49:13]. The characteristic of being a fertile woman, by itself, does not prove her superiority, and being barren does not prove her inferiority. Therefore, she should not be blamed for this reason since it is not her choice as she was born as such. As for the prophetic narrations that encourage marrying a fertile woman, then this is in order to achieve some religious benefits, like having many children and the like. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "Marry the loving and prolific women, as I will outnumber the nations by you [by your abundant number]." [Ahmad] Such narrations do not necessarily mean that a woman who is not prolific is not virtuous.
    However, we do not know any religious evidence that prohibits marrying a barren person, be it a man or a woman; rather, the religious texts that encourage marriage are general. In addition to this, being chaste is an additional benefit in marriage, and probably, every man and woman seek to achieve chastity.
    Last edited by shay5; 01-03-15, 02:25 AM.
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

  • #2
    Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

    Divorce should be avoided at all costs. :)
    The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
    "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

      Originally posted by AidanUK View Post
      Divorce should be avoided at all costs. :)
      This. Of all the things Allah has permitted, divorce is the most hated. (Hadith). Therefore, he would be better off adopting/fostering a child/children with her or taking another wife if she is okay with that.

      Edit: obviously he can give her a divorce. It wouldn't be unjust. It's natural and normal to want your own children. However, if he stuck with her, I think he'd get a lot of ajr(reward)!
      Last edited by HopefulOne; 01-03-15, 01:39 AM.
      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

        Originally posted by AidanUK View Post
        Divorce should be avoided at all costs. :)
        Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
        This. Of all the things Allah has permitted, divorce is the most hated. (Hadith). Therefore, he would be better off adopting/fostering a child/children with her or taking another wife if she is okay with that.
        Well done dodging the question...
        Gender: Male

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

          To my understanding he can but I could be wrong

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

            Well if the problem was because of me, than I would probably divorce her so she could be able to have kids with someone else.
            I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

              A man who divorces his wife because she can't get a child, is a coward.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                Originally posted by CanadianBro View Post
                A man who divorces his wife because she can't get a child, i.
                Do not type without knowledge..
                Last edited by shay5; 01-03-15, 02:26 AM.
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                  First off, That hadith is weak.

                  ,Secondly, that would mean we should not even marry women who are unable to give birth.

                  Thirdly, How could they tell if a husband is barren at that time?

                  Just curious, where did you get these hadiths from?
                  unconditional love for all of mankind.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                    um, take a 2nd wife or adopt. why on earth would you divorce your wife for such a pathetic reason. men can just as easily not be able to give their wife children, would they be ok if she just divorced her husband?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                      Originally posted by shann View Post
                      First off, That hadith is weak.

                      ,Secondly, that would mean we should not even marry women who are unable to give birth.

                      Thirdly, How could they tell if a husband is barren at that time?

                      Just curious, where did you get these hadiths from?
                      >> this is why I ask https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...twaId&Id=93808
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                        Originally posted by fumke View Post
                        um, take a 2nd wife or adopt. why on earth would you divorce your wife for such a pathetic reason. men can just as easily not be able to give their wife children, would they be ok if she just divorced her husband?
                        Don't understand this view, getting a second wife requires equal treatment and all the other requirements that a man may not be able to do and nor may he want to.

                        You increase the ummah by having kids, not to mention the personal gain from having a child. Adopting is not the same as having your own child in Islam, there is a huge difference.

                        I don't want kids but if there ever was a reason for divorce then this seems completely fair, yes it's completely fine for a woman to divorce a man if he cannot have kids imo
                        Gender: Male

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                          Originally posted by Bindipper View Post
                          Don't understand this view, getting a second wife requires equal treatment and all the other requirements that a man may not be able to do and nor may he want to.

                          You increase the ummah by having kids, not to mention the personal gain from having a child. Adopting is not the same as having your own child in Islam, there is a huge difference.

                          I don't want kids but if there ever was a reason for divorce then this seems completely fair, yes it's completely fine for a woman to divorce a man if he cannot have kids imo
                          ok, personally i just find it too sad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                            Originally posted by fumke View Post
                            ok, personally i just find it too sad.
                            yes...I think is there not emotional attachment that far outweigh a woman giving birth..
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: If woman not able to get pregnant can husband give divorce...?

                              He can just marry another woman who will give him children and still keep the first wife.....
                              "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X