Hitting the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting the wife

I've not been on here for a few days, but I remember OP thread about the criteria his wife must have lol
    I know some of you aren't gonna like this, but some women are mischievous and like to wind their husbands up. But beating them ain't gonna work, cause if they've made their mind up they are going to go through with it anyway. Some men and women are just stubborn.
    I don't beat my wife btw :)

Comment

Re: Hitting the wife

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
      Kayr. But i'm unsure of what the brother actually said wrong. Noone here can actually dispute that a husband is allowed to hit his wife IN islam. This is basic islam.

I know sisters will get annoyed at the mention of this but IF this boils your blood the least you could do is remain silent.
      The brother went wrong in that he just dived in without explaining what nushooz is, and the steps a husband can take to deal with a wife who is exhibiting clear signs of nushooz.
      I guess that's why the sisters went off on him.

This is a serious matter, and just like we can't advice divorce to someone, we can't advice the method of beating without clarifying why one would resort to doing it in the first place.

Personally I was taught this in fiqh from a young age, but we need to remember that many people have very little knowledge of the deen. And they can misunderstand the ayaat which in return can affect one's imaan.

Comment

I wonder how many respondents of this thread are in fact married?

To the opening poster, jazaakallah khayr
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
          I wonder how many respondents of this thread are in fact married?

To the opening poster, jazaakallah khayr
          Why do you need to be married to comment?

Comment

I never understood the miswak rule.

So first you stop sharing beds with her, then stop talking then hit her? And then proceed to divorce? How is the beating gna help the situation. Nonetheless it is said one should hit her lightly like hitting with a miswak. How is that even effective? Don't you guys think that maybe it's metaphorical rather then literal?

Comment

Will wait for more replies before commenting
              sigpic

Comment

You got enough replies to make the comment, so please explain.

Jazakallahu Khayr.

Comment

idk why but i'd imagine if a guy tried to do that, his wife would end up laughing and find that hilarious.

"come here, i need to give you a nice beating with this miswak"
                  "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                  -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by shann View Post
                    I feel this is an old age tactic, and would never use it on my wife.

I would feel like a disgusting human being to inflict pain on my wife, let alone a women.

Just imagine your father laying his hand on your mother , how would you feel?
                    hitting her is one thing. but surely there are other ways of rebuking her while also maintaining the respect she has for you. i know every sister on here would reject this, but im pretty sure as soon as the wife knows her husband doesnt have a firm stance, she will walk over him and get away with things, its just human nature.
                    "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                    -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by AKMuzzle View Post
                      I never understood the miswak rule.

So first you stop sharing beds with her, then stop talking then hit her? And then proceed to divorce? How is the beating gna help the situation. Nonetheless it is said one should hit her lightly like hitting with a miswak. How is that even effective? Don't you guys think that maybe it's metaphorical rather then literal?
                      I think it's more of a degrading act. To demonstrate the seriousness of the wife's actions. Allahu Alam
                      Last edited by The Criterion; 06-01-15, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Lol. Ok I'm game.

I am not married, so on one hand it means i have no practical personal experience to back up what I am saying. On the other hand it allows me to present a relatively unbiased opinion sourced from traditional Islamic views, elders opinions, and other people's experiences.

Either way i am sure that most people will agree that we can still post if we are single.....otherwise this forum would be dead lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post
                          idk why but i'd imagine if a guy tried to do that, his wife would end up laughing and find that hilarious.

hmmm...have you read the instructions on the miswaak? Are you sure you are using it properly? Try poking her in the eye. Let's see if seh finds that funny....:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            I would like to hear back from the OP.

What would happen if the wife misbehaved and didn't add enough salt to her cooking? Would it mean she gets sent to the corner, meaning PUNCH HER LIGHTS OUT, with the siwak of course. I wonder how powerful this feels.

I shall try it on myself. I will get back to you folks.

I'm doing a tester with my toothbrush as I do not have a siwak at this very moment. I think we should all try to 'experience' it.

*I'm not being sarcastic
                            Ouch I tried it... Dame hurts. Thanks brother.
                            I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                            Guide me on your path to your janna,
                            Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post

Loool
                              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                              Guide me on your path to your janna,
                              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by The Criterion View Post
                                I think it's more of a degrading act. To show the demonstrate the seriousness of the wife's actions. Allahu Alam
                                A slap is degrading. Just don't know what lightly tapping a miswak would do other then break the tension and make both parties lol.

Having said all that though,There's no doubt that when you degrade a woman, she tends to be more obedient. Examples from family ,friends personal experience and others indicates women like being treated bad. Not all women but it's certainly true for the cases that I've come across.

Allah knows best though

Comment

Working...
                                X