Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This might be a stupid question..but what does it feel like to...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might be a stupid question..but what does it feel like to...

fall in love?

I've never experienced this, (even though I'm turning 24 in a few months). I guess it's because I never talked to boys although I am surrounded by them when I go to university. But I always stay away from them.

I don't wish to fall in love except with my future husband, inshallah. :) But he has not entered my life yet, so I guess I will have to wait until I find out what love feels like :)

~However, can someone describe what it feels like to be in love?

~Bonus question: What does a heart break feel like?

Thanks and I apologise if this thread seems silly but I am genuinely curious to know
    Thanks again :)

Re: This might be a stupid question..but what does it feel like to...

I think falling in love in a unique experience e for every individual...I wouldn't wish heartbreak upon anyone, let's just put it that way

Comment

Originally posted by shy.flower View Post
      fall in love?

I've never experienced this, (even though I'm turning 24 in a few months). I guess it's because I never talked to boys although I am surrounded by them when I go to university. But I always stay away from them.

I don't wish to fall in love except with my future husband, inshallah. :) But he has not entered my life yet, so I guess I will have to wait until I find out what love feels like :)

~However, can someone describe what it feels like to be in love?

~Bonus question: What does a heart break feel like?

Thanks and I apologise if this thread seems silly but I am genuinely curious to know
      Thanks again :)
      Sis has time to worry about love. (My eye roll is not working)
      Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
      Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
      ----------------------- :apple::watermelon::peach:------------------------
      My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

hmmm is it even possible to fall in love with your husband
        Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by pointless View Post
          Sis has time to worry about love. (My eye roll is not working)
          Time is never guaranteed lol. Anyway I said I will only love my future husband, He hasn't entered my life yet lol.

But I was just asking what love feels like . Is that bad??

Comment

Originally posted by shy.flower View Post
            Time is never guaranteed lol. Anyway I said I will only love my future husband, He hasn't entered my life yet lol.

But I was just asking what love feels like . Is that bad??
            Nah. But if you wonder about it too much you will end up falling.

Mind is a curious thing and will hunt unknowingly.
            Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
            http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
            Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
            ----------------------- :apple::watermelon::peach:------------------------
            My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

Aww

I know, I think about this sometimes too....

It feels weird to have never had a relationship with a guy especially at such a tender age, as we both are, you know approaching our twenties/ mid twenties for you.
              Everyones done stuff. Or experienced a bit of the opposite gender.

As bad as it sounds, I sometimes I wish I'd let myself go, but something irks me to never do that, plus I often get shy around guys as it is so I'm just like.....whatevs man loool.

Forget guys,

But I wanna fall in love in shaa Allah. I only have my heart for me future husband too in shaa Allah so yeah......meh....whatevs.

It must feel lovely. Just to know this one individual is there to please you, even fighting with him must be somewhat fun, in a way. I've noticed the male- female marital/ non marital relationship, basically any opposite gender relationship is very different to the rest of the relationships. Compare it to all other relationships, you never get so physically and emotionally close to someone as you would with your husband. Its quite profound isn't it? And I've seen mad married people, fight, almost to the verge of killing each other, yet they still remain together, they still share a bad, have relations etc. You won't find that in other non-marital relationships. Its interesting because Allah calls the relationship between man and wife as one of His Signs.

Anyway......I'm clearly a bit on the mad side so looool ignore my tangent.

All I'm saying it must be lovely, amidst all the fights/ troubles. Its truly a blessing.

Btw, when saying 'fall in love' - I think its a transcendent love that grows, and flourishes, its a set of developed feelings you have for one another.

Comment

Originally posted by pointless View Post
                Nah. But if you wonder about it too much you will end up falling.

Mind is a curious thing and will hunt unknowingly.
                I've always wondered ever since I was 18 lol. Yet I never allowed myself to get feelings for any man. Because Islam says we should keep a pure mind and be patient. And lower our gaze

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                  Aww

I know, I think about this sometimes too....

It feels weird to have never had a relationship with a guy especially at such a tender age, as we both are, you know approaching our twenties/ mid twenties for you.
                  Everyones done stuff. Or experienced a bit of the opposite gender.

As bad as it sounds, I sometimes I wish I'd let myself go, but something irks me to never do that, plus I often get shy around guys as it is so I'm just like.....whatevs man loool.

Forget guys,

But I wanna fall in love in shaa Allah. I only have my heart for me future husband too in shaa Allah so yeah......meh....whatevs.

It must feel lovely. Just to know this one individual is there to please you, even fighting with him must be somewhat fun, in a way. I've noticed the male- female marital/ non marital relationship, basically any opposite gender relationship is very different to the rest of the relationships. Compare it to all other relationships, you never get so physically and emotionally close to someone as you would with your husband. Its quite profound isn't it? And I've seen mad married people, fight, almost to the verge of killing each other, yet they still remain together, they still share a bad, have relations etc. You won't find that in other non-marital relationships. Its interesting because Allah calls the relationship between man and wife as one of His Signs.

Anyway......I'm clearly a bit on the mad side so looool ignore my tangent.

All I'm saying it must be lovely, amidst all the fights/ troubles. Its truly a blessing.

Btw, when saying 'fall in love' - I think its a transcendent love that grows, and flourishes, its a set of developed feelings you have for one another.
                  Hmm interesting. Very eloquently written :)

Comment

is love feeling different from crush feeling...when people in love...they more happy (most times) ...blinded by love as in they do not see clearly..
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Oh my Allah what kind of a stupid question is this.
                      How does this benefit your aakhira ukhtiii?

Comment

you know that queasy feeling you get? then you can't eat.....you can't sleep? you feel like you're in another world?

yeah.... that's not love. it could be gastrointestinal issues.
                        لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
                          Oh my Allah what kind of a stupid question is this.
                          How does this benefit your aakhira ukhtiii?

What the heck

Why ever'ibody gotta be so serious?

Its not a haram question.

Let her enquire about what she wants

Besides embrace it :) love is beautiful loool

Comment

love feels as though nothing in the world matters except being with that person.

or like even if you were living in poverty but you were with that person, you would still be happy.

or think of it this way: say youre sad or depressed and your best friend is trying to cheer you up. you talk for hours. you feel a little better. but if the person youre in love with just smiles at you....youre in the air, you feel weightless.

also this may sound weird but you also dont think about physical intimacy with this person much, but more about sharing experiences and living life together. so there is that distinction between love and infatuation.

sometimes you even forget how the person looks when youre not around them, but youre still in love with them.

hopefully that answers your question.

i was in love once. didnt end too well.
                            Last edited by ss91; 23-02-15, 10:30 PM.
                            "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                            -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

oh and heart break.

yea thats the worse pain. i wouldnt wish for it on my worst enemy.

its not like physical pain that could just heal, it lingers....sometimes months to years.

i personally never experienced a "heart break" per se cuz i was never in a relationship, but ive seen my friend go through it. he's psychologically messed up a little bit now and he will never be the same. and he now will have a hard time trusting any girl he marries in the future. it leaves a permanent scar.
                              "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                              -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Working...
                              X