Clear All

Re: Small Wedding suggestions

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    Does that 10k include everything
    Food n venue
    If you had a wedding n walima in one it is cheaper
    Quite nikah in the home n then a joint party
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

yea it should defo suffice...

Comment

interesting!
        :1popcorn:
        Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Last edited by nonameakhi; 30-12-14, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'm thinking of all my options to keep things on a small scale as I won't have very many people from my own side tbh. I know you gave the example of Ali (ra) saying that, but usually people do things faster than you might be able to unless you had an idea in advance which is why I chose to ask about it. Back then it wasn't as 'complicated'. Nikah, small walima. Job done. Now we got all this extra crap that pretty much is de facto expected to be done.

So I just want to get it done on the value side without compromising quality.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
                10K in Indonesia is EXPENSIVE!!!
                That was the cheapest i ge but still good quality of food n tent cz fren. It's in sr(saudi riyal) not usd or gbp.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                    Akhie honestly it isn't that difficult. I did my own with no support and did my sisters virtually alone as family are usless
                    thats true when it comes to making arrangements lol

Comment

Doing it from scratch also has its own problems as you have to hire crockery, cutlery, tables, chairs and many other things. It is a lot of work.

Check with hotels or restaurants. Maybe you can get a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                        thats true when it comes to making arrangements lol
                        LOL

don't get me wrong they are happy with the bits they like, so cloths shopping and the frivolous stuff like what hair do to get, its the practicalities ensuring hall is booked and there are entrances and letting in the people and overseeing the mundane bits

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                          LOL

don't get me wrong they are happy with the bits they like, so cloths shopping and the frivolous stuff like what hair do to get, its the practicalities ensuring hall is booked and there are entrances and letting in the people and overseeing the mundane bits
                          the worst thing is no one wants to know when helping but on the wedding day everyone is your best friend lol

Comment

Originally posted by IslamPrevails View Post
                            Doing it from scratch also has its own problems as you have to hire crockery, cutlery, tables, chairs and many other things. It is a lot of work.

Check with hotels or restaurants. Maybe you can get a good deal.
                            Most places who do catering will provide this, halls who have done this regularly will do too

Generally the throw away stuff is the best and these days they have that in so many colours and designs so you are not restricted to white plastic/paper that falls apart

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                              the worst thing is no one wants to know when helping but on the wedding day everyone is your best friend lol
                              Oh on the wedding day of my sister I had to throw them out of the kitchen and serving areas. Not just family but friends of the bride and groom looking to earn points by saying ''look I helped''

Its bad enough without someone coming in and trying to completely change what you have organised

Best was at a wedding once a lad accepted the advice of an uncle and it fell apart. Afterwards when asked what happened the uncle said I only advised you didn't have to listen

I listen then do my own thing and have no problem saying thankyou but get out

Comment

Insha'Allah know who to message for advice now lol. Yeah, maybe when it comes to actually planning it will be fine :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X