Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    Well I read something on IslamQA about this. If she believes in the opinion that niqab is obligatory, then thy right supersedes the husband. Now if she believes its optional, then the husbands right supersedes. However ask Darul Ilm about this or ask them to contact a sheikh
    to my knowledge this is 100% true. if it's not viewed as obligatory (only viewed as mustahabb) then unfortunately, regardless of whether she wants the barakah of doing it or prefers to do it, her husband's preference comes first. if it is viewed as obligatory then the husband cannot keep you from doing it. however there is also the nuance of whether it's viewed as fard or wajib - most people that i know see it as wajib and so you may want to consult a mufti on whether the husband can keep her from it because it's not fard.

personally i would not like to marry anyone who would keep me from wearing it and agree with zesty - i don't know why anyone would marry a sister they know wears niqab if they don't want a wife who wears niqab (and going further why anyone would not want a wife who wears niqab but perhaps that's for another thread, lol). for the sake of the marriage and the wife's happiness and spiritual benefit i don't know why a husband could not compromise on this. however i do know of sisters who've successfully convinced their reluctant husbands it was for the best through patience and effort.

Comment

Just to update you guys, the brother was not aware the sister use to wear the niqab occasionally, this came to light recently. the husband was aware the sister may/may never wear it in the future.
      The sister is not sure if she will ever be ready however if and when the times comes she will without her husbands say so. So what do you think guys?

Comment

Better for the couple to talk it out.

I'm not defending the husband here, and my wife wears niqaab but for all those slamming him, what if there is a real threat of danger wear they live? And his intention is to protect her from harm so he is following a valid opinion which he feels is better for the situation? Just trying to make people see things from both sides.
        "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by TanMan17 View Post
          Just to update you guys, the brother was not aware the sister use to wear the niqab occasionally, this came to light recently. the husband was aware the sister may/may never wear it in the future.
          The sister is not sure if she will ever be ready however if and when the times comes she will without her husbands say so. So what do you think guys?
          It hasn't happened yet and the sister doesn't think she'll ever be ready? If that's the case, then maybe you're worrying too much?

I'm not sure if you mentioned your reasoning for not being happy with her wearing it full time, but that would influence my thoughts on the matter. If it's about safety, then I'd say assess the situation properly and don't go by hearsay. I used to think it wasn't safe to wear niqab and a family member warned me of the same after I started, but those worries were pretty exaggerated compared to the reality.

Comment

Why to pursuit at first place niqab wearing sister, if he doesn't want her wear it?
            I wouldn't marry brother, who is anti-niqabi. Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Does he view it as optional and feel there is a increased danger to her if she wears it which is why he is objecting?

For example, they live in an area with few Muslims and a lot of racism or anti-Muslim sentiment. Or the wife can't drive and has to rely on public transport so increased risk of attack.

Maybe there is more to this than simply saying he is anti-niqab.

Comment

What purpose does he serve then if he can't be a man and protect his wife who wears niqaab.
                "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
                Darul Ilm Blog
                Darul Ilm Faceboook
                Darul Ilm Twitter
                Darul Ilm Google+
                Ummah Radio Classes
                Ummah Radio
                Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
                Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

Her pet cat will have more gheerah for her than this 'man'

Comment

A relevant question
                    Can the husband force his wife to wear niqab?
                    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Prior marriage, sister was wearing niqab occasionally to shops, wedding and masjid.
                      Post marriage, shes has the intention to wear it full time WHEN shes feel right (she may never do).
                      Now, her husband is not fully supportive of the decision and would like to know your views where they stand.

Jzk
                      :salams

You should be most extremely happy that your future wife wants to wear full face niqaab in'shaa'ALLAH. A woman's face is most extremely beautiful and the headscarf only enhances her beautiful face, but the wonderful thing about the full face niqaab is that it covers a woman's beautiful face completely from all men to see always. Real masculine chaste men should never allow another man to see any part of his wife's entire body at all including the woman's face.
                      in'shaa'ALLAH my dream/goal is to marry the most extremely excellent chaste virgin devout Muminah woman who never had a boyfriend at all always and who wears full face niqaab always only. So why are you complaining , ALLAH had blessed you with a most extremely wonderful blessing ma'shaa'ALLAH and your upset with this most extremely wonderful blessing that your future wife is trying to be decent in'shaa'ALLAH.
                      Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 28-11-16, 10:05 AM.
                      ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Prior marriage, sister was wearing niqab occasionally to shops, wedding and masjid.
                        Post marriage, shes has the intention to wear it full time WHEN shes feel right (she may never do).
                        Now, her husband is not fully supportive of the decision and would like to know your views where they stand.

Jzk
                        I don't think it's that simple. In case she wears niqab full time, she will not be able (willing) to do some things on her own, and her husband is expected to do it, and that's why I think he should have a say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
                          I don't think it's that simple. In case she wears niqab full time, she will not be able (willing) to do some things on her own, and her husband is expected to do it, and that's why I think he should have a say in it.
                          what kind of things exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                            what kind of things exactly?
                            I know of some niqabi girls who don't want to go out by themselves , expecting their husband to keep them company. Also, there is a girl I know who doesn't go shopping ever, with or without her husband. I don't think it is fair, or even possible because people today work a lot and have no extra time to waste.

Comment

I think sisters who want to wear niqab should seek divorce if they have husbands who prevent them from wearing it. If he's bothered by her covering up and being unsupportive, then IMO she's better off without him. That might be a valid reason for divorce, Allahu'Alam.
                              “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

Does niqab attract unwanted attention from the wrong crowd? imagine your wife asking too wear one for the first time, with all these non muslims feeling frustrated with Islam(the image shown by media) She might make herself a target. I would say no!, honestly hijab is enough for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X