X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitting the wife

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I would like to hear back from the OP.

What would happen if the wife misbehaved and didn't add enough salt to her cooking? Would it mean she gets sent to the corner, meaning PUNCH HER LIGHTS OUT, with the siwak of course. I wonder how powerful this feels.

I shall try it on myself. I will get back to you folks.

I'm doing a tester with my toothbrush as I do not have a siwak at this very moment. I think we should all try to 'experience' it.

*I'm not being sarcastic

Don't try it on yourself.
    - Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Comment

Last edited by Simply_Logical; 07-01-15, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Sooner or later they going to call the cops on you.....

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
          Let's not taunt and ridicule the brother. We are Muslim, and as Muslims we need to remember that there are better ways of correcting, and disagreeing with each other.
          Kayr. But i'm unsure of what the brother actually said wrong. Noone here can actually dispute that a husband is allowed to hit his wife IN islam. This is basic islam.

I know sisters will get annoyed at the mention of this but IF this boils your blood the least you could do is remain silent.
          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Yes, but it's more of a last resort, no?

Comment

Originally posted by The Criterion View Post
              Omdz, this guy.
              Innit!
              [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
                Yeah when I read he used to hurt her physiologically I was just like O.o
                Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                Kayr. But i'm unsure of what the brother actually said wrong. Noone here can actually dispute that a husband is allowed to hit his wife IN islam. This is basic islam.

I know sisters will get annoyed at the mention of this but IF this boils your blood the least you could do is remain silent.
                He used the 'P' word, I think that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                  Sounds callous to me. Why not just say how you feel to the husband and let him make a decision.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAH That is exactly what I would be like if I was married. I think I would be at the other extreme where I always talk about how I feel. Working on it... :/
                  [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAH That is exactly what I would be like if I was married. I think I would be at the other extreme where I always talk about how I feel. Working on it... :/
                    A future nagger hey?

Comment

Originally posted by The Criterion View Post
                      Yes, but it's more of a last resort, no?

At this rate i think you all need a miswak tbh.

Comment

At this rate i think you all need a miswak tbh.
                        Can't tell if serious….

Comment

A future nagger hey?
                          I think so. :( I'm like always so open. I'm a stereotypical woman. A talker. Basically a nagger I guess..... :/

I think the solution is to find lots of other people you can nag then the husband won't get such a big headache from all the nagging.

Comment

Last edited by Simply_Logical; 07-01-15, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by insann View Post
                              Bism Allah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim
                              Many people misunderstand this. In the verse where Allah said to hit the wife, Ibn Abas said hit her with a "Siwak" so it is like hitting her with a Pencil, it is more psychological than physical. If the wife is good and love her husband this is magic , this is after advising her and boycut her . As a matter of fact , a woman asked the prophet peace be upon him about getting married from potentials , our prophet peace be upon him warned her from one and said "he hits women"

I did the siwak thing with my EX and it used to really hurt her (psychologically) and would make her go back to the right track right away....

Allah knows best.
                              i never came across hitting with the pencil.. i wander how that would feel lol... sorry, i mean i don't mean to be funny.. erm yea i would rather that then a fist. so i agree. good thread.
                              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                              Guide me on your path to your janna,
                              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

I feel this is an old age tactic, and would never use it on my wife.

I would feel like a disgusting human being to inflict pain on my wife, let alone a women.

Just imagine your father laying his hand on your mother , how would you feel?
                                unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

Working...
                                X