Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the 'politest' way of rejecting a suitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the 'politest' way of rejecting a suitor?

You have the right to say no. Add 'sorry' to make it sound polite xD

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
      She iz lying...

She called u a weirdo Bengali_Muslima...

Ask other users...

I repped her to edit that comment.., that's y she edited it.
      Revertbrother, you need to grow up. And I'm being nice :)

Comment

Last edited by patient believer; 18-02-15, 11:43 PM.
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
          Revertbrother, you need to grow up. And I'm being nice :)

Stop bullying me please... You know I am short , that's why u said "grow up".....
          I am actually hurt, never expected this from u.
          Originally posted by patient believer View Post
          Stop lying brother
          **revenge for rep comment successful****

***evil laugh***

Comment

I had to write many rejection letters, and to be honest, it was painful on my part to write those rejection letters. I am posting them as samples. And please remember, no matter how polite you are, rejection will hurt:

Dear X:

I am sorry to inform you that my mother will not proceed with this proposal.

There was a long discussion about this proposal between my mother and I, and the outcome was she did not change her stance. Therefore, I think it is better that you move on. After all, wouldn't it be better that you marry your daughter off to a family where she will be received and welcomed full-heartedly by each and every member?

Allah has inscribed our affairs fifty thousand years before He created everything. Therefore, put your trust upon Him, and InShaAllah your will find a much better groom for your adored daughter.

Sincerely,

M
            Dear Y:

After a lot of deliberation, thought, discussion, and prayer, I regret to inform you that I have decided to not proceed any further with this proposal.

Please note that I am unable and unwilling to elaborate about this issue. However, I would like to let you know that I have independently made my decision and neither my mom nor my dad had any influence whatsoever in my decision making.

Also, I strongly request that you do not call my parents to discuss this issue any further. I have made my decision and inShaAllah this decision will not change.

Finally, I wish Ms. T all the best in life with all sincerity, and pray that Allah bless her with a suitable life partner.

Sincerely, M
            Another letter I wrote to her brother in response after the girl rejected me:

Dear B:

There is a saying which goes like that: You marry a person for who he or she is at present, you DO NOT marry a person thinking about what you want him or her to be in future. From the very beginning, I was highly concerned about religious incompatibility, and my head was saying NO. Religious commitment is something that has to come from within, and not be forced from outside, and it was therefore irrational on my part to ask your sister to change for the sake of marriage. This irrational request has happened only due to a weakness in the heart, and probably due a weakness in my own faith. Although happened in an anti-climatic manner, all praise be to Allah that the right decision has been made at the end, and rationale has prevailed over emotion, saving both parties from unhappiness and disappointment.

For you information, we have destroyed all the images of your sister, both from the email and from the hard drive.

I sincerely wish your family and your sister all the best.

Sincerely,

M

Comment

Patient_believer keeps editing her comments before I can read them. You must make A LOT of inappropriate jokes sisnce you edited A LOT of your posts on this thread!

Anyway Allah is witness so idc if anyone speaks bad of me here as its only slanders/backbiting and therefore your sin, not mine. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lost-Interest View Post
                I had to write many rejection letters, and to be honest, it was painful on my part to write those rejection letters. I am posting them as samples. And please remember, no matter how polite you are, rejection will hurt:

Another letter I wrote to her brother in response after the girl rejected me:
                Excellent thank you. Just what I was looking for. Jzk khair bro

Comment

Guys be careful. Joking about certain matters can cause suspicions and spread fitnah amongst our sisters.

What someone said or not said is between her/him and Allah SWT. Only believe what you hear or see yourself. Sometimes mistakes happen as long as we correct them and repent in shaa Allah.
                  Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
                  Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
                  ----------------------- ------------------------
                  My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

Last edited by patient believer; 18-02-15, 11:44 PM.
                    Ya Allah,
                    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

1. i don't make inappropriate jokes,
                      2. i did not speak bad off you

And yes Allah my witness to this.
                      Edited posts make people paranoid. No one edits/removes a good post. Only bad ones... *common sense*

Comment

Originally posted by bengali_muslima View Post
                        Patient_believer keeps editing her comments before I can read them. You must make A LOT of inappropriate jokes sisnce you edited A LOT of your posts on this thread!

Anyway Allah is witness so idc if anyone speaks bad of me here as its only slanders/backbiting and therefore your sin, not mine. :)
                        She was not saying anything against you..
                        Lol
                        You fell for my trick...lol

Comment

Last edited by patient believer; 18-02-15, 11:44 PM.
                          Ya Allah,

Comment

Edited posts make people paranoid. No one edits/removes a good post. Only bad ones... *common sense*
                            1. i don't make inappropriate jokes,
                            2. i did not speak bad off you

And yes Allah is my witness to this.
                            I am sorry for causing the confusion..

Bengali_Muslima she never said anything against you...

She gave me a funny rep... so I played a not so funny prank....
                            -___-

Sorry both of you...

***runs away before being kicked n punched****

Comment

My sister just says no

Comment

Sis, I edit my posts almost always. Personally, it is because I am still thought processing and like to add in my after thoughts which I feel will add to my point.

I think it is common to do that on a forum.
                                Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
                                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
                                Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
                                ----------------------- ------------------------
                                My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

Working...
                                X