Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you? (describe yourself)

Assalamualaykum Ummah,

So I went to a masjid this morning to inquire about marriage help. Alhamdulillah they have a program to help people find a spouse. They gave me a form to fill. On the form, after the usual stuff (name, age, occupation, etc) comes the core of it: who are you? (describe yourself) in about 20 lines. my mind goes blank, what should I write? Should I list my good and bad traits? Should I describe my daily ibadah, such as that I pray in masjid, pray the sunnah, etc? And about salary, should I write it? What do you think?
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Re: Who are you? (describe yourself)

salaam... just be honest, be yourself inshallah
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

:wswrwb:

I would answer the question just as how someone would want to know about their potential spouse. When you ask someone who they are, what is it that you think is important to know that would be put into consideration for marriage?

I don't think salary is important to know, but it could be good to mention if you are able to afford a household, a family. To mention about your ibadah is not a bad idea, anyone would want to know if their potential spouse is praying and fasting.
      "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
        Assalamualaykum Ummah,

So I went to a masjid this morning to inquire about marriage help. Alhamdulillah they have a program to help people find a spouse. They gave me a form to fill. On the form, after the usual stuff (name, age, occupation, etc) comes the core of it: who are you? (describe yourself) in about 20 lines. my mind goes blank, what should I write? Should I list my good and bad traits? Should I describe my daily ibadah, such as that I pray in masjid, pray the sunnah, etc? And about salary, should I write it? What do you think?

Just write on the first page

O.K ...

-and on the last page

***************BAN ME PLEASE********************

Comment

be poetic in describing yourself. Maybe rhyme a little

girls love it

Comment

"I'm a wandering nomad. My journey and goals arduous but a journey I yearn to fufill for at journey's end lies half of my deen, a love only second to our lord and Prophet :saw:. For centuries have we sought this treasure but some have failed. May Allah guide mine".

Bit short? @)
            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

:salams:

This is always the worst part and the most boring part.

I tell them I'm dangerous and if they don't like it, then it really isn't my loss. But it is worded differently, maybe this is where I'm going wrong? lol not really

It's so hard, I have nothing to say about myself (even my siblings don't lool), I'm very boring. And when I come across profiles that are very outgoing and active, I'm feeling a bit :-/ I am just a zombie.

I think poetry would be lame, I'm sorry. Unless you do it properly, it has to be good, decent not dodgy and creepy. Don't be something you're not, and I agree with another post, be honest and be yourself. No point of pretending, after all you'll have to try to live with this woman FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.

All the best
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                be poetic in describing yourself. Maybe rhyme a little

girls love it
                I don't think the girls get to read it perhaps the whoever in charge of the program and the imam/walis do.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
                  I don't think the girls get to read it perhaps the whoever in charge of the program and the imam/walis do.
                  So the woman doesn't get the chance to know the background of the man before the imam get them to meet?
                  I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Do you think I have to mention my introversion?

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                      Do you think I have to mention my introversion?
                      Don't say introvert, say you're reserved :up:
                      :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                        So is reserved a code for shy when it's a female?
                        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I signed up to a marriage site for the lolz. I remember finding it so hard to describe myself. In the end, I was like scratch this since I wasn't even serious about it in the first place hahaha.
                          [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                            So is reserved a code for shy when it's a female?
                            Huh? :scratch:

introvert to me is someone who shares very little, a reserved person however is someone who is willing to open up but it just takes them time.
                            :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
                              Just write on the first page

O.K ...

-and on the last page

***************BAN ME PLEASE********************
                              Clear indication that reps do not equal quality.
                              Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                              Reserved as in in a straight jacket, missed medication?
                              Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                              I signed up to a marriage site for the lolz. I remember finding it so hard to describe myself. In the end, I was like scratch this since I wasn't even serious about it in the first place hahaha.
                              Seriously, do you read what you write? It comes across as something a toddler would write with crayons on the wall, except you have a keyboard.
                              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Working...
                              X