Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

Prior marriage, sister was wearing niqab occasionally to shops, wedding and masjid.
    Post marriage, shes has the intention to wear it full time WHEN shes feel right (she may never do).
    Now, her husband is not fully supportive of the decision and would like to know your views where they stand.

Jzk

Re: Can a husband say no to wife wearing a niqab?

As-salaamu alaykum.

If she's pursuing something with intention for the sake of Allah swt, then that goes before the right of the husband. This is just my understanding.

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by SuperHS; 31-01-15, 02:42 PM.
    ‎Verily amongst the people are those who are keys to good ‎and locks to evil. And amongst the people are those who ‎are keys to evil and locks to good. So glad tidings for the ‎one whom Allah has placed the keys of good upon his hands and woe be to the one ‎whom Allah has placed the keys of evil at his disposal. - Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Comment

What kind of husband does she have

She should be more worried about that. She tries to get closer to ALLAH and he stops her
      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Well I read something on IslamQA about this. If she believes in the opinion that niqab is obligatory, then thy right supersedes the husband. Now if she believes its optional, then the husbands right supersedes. However ask Darul Ilm about this or ask them to contact a sheikh
        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

So bizarre. Why marry a sister wearing Niqab in the first place then? Even if it's just occasionally? I mean surely he could preempt that she may wish to one day go further and wear it more full time? Just seems really odd to me and what kind of Muslim man doesn't want his wife to wear niqaab unless it's because he fears for her safety when he's not around?
          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by TanMan17 View Post
            Prior marriage, sister was wearing niqab occasionally to shops, wedding and masjid.
            Post marriage, shes has the intention to wear it full time WHEN shes feel right (she may never do).
            Now, her husband is not fully supportive of the decision and would like to know your views where they stand.

Jzk
            Why wouldn't a Muslim want his wife to wear niqab? I don't get it.

OK to actually answer the question, yes or no. It's not straight forward as scholars differ over whether it is obligatory or not for a woman to wear niqab.

If the husband believes it to be obligatory, he cannot forbid her obviously. There is no obedience to the creation which is in disobedience to the Creator.
            If the wife believes it is obligatory, same is also true, even if the husband disagrees upon this point. She cannot obey him in this.

If both the husband and wife believe it is a voluntary, recommended act, there is some argument for him being able to forbid her, though I wouldn't understand why any man would do so, having gheerah for his wife and not having other men look at her.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

As far as I know Niqab is optional , Hijab is compulsory ( correct me if I am wrong )

If the Husband is not supportive , then its tough for a wife to wear Niqab.

Husband is wrong here , but just to maintain the peace of the house I feel she should wear Hijab.

Other thing she can do is that slowly convince husband that Niqab is a better option.

In sha Allah things would sort out. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                As far as I know Niqab is optional , Hijab is compulsory ( correct me if I am wrong )

If the Husband is not supportive , then its tough for a wife to wear Niqab.

Husband is wrong here , but just to maintain the peace of the house I feel she should wear Hijab.

Other thing she can do is that slowly convince husband that Niqab is a better option.

In sha Allah things would sort out. :)
                There is a difference of opinion on this, whether niqab is obligatory or only recommended, but at the very least it is agreed it is a good act, rewarded by Allaah, and as such something every Muslim man should want for his wife.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Niqab is must akhi.
                  70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
                    There is a difference of opinion on this, whether niqab is obligatory or only recommended, but at the very least it is agreed it is a good act, rewarded by Allaah, and as such something every Muslim man should want for his wife.
                    Yes , a Husband should want , but is it worth spoiling a marriage instantly for a matter in which difference of opinion exists ?

Is it not sensible to approach the thing carefully ?

Read my post , I said that the wife should slowly try & convince the matter.

Comment

She should ask for khula, I would do that. Dumb coco

Comment

Why on earth would a husband stop his wife from wearing niqab ... SubhanAllah where do they one these people
                        ▪️ 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 ▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Ask a knowledgeable person in your mosque. You will get a more rational answer there instead of replies by single tough guys on the internet.

Comment

What kind of ridiculousness...

Unless he seriously fears for her safety, what possible reason could he have for opposing his wife's decision to wear niqab?
                            اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

I wouldn't marry a wife who wanted to wear niqa'ab. End of.

Comment

Working...
                              X