Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biodata/Marriage CV

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Biodata/Marriage CV

    Met a bengali guy who told me that it's really common in their community.

    But what is biodata? What do you actually put on a marriage CV and how does it different from a normal CV?

    Anyone done one?

  • #2
    Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

    someone took my details and now it will be passed around...I do not know what will become of it..just my details,, my education, job, what i want and a bit about me..
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

      Originally posted by Sabros View Post
      Met a bengali guy who told me that it's really common in their community.

      But what is biodata? What do you actually put on a marriage CV and how does it different from a normal CV?

      Anyone done one?

      Seriously ?

      Marriage CV ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

        I didn't know that was a thing, it's news to me. Some people look great on paper but suck in all other aspects...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

          it is becoming common mainly from the westernized Bengali. when i had few proposal last year they wanted my cv which i was shocked cause i never heard about it before.i was told like a normal cv but with more about you and what u would like to achieve in the future and what you expect from getting married so on.oh and a picture of your self.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

            Originally posted by beng123 View Post
            it is becoming common mainly from the westernized Bengali. when i had few proposal last year they wanted my cv which i was shocked cause i never heard about it before.i was told like a normal cv but with more about you and what u would like to achieve in the future and what you expect from getting married so on.oh and a picture of your self.
            and what's your opinion on it?
            Did you get the girl's or is it just the guy's that gets sent around?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

              I didn't make one or hear about it until I read about it here. I did find a set of 100 marriage questions and tried answering them. It was thought-provoking.

              Anyway, if you want to make a marriage cv, you can use the forms on matrimonial sites as a guide. Just copy the questions into Word and answer them as detailed as possible. Describe your self well enough to enable y2your potential and her family to get a good idea about the type of person you are.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                I didn't make one or hear about it until I read about it here. I did find a set of 100 marriage questions and tried answering them. It was thought-provoking.

                Anyway, if you want to make a marriage cv, you can use the forms on matrimonial sites as a guide. Just copy the questions into Word and answer them as detailed as possible. Describe your self well enough to enable y2your potential and her family to get a good idea about the type of person you are.
                Yeh the 100 questions and form questions are thought provoking. Don't worry lol marriage is not on the book atm!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                  It is very embarassing for a guy to go through such ordeal in order to marry a mediocore or an average woman.

                  Such a shame...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                    Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
                    It is very embarassing for a guy to go through such ordeal in order to marry a mediocore or an average woman.

                    Such a shame...
                    So what do you class being an above average woman?

                    Enlighten us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                      Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
                      It is very embarassing for a guy to go through such ordeal in order to marry a mediocore or an average woman.

                      Such a shame...
                      Lol I think every guy finds the woman he marries special in some way otherwise he wouldn't marry her.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                        Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
                        It is very embarassing for a guy to go through such ordeal in order to marry a mediocore or an average woman.

                        Such a shame...
                        Lol agree it sounds a bit of an ordeal.
                        Only mediocre men worry about marrying mediocre women bro. :up:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                          Yeah.

                          My family had to make one for me.

                          But CV is just education, age and family background.

                          I do not like it because it attracts the wrong kind of people. There are certain perceptions attached to things.

                          People assume I am one of those 'modern' lady with God knows what.

                          CV is bad bad bad but that's the norm because how else you will reach many families. It is word of mouth. Uncles and aunts passing it around.

                          Some include photo but I did not. Too weird.


                          But even that did not work. Most people from my circle are from a generation above me and married with kids.


                          May be distribute it like a flyer in every single mosque.

                          But I am not that desperate yet.
                          Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
                          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
                          Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
                          ----------------------- ------------------------
                          My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                            Originally posted by pointless View Post
                            Yeah.

                            My family had to make one for me.

                            But CV is just education, age and family background.

                            I do not like it because it attracts the wrong kind of people. There are certain perceptions attached to things.

                            People assume I am one of those 'modern' lady with God knows what.

                            CV is bad bad bad but that's the norm because how else you will reach many families. It is word of mouth. Uncles and aunts passing it around.

                            Some include photo but I did not. Too weird.


                            But even that did not work. Most people from my circle are from a generation above me and married with kids.


                            May be distribute it like a flyer in every single mosque.

                            But I am not that desperate yet.
                            Can I ask:
                            What kind of people does it attract and why are CVs bad?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Biodata/Marriage CV

                              Originally posted by Sabros View Post
                              and what's your opinion on it?
                              Did you get the girl's or is it just the guy's that gets sent around?
                              i think its silly it like applying for a job. then again i if i was a parent or the girl i think its a good think in away at least you know who your getting married to or marrying your daughter off to e.g if they financially stable or not. at least u get a answer straight away if they think your compatible or not then wait around till they got ur info off others. but i dont know if the male can request one of the female as my sister was sorting it out and i fell ill and decided for the best not to get married as my illness will be a burden on the spouse. then again will you trust a piece of paper?
                              Last edited by beng123; 26-02-15, 09:29 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X