Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping - Tell me i'm wrong

:salams:

Now, when I meant shopping, I guess mainly i'm talking about going with your spouse, NOT anything else you may have thought @)

I went out with family recently (mum and sisters) and began to realise I hate shopping with women.

*phew*, ok, now that you done throwing rocks sisters, i'll explain. When men go shopping, we seem so much more militarily precise about it and the process is quick. By quick I mean 3/4 hours MAX on actual visiting shops, deciding etc. Yesterday, it took us about 2 hours worth of travel to get to and from the shopping centre and even if I didn't count that, in total, we spent SEVEN hours! there. In fact, majority of the time it was probably just looking.

So, mainly for brothers I guess, but how do you cope and to the sisters, how do you make things easier for the husband when going shopping? I understand going with your friends isn't always an option @)

PS - I see it as a duty and therefore I would go and put up with the boredom if needed, but I l'm actually looking for tips on how to make it a fun experience for both spouses. :jkk:
    Last edited by Constant Hope; 14-01-15, 10:11 AM.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Re: Shopping - Tell me i'm wrong

go get married already...pointless thread is pointless
    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      :salams:

Now, when I meant shopping, I guess mainly i'm talking about going with your spouse, NOT anything else you may have thought @)

I went out with family recently (mum and sisters) and began to realise I hate shopping with women.

*phew*, ok, now that you done throwing rocks sisters, i'll explain. When men go shopping, we seem so much more militarily precise about it and the process is quick. By quick I mean 3/4 hours MAX on actual visiting shops, deciding etc. Yesterday, it took us about 2 hours worth of travel to get to and from the shopping centre and even if I didn't count that, in total, we spent SEVEN hours! there. In fact, majority of the time it was probably just looking.

So, mainly for brothers I guess, but how do you cope and to the sisters, how do you make things easier for the husband when going shopping? I understand going with your friends isn't always an option @)

PS - I see it as a duty and therefore I would go and out up with the boredom if needed, but I l'm actually looking for tips on how to make it a fun experience for both spouses. :jkk:
      3 to 4 hours max??? That's 3 to 4 times more than my max...
      Last edited by oshirowanen; 14-01-15, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
        go get married already...pointless thread is pointless
        Ahem! This is a VERY important topic for a man to know about. It's basically a survival strategy. Now help me out(!) Tell me the secret to coping as a man shopping with a woman

PS - You just jelly i'm stealing your thunder Pony Girl

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
        3 to 4 hours max??? That's 3 to 4 times more than my max...
        Well, I was thinking of when you're with a group of lads visitibg a range of shops.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I shop in a frenzy. I buy clothes quickly. I rarely try them on. I've researched makeup/skincare before I've left so I know exactly what I want.

My entire shopping experience rarely takes longer than an Hr.

My husband on the other hand, takes ages at the supermarket as he looks at offers, spends ages clothes shopping, as he tries everything on. And can be standing for ages at perfume counters, thobe or suit shops.

We deal with it by travelling together and usually seperating. Ie I will leave him in a perfume counter, go off and do my own thing and join him later.
          https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Wa alaikum salam wr wb

Just leave them to shop till they drop, lol, while you go home or elsewhere, that is the only way you going to keep sane!
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Ahem! This is a VERY important topic for a man to know about. It's basically a survival strategy. Now help me out(!) Tell me the secret to coping as a man shopping with a woman

PS - You just jelly i'm stealing your thunder Pony Girl .
              Yes blates

I had a meme of that infamous stool/chair found in most places which read...a guys place when women go shopping...cant find it :scratch:

Not all women are crazy abour shopping btw some are just as methodical as men, pray you get one of them :up:

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                I shop in a frenzy. I buy clothes quickly. I rarely try them on. I've researched makeup/skincare before I've left so I know exactly what I want.

My husband on the other hand, takes ages at the supermarket as he looks at offers, spends ages clothes shopping, as he tries everything on. And can be standing for ages at perfume counters, thobe or suit shops.

We deal with it by travelling together and usually seperating. Ie I will leave him in a perfume counter, go off and do my own thing and join him later.
                lol, bit of role reversal there

Ok, so I guess it depends very much on what your spouse is like, as pardon me for saying, but you seem like an exception to the typical female shopper. In a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                  Wa alaikum salam wr wb

Just leave them to shop till they drop, lol, while you go home or elsewhere, that is the only way you going to keep sane!
                  I would have done that, but sometimes not an option. Plus, I feel it's the right thing to be there as a male guardian maybe/shopping trolly @)

Although, I definitely think i'll try getting them to call when they finish

Yes blates

I had a meme of that infamous stool/chair found in most places which read...a guys place when women go shopping...cant find it :scratch:

Not all women are crazy abour shopping btw some are just as methodical as men, pray you get one of them :up:
                  :insha: but nonetheless, just in case she's more 'typical', i'm hoping to pick up a few tips. Maybe even adapt(!) *gasps*

I would like to see these memes *goes off to Google*

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	10754377

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post

I shop like london gal lool
                      My policy is esp around indian clothes if I like I am going to buy it and then go home
                      I will not look in any other shops
                      Last edited by Muslima London; 14-01-15, 12:48 PM.
                      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                        I shop like london gal lool
                        My policy is esp around indian clothes if I like I am going to buy it and m them go home
                        I will not look in any other shops
                        Yep.

My thing is, the quicker we shop, the quicker we can move on to some fun avtivity.

Like eating. Lol
                        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74644[/ATTACH]
                          Lol, so true

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the responses. Not sure if real life answers though :rofl1:

Comment

ermmmmm...no lool not all sisters take that amount of time, minimum for me would be 2 hours max and we're talking over 8 bags of clothes,shoes and bags lol .. however since your in that sad situation loool try these tips inshallah... here is a fact-----> men get bored after just 26 minutes of shopping. looool

1- have a walk about out side the shop
                            2- go get a drink or something to eat
                            3- find another male waiting and chat about your frustration
                            4- go to the car and nap
                            5- make sure they give you a very nice treat for your patience...for example treat you to a buff restaurant or buy you new trainers.. i don't know.. good luck :up:
                            I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                            Guide me on your path to your janna,
                            Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Lol, so true

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the responses. Not sure if real life answers though :rofl1:
                              You shouldn't beleive stereotypes

Comment

Working...
                              X