Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohamed Mifxal
    replied
    Re: Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

obligation towards Allah are more important then obligation towards the spouse and rest of the society.

on oppression towards niqaab in kuffar lands:
    it not like Allah (SWT) didn't left us any choice but to live among oppressors. Allah doesn't change your situation unless you work for it
    i know we get a lot of eye roll for saying this, but this is the truth, even if we don't like to accept it.
    Take that with a grain of salt, We say this because we genuinely care for your deen and be among us
    Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 29-11-16, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• uccello verde
    replied

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
    and we're wondering why are there so many divorces? Wow. The first problem and yell 'divorce'?
    I doubt, that would be only problem between them.
    There is so much you can compromise. But your Deen shouldn't be one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Jade Vine
    replied

Originally posted by AlaaIbnHadhrami View Post
    She should ask for khula, I would do that. Dumb coco
    and we're wondering why are there so many divorces? Wow. The first problem and yell 'divorce'?

Leave a comment:

• Deeni Akh
    replied

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    She was occasionally wearing .

Moreover even the worst person would like to have a pious wife , that is the tendency.
    Yes that's to improve his own Iman, not to influence his wife to weaken in her Iman and give her shubuhaat.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

Originally posted by Bananasareus View Post
    I totally get what you are saying, but feel you must not have come across the same kind of Muslim men I have- a lot of them (yes practising) dont even want their wife to wear hijab let alone niqab!!!!!!!
    being practicing is more than just putting on a thobe and praying 5x a day, in reality many of these men fall under the narrations about the dayuth.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Originally posted by TanMan17 View Post
    Prior marriage, sister was wearing niqab occasionally to shops, wedding and masjid.
    Post marriage, shes has the intention to wear it full time WHEN shes feel right (she may never do).
    Now, her husband is not fully supportive of the decision and would like to know your views where they stand.

Jzk
    He can and she doesn't need to listen to him on the subject

But to keep peace between husband and wife she may be better off listening to him

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBro17
    replied

I don't know islamically what's the answer.

I understand all the bashing against the husband for choosing such. But perhaps the husband just wants to gaze at his wife's face while they might be shopping out in public or something.

Secondly, just as the aspect of a woman's face should only be privately gazed by her husband and not other men, so too should the matter of discussing such a potential situation. It is not for the public to discuss such a matter between a husband and wife and what they choose to wear. And if the situation is hypothetical, than it does not do much benefit in seeking a swayed public response. If the situation was brought up to directly learn the correct answer, than it is better that the question be asked to those who have knowledge.

It is better for the husband to support the niqab, but we should not shun such a brother.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    Why did he marry a niqaabi in the first place?
    She was occasionally wearing .

Moreover even the worst person would like to have a pious wife , that is the tendency.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by AlaaIbnHadhrami View Post
    She should ask for khula, I would do that. Dumb coco
    Its not that easy , there are many things to consider.

There are husbands who do not pray , even then marriage is going on. Is Niqab more important than salah ? On Niqab there is difference of opinion , there is none for salah.

Leave a comment:

• LA3
    replied

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

If I was the brother, I would fear Allah. It is not for a Husband to interfere with the relationship between Allah and His servant.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Why did he marry a niqaabi in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• Amaana
    replied

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    lol no thanks
    there are a lot of other places with less restrictions where you can freely cover as you like and learn from scholars
    It's up to you sis. Not sure what restrictions you're talking about though other than driving. Which you would not want to do here anyways as the men drive in such a crazy manor lol. It's obviously better to have your husband drive u than a cab (which is allowed).

Obviously this is not the ONLY islamic country, however being able to make umra easily and often alhamdulilah makes it one of the best.

Leave a comment:

• Amaana
    replied

Originally posted by quark View Post
    brb gonna get master from one of the ivy leagues.
    Akhi degree and experience will do akhi

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by Amaana View Post
    All of you should just come and live here in saudi! Wallahi it's a place where you can live without fear (in regards to wearing islamic dress code, crime etc etc).

There's lots of jobs going. Bring your family and benefit from live talks with major scholars.

Allahu akbar
    lol no thanks
    there are a lot of other places with less restrictions where you can freely cover as you like and learn from scholars

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

Originally posted by Amaana View Post
    All of you should just come and live here in saudi! Wallahi it's a place where you can live without fear (in regards to wearing islamic dress code, crime etc etc).

There's lots of jobs going. Bring your family and benefit from live talks with major scholars.

Allahu akbar
    brb gonna get master from one of the ivy leagues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X