X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

Originally posted by Vedtil View Post
    Engineer is an overrated occupation?:)
    People are tripping over to get an engineer but I think this is more in the Pakistani culture?
    Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
    Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
    ----------------------- ------------------------
    My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

as a bengali i can attest to the trueness of this absurd request.
      my biodata contained a list of my work accomplishments, degrees, names of siblings and their degrees and occupation, names of parents and the village they were from etc. it was just weird. nothing in it noting deen level or how much money i got in the bank. they liked the biodata. which was great since i had no money lol.
      Last edited by Aloo; 26-02-15, 10:32 PM.
      لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

I think some aspects of biodata are useful for marriage matchmaker hunters like myself, who are silently looking for bros for their friends and family.

It gives you a general impression of someone so you can decide whether there's any glaring problems or any compatibility between people.

Think of it like an introduction to the person.

Other aspects like family names etc. is weird.

I don't care that your sister Shagufta did a BTEC in Hairdressing in 2008. Or your brother Junaid did a Degree in Molecular Science in 1987. Why does their education even matter lol
        It's some stupid cultural reason like pride and respectability to show that you've been in an educated environment and not raised by janglis, isn't it?
        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

It's basically a profile setting out basic information on the person.

You include things like name, age, height, education, occupation, number of brothers and sisters, your village address "back home"...

Biodatas or CVs accompanied by a photo are standard amongst Bengalis.

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
            I think some aspects of biodata are useful for marriage matchmaker hunters like myself, who are silently looking for bros for their friends and family.

It gives you a general impression of someone so you can decide whether there's any glaring problems or any compatibility between people.

Think of it like an introduction to the person.

Other aspects like family names etc. is weird.

I don't care that your sister Shagufta did a BTEC in Hairdressing in 2008. Or your brother Junaid did a Degree in Molecular Science in 1987. Why does their education even matter lol
            It's some stupid cultural reason like pride and respectability to show that you've been in an educated environment and not raised by janglis, isn't it?
            it is a safety net for the bride. if husband needs financial help, he has family who can step in. a rich brother or sister is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
              it is a safety net for the bride. if husband needs financial help, he has family who can step in. a rich brother or sister is a plus.
              I never thought of it that way. And, neither do my parents.

Are you sure?

It is more just to get an idea about education etc.
              My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

I doubt it. Personally I found it's more for bragging rights. Some parents can be big-headed and not agree on a marriage because the siblings of the potential don't have a "prestigious" enough job or qualification.

For example, if the son is a lawyer and marrying him to a girl whose brother is a taxi driver just won't be acceptable. Stupid mentality.
                Last edited by Khalid b. Walid; 26-02-15, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pointless View Post
                  I never thought of it that way. And, neither do my parents.

Are you sure?

It is more just to get an idea about education etc.
                  just my opinion. who knows what goes on in people's heads

Comment

Name
                    Parents name
                    Address details Bach home
                    Grandparents back home
                    Educational details
                    Job details
                    Details of siblings and show offs usually state their education and jobs
                    Some even put the jobs of gheir sibling spouses
                    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I very much doubt IT

Every man out for himself and all that, I agree with others. It's about showing off
                      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
                        I mean a marriage cv. Come on.

If a man wants to go through such embarrassment and sometimes humiliation to marry then surely go ahead. If that man likes going through such procedures then who am I to object.

Don't know what your making a song and dance about

Women have to complete one as well you know

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                          Don't know what your making a song and dance about

Women have to complete one as well you know
                          Perfect Resume of Wife

2005 - Present
                          -Successfully learned how to cook several types of dishes. Take initiative to improvise and learn more.
                          -Washed hundreds of articles of clothing and dried them with minimal supervision.
                          -Collaborated with other family members to learn the proper methods of cleaning and maintaining a home.

Comment

Perfect Resume of Wife

2005 - Present
                            -Successfully learned how to cook several types of dishes. Take initiative to improvise and learn more.
                            -Washed hundreds of articles of clothing and dried them with minimal supervision.
                            -Collaborated with other family members to learn the proper methods of cleaning and maintaining a home.
                            That's all?

If I was a brother, I would have had more.

Comment

I may just give a signed copy of my biography........
                              Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Forget degree and stuff.

I just remembered someone put their GCSE grades in, too.

If you already got your degree, what's GCSE got to do with it. I do not want to know what someone did in elementary school.

Comment

Working...
                                X