Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
    I know of some niqabi girls who don't want to go out by themselves , expecting their husband to keep them company. Also, there is a girl I know who doesn't go shopping ever, with or without her husband. I don't think it is fair, or even possible because people today work a lot and have no extra time to waste.
    Well, that's on them. Niqab does not restrict you from going about your daily life like a normal person.

Comment

Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
      A relevant question
      Can the husband force his wife to wear niqab?
      He can if they live in places like Saudi as it's the absolute norm to wear it there but in the West he can not as she might fear for her life by wearing it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
        What purpose does he serve then if he can't be a man and protect his wife who wears niqaab.
        What man is with his wife 24/7 especially when he is out at least 10 hours of the day for work. She will spend large portions of the day alone going out for work, university, studies, school run, shopping etc and may also be reliant on public transport. Depending on the country or area they live and given the public climate, the security situation might become very bad.

Btw just to clarify I am not anti-niqab. Actually many of the women amongst my family and relatives do wear it. But I can empathise with people who may be cautious of wearing it on the grounds of personal security given their location or public climate. For example my mum (who does wear it) was telling me that one of my relatives decided to go part-time temporarily after the attacks that took place simply due to the increased anti-Muslim climate and attacks on women.
        Last edited by Khalid b. Walid; 28-11-16, 03:07 PM.

Comment

If he feels danger, than he's the protector of his wife. He should make hijrah to a land where both of them can practice their religion openly. Then some people will shout about "understanding reality", but reality was much harder in the times of Rasulullah(SAW) where the sahaba(ra) made hijrah to abyssinia with the intention to please Allah s.w.t.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
            Why wouldn't a Muslim want his wife to wear niqab? I don't get it.

OK to actually answer the question, yes or no. It's not straight forward as scholars differ over whether it is obligatory or not for a woman to wear niqab.

If the husband believes it to be obligatory, he cannot forbid her obviously. There is no obedience to the creation which is in disobedience to the Creator.
            If the wife believes it is obligatory, same is also true, even if the husband disagrees upon this point. She cannot obey him in this.

If both the husband and wife believe it is a voluntary, recommended act, there is some argument for him being able to forbid her, though I wouldn't understand why any man would do so, having gheerah for his wife and not having other men look at her.
            I totally get what you are saying, but feel you must not have come across the same kind of Muslim men I have- a lot of them (yes practising) dont even want their wife to wear hijab let alone niqab!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arif123f View Post
              If he feels danger, than he's the protector of his wife. He should make hijrah to a land where both of them can practice their religion openly. Then some people will shout about "understanding reality", but reality was much harder in the times of Rasulullah(SAW) where the sahaba(ra) made hijrah to abyssinia with the intention to please Allah s.w.t.
              Alhamdulillah, we should be firm on our Deen. This Dunyah is testing place. In sha'Allah we'll be able to hold on our Deen without compromising it.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon! View Post
                Does niqab attract unwanted attention from the wrong crowd? imagine your wife asking too wear one for the first time, with all these non muslims feeling frustrated with Islam(the image shown by media) She might make herself a target. I would say no!, honestly hijab is enough for now.
                I wear niqab and have got more than my fair share of harassment. Alhamdulillah. You name it, it did happen to me. BUT this doesn't stop me wearing it or going out running errands.
                As, I wear it to please Allah SWT.

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                  I wear niqab and have got more than my fair share of harassment. Alhamdulillah. You name it, it did happen to me. BUT this doesn't stop me wearing it or going out running errands.
                  As, I wear it to please Allah SWT.
                  If you are ok with this kind of treatment, In islamic countries you can wear with no problem. IN case you were making dua about oppression from people. Like is mentioned in the quran those who said we can not move anywear, and the reply was : Was this earth not specious enough. Good luck tho

Comment

All of you should just come and live here in saudi! Wallahi it's a place where you can live without fear (in regards to wearing islamic dress code, crime etc etc).

There's lots of jobs going. Bring your family and benefit from live talks with major scholars.

Allahu akbar

Comment

He really should have had the sense to discuss this with her before marriage

Comment

Originally posted by Amaana View Post
                        All of you should just come and live here in saudi! Wallahi it's a place where you can live without fear (in regards to wearing islamic dress code, crime etc etc).

There's lots of jobs going. Bring your family and benefit from live talks with major scholars.

Allahu akbar
                        Do you need to learn Arabic before moving there?

Comment

Nope. Not at all

You can take up lessons with a private teacher once you come.

Comment

Allahu akbar
                            brb gonna get master from one of the ivy leagues.

Comment

Allahu akbar
                              lol no thanks
                              there are a lot of other places with less restrictions where you can freely cover as you like and learn from scholars
                              شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                              فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                              وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                                brb gonna get master from one of the ivy leagues.
                                Akhi degree and experience will do akhi

Comment

Working...
                                X