X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hitting the wife

Originally posted by insann View Post
    Bism Allah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim
    Many people misunderstand this. In the verse where Allah said to hit the wife, Ibn Abas said hit her with a "Siwak" so it is like hitting her with a Pencil, it is more psychological than physical. If the wife is good and love her husband this is magic , this is after advising her and boycut her . As a matter of fact , a woman asked the prophet peace be upon him about getting married from potentials , our prophet peace be upon him warned her from one and said "he hits women"

I did the siwak thing with my EX and it used to really hurt her (psychologically) and would make her go back to the right track right away....

Allah knows best.
    No one was hit with siwak! Am I the only person here who has actually read the hadith?

Ibn Sa`d in al-Tabaqat al-Kubra, Al-Tabarani in al-Mu`jam al-Kabir, Abu Ya`la in his Musnad, Abu Nu`aym in Hilyat al-Awliya' and al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak narrated from Umm Salama: "The Prophet was in my house and there was a siwak in his hand. He called for Wasifa [the servant-girl] to come to him or to her [i.e. to serve Umm Salama] but she tarried until anger was visible on his face. So Umm Salama went out to her and found her playing with an animal. She said to her: "You are playing while the Messenger of Allah is calling you?" She replied: "No, by the one who sent you with truth! I did not hear you." Whereupon the Prophet said: "Were it not for fear of exaction (qawad) on the Day of Resurrection, I should surely make you sore (la'awja`tuki) with this toothpick."

Al-Munawi in Fayd al-Qadir mentioned that al-Mundhiri and al-Haythami declared its chain of transmission good. Al-Suyuti graded the hadith "fair" (hasan) in al-Jami` al-Saghir.
    So the prophet :saw: did not hit her.

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"
    And we see this in the Qur'an. This verse instructs prophet Ayub in how to 'beat' his wife.

"And take in your hand a bundle of thin grass and strike therewith (your wife), and break not your oath . Truly! We found him patient. How excellent (a) slave! Verily, he was ever oft-returning in repentance (to Us)! 38:44
    "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

• Re: Hitting the wife

Originally posted by AKMuzzle View Post
      Lol. Thats what they all say.
      You the "nice, beta male" guy who got rejected? The guys who feel sorry for themselves and cry "nice guys fisnish last" are usually the worst kind of men.

Comment

Working...
      X