Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters? your best friend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

    Originally posted by F_R View Post
    relax maan i'm probably wrong but it's how i see it
    of course if other alternatives are offered to help the 'sister/friend' then it's ok, personally some of the comments were more towards the clingy side but i'm not an overly-clingy person so maybe thats why i see it as such. he's a human and a man in his own right and personally i see nothing wrong with him remarrying so long as he's not some evil nazi type person who will cause corruption. i don't see it as sharing either, coz sharing a human doesn't sound right. maybe it's those small things which i see differently. but again im probably wrong, was just airing my views. didn't mean to offend.
    Lol guessing you didn't read my rep.
    My comments are general. Its not about you specifically but about all those who passed judgments on nature or deen of sisters that answered no. I respect your ability to say yes in this situation, but I respect the sisters who were honest to say no too, because its an individual choice and one that Islam allows yes/no options.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

    Comment


    • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      They don't dislike it. They don't want to participate in it.

      For example, waking up every night for Tahajjud is very difficult for some and easy for others. But, those who find it difficult (and thus not pray it) does not necessarily dislike it. They just can't do it. However, they acknowledge it's part of the deen, but find it difficult so they don't do it.

      Are they sinful for not praying Tahajjud? Well, no, since it's not mandatory. If they do pray it, do they get extra reward? Certainly.
      Interesting analogy.

      Comment


      • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

        Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
        Gave up a while ago lol
        you are wise.

        Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
        The can of worms has officially been.. opened.
        Lol
        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

        Comment


        • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

          Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          They don't dislike it. They don't want to participate in it.

          For example, waking up every night for Tahajjud is very difficult for some and easy for others. But, those who find it difficult (and thus not pray it) does not necessarily dislike it. They just can't do it. However, they acknowledge it's part of the deen, but find it difficult so they don't do it.

          Are they sinful for not praying Tahajjud? Well, no, since it's not mandatory. If they do pray it, do they get extra reward? Certainly.
          i asked about disliking not struggling with something or finding it difficult. specifically disliking it.

          لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

          -------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          -------------------------------------------------------
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

            Originally posted by F_R View Post
            i'm just asking

            aren't we meant to submit and accept all what's in the deen? understandable if we are struggling with things within and aren't complacent but to outright not dislike something, don't know
            accepting =/= liking
            Gender: Male

            Comment


            • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

              Originally posted by F_R View Post
              i asked about disliking not struggling with something or finding it difficult. specifically disliking it.
              You quoted my post so I was expanding on that since I didn't mean to imply those sisters who said No dislike it. I assumed they just wouldn't wanna be in a marriage like that, which is acceptable.

              Disliking is a whole different thing and, if that's the case, then it's an issue.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

              "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

              Comment


              • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Sisters who are OK with polygamy have to realize that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

                I don't think those sisters who said No are doing anything wrong, strictly speaking. By wrong I mean, they are not doing anything sinful and I don't believe they will be held accountable for it in front of Allah. So, if that's the case, then no one can say they are in the wrong.

                However, those who said Yes, that's admirable; and they are more likely doing a good deed (by helping her, having sabr, etc.)
                yes, I agree. and nobody has to make them feel bad over it either, which btw is not my intent at all and not what I am saying

                Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                :jkk:

                This is what I was trying to say. Why make them out to be selfish or weak in iman when islamically they are not sinning by preferring monogamy? That's all I was saying. The harsh judgements on this thread directed at sisters who said no speaks volume. ( I was done on this thread then you nailed it so thanks.)
                what I'm saying, and the truth is, is that it does mean they are weaker in faith than the one who does. I am not making harsh judgements, but it is true

                like the example mirror gave, the person who prays tahajjud has more imaan than the one who does not. the one who does not is not sinning or wrong, but his imaan is not as strong as the one who does pray
                If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

                Comment


                • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                  Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                  yes, I agree. and nobody has to make them feel bad over it either, which btw is not my intent at all and not what I am saying


                  what I'm saying, and the truth is, is that it does mean they are weaker in faith than the one who does. I am not making harsh judgements, but it is true

                  like the example mirror gave, the person who prays tahajjud has more imaan than the one who does not. the one who does not is not sinning or wrong, but his imaan is not as strong as the one who does pray
                  Lol OK.
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

                  Comment


                  • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                    Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    You quoted my post so I was expanding on that since I didn't mean to imply those sisters who said No dislike it. I assumed they just wouldn't wanna be in a marriage like that, which is acceptable.

                    Disliking is a whole different thing and, if that's the case, then it's an issue.
                    How come?
                    Gender: Male

                    Comment


                    • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                      Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                      Lol OK.
                      If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                      “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

                      Comment


                      • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                        Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                        I could have said why what you said to me was wrong but then we would go in circles. That's why.
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

                        Comment


                        • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                          Originally posted by Bindipper View Post
                          How come?
                          Cause you can't possible dislike anything about the deen as a Muslim.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                          "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                          Comment


                          • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                            Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                            I could have said why what you said to me was wrong but then we would go in circles. That's why.
                            no, because I expanded. refute that and then we'll see
                            If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                            “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

                            Comment


                            • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                              Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                              no, because I expanded. refute that and then we'll see
                              OK.

                              Some kuffar as well as misguided Muslims are okay with polygamy, in fact they prefer it to monogamy due to 'freedom' it brings.

                              Some practising muslimaat prefer monogamy due to w.e personal reason.

                              So according to your comment, as iman is judged by who says yes to polygamy the kuffar and misguided muslimaat have a stronger iman than the muslimaat that abstain from major sins, repent for minor sins and do their best to keep their duty to Allah in regards to salat/zakat/fasting etc. Just because one is pro polygamy in this situation and the other is not?

                              Do you see why I disagree?

                              Further polygamy is not an indicator of iman. Nowhere does Islam say that. So for you to say it is and then claim what you said is the 'truth' like you have had some divine revelation is just bizarre IMO. But like I said, let the going in circle begin. And I cbb so this is my last post on this thread. :insha:
                              Last edited by *sheba*; 18-02-15, 12:53 AM.
                              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

                              Comment


                              • Re: Sisters? your best friend?

                                Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                                Cause you can't possible dislike anything about the deen as a Muslim.
                                Can't get my head around this
                                Gender: Male

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X