Who are you? (describe yourself)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are you? (describe yourself)

I think its good to write about your positive traits but also your areas where you hope to improve. I really feel that its vital we marry people who can help us in areas of our deen that need work. It is also important to touch on your expectations of your wife and your personality. For instance: are you easy-going or more type-A personality? Do you need a wife that bends easier towards your expectations and personality? Do you want a wife who works or stays home? How many kids would you like and where do you plan to raise them?

When my husband and I first met and started speaking, I felt like I was in the most rigorous interview process I had ever experienced because he asked me so many questions I had never thought of, but through this process we learned so much about each other and Alhumdulilah, I learned what he expected of me and that I would have to be flexible in dealing with him because of his strong personality. Because of that, our marriage has been very peaceful with few surprises.

If you don't discuss these things initially, it can cause a lot of friction later on. Personally, I'm not sure if you should write your salary. Hopefully someone else can offer better advice on that than I can.

Inshallah may Allah give you a righteous wife!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]“The Day they come forth nothing concerning them will be concealed from Allah. To whom belongs [all] sovereignty this Day? To Allah, the One, the Irresistible!” (Qur’an, 40: 16)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

U should know urself. You should know who you are. No one here's knows you.

Don't be a poetic, unless it's just a tad. Like maybe at the end.
      Women are a sucker for a man who sparks their ears with sweet words. It's sad but true. How do you think some really unattractive guys get good looking girls? lol
      Because they know how relate to girls, how to talk to them, make them feel good, in turn the women fall prey to that.

Write about ur positive traits. Write about some things you struggle on. Be genuine.
      There's nothing more that irks me than those ridiculous marriage profiles with the cliche garbage. Be sincere.

Genuine women seeking marriage will seek a genuine man. So potray urself in a positive light but also dont lie or give a false impression.

Comment

I think he should have finished filling the form by now
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Yes I have finished the form :) Actually my confusion was due to what information should I include and how to word it, not due to my lack of understanding of the self.

Well, thank you, jazakallahu khair, for all of your input :)
          I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
          X