Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top characteristic in husband

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Top characteristic in husband

    Nice, I am not nice or funny.

    Guess strong, fit, and handsome is of no use.

    Made for singledom :o
    Watch those eyes

    Comment


    • Re: Top characteristic in husband

      Protective

      I want to feel cherished and protected by him
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

      O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

      Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

      Comment


      • Re: Top characteristic in husband

        lol @ nice

        لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

        -------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

        Comment


        • Re: Top characteristic in husband

          You can't really choose one characteristic. Someone could say honesty but that doesn't mean they want someone horrible who is honest about it.

          Comment


          • Re: Top characteristic in husband

            Stuff all the ones listed.

            As long as he can give you a small loan of a million dollars.

            Comment


            • Re: Top characteristic in husband

              RICH is 3RD MOST VOTED :emmersed: wth !!!!! HAHA !!!!

              A girl in an option for two guys, will always chose the one with the better resume... :asta:

              Comment


              • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                :salams

                Nice, funny and romantic (this should've been an option)

                Nice: If someone is rude then it turns me off big time. Being nice is VERY important and seriously a guy can have nothing but if he's very nice and understanding of other's feelings then he can be the most attractive guy in this world to me. I'm really terrified of being physically or emotionally abused by my husband so I really really hope he'll be nice :(

                Funny: Most of the time, I hear that husbands are really serious to their wives but I want to laugh with my husband and have fun with him. He really doesn't have to make me laugh 24/7 but every now and then will do. I'm not a funny person myself so it's completely ok if he can't make me laugh all the time! As long as he's not serious all the time

                Romantic: Muhammad :saw: was very romantic to his wives and I sort of want my husband to be a little romantic too.. :embar:

                Out of the 3 if I had to choose 1 then I guess being nice is the most important to me. If someone is nice then that means he's not arrogant, he's not mean and rude, he won't go around doing bad things because he'll be considerate of people's feelings and most importantly he'll be making Allah happy because Allah loves those who are nice :)

                Hmm wealth came in 3rd. I guess we all have different things we want from our spouses but in my opinion wealth attracts a lot of enemies so it's not important to me at all as long as he can provide the necessities.
                "Let the days do as they please
                And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                Do not despair due to the events of the past
                For the events of this world were not meant to last"

                - Imam Shafi'i

                Comment


                • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                  I'd love him to be protective, a leader type, loving and compassionate.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                    Nice = good khuluq.

                    The value of a man with good khuluq is that which will lead you to happiness in this life. Someone who treats his wife like she is the most precious thing in the world, with kindness and compassion, I do not think any woman who has such a man would trade for any of the other traits listed.
                    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

                    Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

                    Comment


                    • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                      :salams

                      There's just so many but I truly appreciate thoughtfulness and being considerate of others.

                      It really increases your love for someone when you see how they put others first and are willing to sacrifice their time, ego, self in order to make someone else feel better.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                        Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                        Nice = good khuluq.

                        The value of a man with good khuluq is that which will lead you to happiness in this life. Someone who treats his wife like she is the most precious thing in the world, with kindness and compassion, I do not think any woman who has such a man would trade for any of the other traits listed.
                        Well said, sis. Definitely true, if you have good akhlaaq you pretty much have all the characterstics a woman would want in a man and you no longer need to name positive traits one by one since they come under that umbrella.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                          Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
                          Well said, sis. Definitely true, if you have good akhlaaq you pretty much have all the characterstics a woman would want in a man and you no longer need to name positive traits one by one since they come under that umbrella.
                          But I kept hearing from people that if a husband is too nice with the wife, she will take advantage of him and exploit him for her needs. Is this true? It scares me a little

                          Comment


                          • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                            Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                            But I kept hearing from people that if a husband is too nice with the wife, she will take advantage of him and exploit him for her needs. Is this true? It scares me a little
                            I just saw a thread with the exact scenario you've mentioned. Sad that women (not all) are like that.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                              Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                              But I kept hearing from people that if a husband is too nice with the wife, she will take advantage of him and exploit him for her needs. Is this true? It scares me a little
                              :salams

                              There's no denying that some women are like that and the fault lies with her if she exploits her kind and gentle husband and it's not because of him or his kind nature but because of a deficiency that she's got. You don't hear of the women who appreciate their kind husbands and don't treat him like a doormat because they won't broadcast their happy marriages. The same goes for women, some end up with husbands that take advantage of her good character and manners and when their husbands mistreat them, people will blame her and said that it's because she was too kind and she should have been harsher with him so he doesn't abuse her.

                              SubhaanAllaah this is terrible advice and completely wrong! Imagine the person gets remarried and they treat a good man/woman like filth because they previously felt being kind didn't pay off. They have failed to understand that Allaah has tested them by putting them into a situation like this and perhaps it was too see if they truly follow the way of our prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam when he said: ""Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it. Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished."

                              Our behaviour shouldn't depend on what we get out of it but it should depend on whether or not we are following what Allaah and his messenger salallahu alayhi wa salam commanded and having full belief that this is better than anything else. That's the sincerity that Allaah rewards.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Top characteristic in husband

                                Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
                                :salams

                                There's no denying that some women are like that and the fault lies with her if she exploits her kind and gentle husband and it's not because of him or his kind nature but because of a deficiency that she's got. You don't hear of the women who appreciate their kind husbands and don't treat him like a doormat because they won't broadcast their happy marriages. The same goes for women, some end up with husbands that take advantage of her good character and manners and when their husbands mistreat them, people will blame her and said that it's because she was too kind and she should have been harsher with him so he doesn't abuse her.

                                SubhaanAllaah this is terrible advice and completely wrong! Imagine the person gets remarried and they treat a good man/woman like filth because they previously felt being kind didn't pay off. They have failed to understand that Allaah has tested them by putting them into a situation like this and perhaps it was too see if they truly follow the way of our prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam when he said: ""Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it. Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished."

                                Our behaviour shouldn't depend on what we get out of it but it should depend on whether or not we are following what Allaah and his messenger salallahu alayhi wa salam commanded and having full belief that this is better than anything else. That's the sincerity that Allaah rewards.
                                right, it can happen to either the man or woman. It depends who you marry and why you choose to marry them.

                                there are a few members on hear that fear acting nice to their wife and ending up being treated like a doormat.
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X