Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the 'politest' way of rejecting a suitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charmbracelet0
    replied
    Re: What's the 'politest' way of rejecting a suitor?

I'm not comfortable getting to know someone in their 30s yet because of the age gap...even though I'll get there in a few years and have said no to getting to know them on that basis...is that bad??

Leave a comment:

• Vedtil
    replied

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
    "Sorry, I don't want to go through with this. It's not you, it's me."
    You're giving me the it's not you it's me routine?
    Last edited by Vedtil; 27-02-15, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

No

Leave a comment:

• kakashi
    replied

Originally posted by StrivingforDeen View Post
    It be them brothers trying to get girlfriends with Niqabis.
    Lol, them brothers are wastemans!

Leave a comment:

• StrivingforDeen
    replied

Originally posted by kakashi View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75369[/ATTACH]
    It be them brothers trying to get girlfriends with Niqabis.

Leave a comment:

• cho09082489
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Why?
    i suspect it has much to do with how effective her servitude to them as daughter in law will be and how much this can be stretched

daughter in law must be the main job and top priority, before the marriage even

if you're going to do other stuff then you really are not the best most hardworking slave

Leave a comment:

• TurningTables
    replied

I'm not feeling it, there, that's reason enough. What difference does a reason make? I don't want to have to justify a refusal, no means no. Maybe I'm just a tad bit cold that way.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

:salams

A simple "not compatible" should be enough + a sincere dua'a. Insha'Allah.

Originally posted by bengali_muslima View Post
    Lmao this has nothing to do with your username. I said IF you (or patient_believer) didn't type anything offensive, then why did you edit your posts?
    Let me repeat: it's pointless to post to a thread and then remove your post (unless it was offensive). Don't bother posting if you'll just delete your post.
    People can edit their posts for a lot of reason. It doesn't have to be offensive.

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
    my mum says 'she wants to study more'

they tend to leave us alone after that
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• cho09082489
    replied

my mum says 'she wants to study more'

they tend to leave us alone after that

Leave a comment:

• bengali_muslima
    replied

Originally posted by pointless View Post
    Hmm… frankly, I'd much rather someone edited their post especially if it contained something offensive than for me to read it. At least, I will know that the brother or sister has realised their mistake and acted on it. Some are very eloquent and are able to gather all their thoughts in one go. I say ma shaa Allah.

Alhamdulillah, at least we can edit. In real life, once a word leaves ones mouth it is too late. I agree we should have more control over what we say or do. But, sister, the reason for editing is not always due to offensive reasons.

As for my username, I do bite my tongue. But I cannot change it nor do I wish to create a second account causing confusion. I do not feel my username is offensive. Negative, true which is why I wish I chose something more positive.

Khair. It just happened that way under the circumstances and I cannot 'edit' it. (feel free to imagine a big sweat drop emoticon if you wish or anything that conveys embarrassment)

Note to lurking guests: choose your usernames sensibly.
    Lmao this has nothing to do with your username. I said IF you (or patient_believer) didn't type anything offensive, then why did you edit your posts?
    Let me repeat: it's pointless to post to a thread and then remove your post (unless it was offensive). Don't bother posting if you'll just delete your post.

Leave a comment:

• fumke
    replied

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
    Well if there is something you dont like about him personally... Then DON'T mention it...

It might b big deal for you but Allah will definitely help him find a suitable match who will like him with such flaws.. (Unless they are major sins for for which you rejected him)
    No fair, how come men have no trouble telling us why truthfully? Can't tell you the amount of times i've been rejected because they think i'm too 'insecure' :(

Leave a comment:

• pointless
    replied

It's pointless to post to a thread and then remove your post (unless it was offensive). Don't bother posting if you'll just delete your post. Its annoying and pointless
    I hope that has no connection to why you chose your username
    Hmm… frankly, I'd much rather someone edited their post especially if it contained something offensive than for me to read it. At least, I will know that the brother or sister has realised their mistake and acted on it. Some are very eloquent and are able to gather all their thoughts in one go. I say ma shaa Allah.

Alhamdulillah, at least we can edit. In real life, once a word leaves ones mouth it is too late. I agree we should have more control over what we say or do. But, sister, the reason for editing is not always due to offensive reasons.

As for my username, I do bite my tongue. But I cannot change it nor do I wish to create a second account causing confusion. I do not feel my username is offensive. Negative, true which is why I wish I chose something more positive.

Khair. It just happened that way under the circumstances and I cannot 'edit' it. (feel free to imagine a big sweat drop emoticon if you wish or anything that conveys embarrassment)

Note to lurking guests: choose your usernames sensibly.

Leave a comment:

• fumke
    replied

Has this woman met the suitor already or is she just basing it on his picture?

If she met him and is not interested then quite simply state the truth, hes a nice guy but I didn't feel much of a connection to him.

Pretty simple I think.

Leave a comment:

• kakashi
    replied

Let's say a girl asked her parents to find potential suitors for her. And she doesn't like some of them or all of them, how should she reject them?
    Would a simple 'no', do it?
    Because often people want an 'explanation' (which is ridiculous really and pointless).
    So what's the politest way to reject suitors (e.g how would you tell your parents, the suitor and the suitors family that you're not interested?)

This may seem like an easy task for some. But some people find it hard disappointing others especially when their communication skills suddenly vanishes under such circumstances. And social anxiety kicks in, full blast.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	33b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	10755729

Leave a comment:

• bengali_muslima
    replied

Originally posted by pointless View Post
    Sis, I edit my posts almost always. Personally, it is because I am still thought processing and like to add in my after thoughts which I feel will add to my point.

I think it is common to do that on a forum.
    It's pointless to post to a thread and then remove your post (unless it was offensive). Don't bother posting if you'll just delete your post. Its annoying and pointless
    I hope that has no connection to why you chose your username

Leave a comment:

Working...
X