Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Wedding suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Small Wedding suggestions

    Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    To be specific there are mosques such as Al manaar in Ladbroke grove which have beautiful rooms
    Set apart from the mosque itself

    And they are beautifully decorated

    Also some community halls are quite attractive

    Chrcj out the local authority pages of your borough
    Thanks for the tips. Here where I live, the mosques don't really have those things and the only one I do know of isn't well decorated. So I was looking into small venues set maybe in a estate.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

    Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Small Wedding suggestions

      I will share my experience . I invited around 150 person(less than 100 invitation card) to my humble Walima. My house is in a compound. I already asked for permission from the developer to arrange a walima. So I set tent for woman n man and me as a bride, set the chair n a bit fancy thing in my house for women to see me. My husband sit in man tent. The budget overall not more than 10k sr. But I arranged that in Indonesia n everything was cheaper. And also the tent n catering owner is my mom's fren so we got fren's price. 10 k is including my wedding dressed(made) for around 1k sr n make up about 500sr.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Small Wedding suggestions

        Originally posted by Umm.eesa View Post
        I will share my experience . I invited around 150 person(less than 100 invitation card) to my humble Walima. My house is in a compound. I already asked for permission from the developer to arrange a walima. So I set tent for woman n man and me as a bride, set the chair n a bit fancy thing in my house for women to see me. My husband sit in man tent. The budget overall not more than 10k sr. But I arranged that in Indonesia n everything was cheaper. And also the tent n catering owner is my mom's fren so we got fren's price. 10 k is including my wedding dressed(made) for around 1k sr n make up about 500sr.
        Thank you for sharing that story. Your wedding is actually a lot like those I saw for my own uncles in Pakistan. My grandad (RIP) from my dads side pitched up a tent for women in the house courtyard and one for men on the outside road for men for two of the weddings. My grandad (Mums side) lived round the corner and his wife; my grandma is my dads aunty. These were first cousin marriages almost for the most part.

        Can't really do that in the UK cause of how small some gardens are, so we're usually left to halls etc.
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

        Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Small Wedding suggestions

          Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
          Thank you for sharing that story. Your wedding is actually a lot like those I saw for my own uncles in Pakistan. My grandad (RIP) from my dads side pitched up a tent for women in the house courtyard and one for men on the outside road for men for two of the weddings. My grandad (Mums side) lived round the corner and his wife; my grandma is my dads aunty. These were first cousin marriages almost for the most part.

          Can't really do that in the UK cause of how small some gardens are, so we're usually left to halls etc.
          Why don't u do it in your house n make different time for man n woman. Like my friends wedding, after akad until mid day is for men n at 6-10 pm for women. One place for everything.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Small Wedding suggestions

            Originally posted by Umm.eesa View Post
            Why don't u do it in your house n make different time for man n woman. Like my friends wedding, after akad until mid day is for men n at 6-10 pm for women. One place for everything.
            I could, but I want a proper 'wedding' in that it's unreasonable to ask family who will travel to attend some distance hours away to come at seoerate times. I'd rather have a segregated venue at the same time. Maybe a small regal room for the ladies and bride that's well decorated with a tent on the grounds of an estate. They usually cater for smaller number of peoples I think.
            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

            Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Small Wedding suggestions

              Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
              Thanks for the tips. Here where I live, the mosques don't really have those things and the only one I do know of isn't well decorated. So I was looking into small venues set maybe in a estate.

              Porchester hall in city of Westminster is very nice

              What's your budget for hall

              __________________________________________________ _____________________________



              please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                Also town halls are nice places to have a party

                __________________________________________________ _____________________________



                please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                  Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                  Porchester hall in city of Westminster is very nice

                  What's your budget for hall
                  I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                  Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                    Originally posted by Umm.eesa View Post
                    I will share my experience . I invited around 150 person(less than 100 invitation card) to my humble Walima. My house is in a compound. I already asked for permission from the developer to arrange a walima. So I set tent for woman n man and me as a bride, set the chair n a bit fancy thing in my house for women to see me. My husband sit in man tent. The budget overall not more than 10k sr. But I arranged that in Indonesia n everything was cheaper. And also the tent n catering owner is my mom's fren so we got fren's price. 10 k is including my wedding dressed(made) for around 1k sr n make up about 500sr.
                    10K in Indonesia is EXPENSIVE!!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                      As salaam alaykum
                      I would look at nicer community halls and hotels in the area which will easily accommodate for that amount of people.
                      You do need to pre plan as a lot of places are booked and you can then compare prices and able to make proper decision without rushing and furthering costs.

                      There are companies that will "dress" venues up to look nicer but again that is an added cost (but places like community halls are cheaper).

                      Do the rounds at local restaurants which do cater for wedding..find out prices and check you acutely like the type of food.

                      I was sad and had spreadsheet and folder for my wedding. I had a year to plan so I budgeted for every last thing.
                      Invitations
                      Food
                      Hall Hire
                      Hall Decorators
                      Make Up Artist/Henna Artist

                      I made a list of everything I could think of and look at how much these things would costs and set a budget.

                      There use to website called asian wedding directory. Try that
                      No Longer On UF

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                        Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
                        As salaam alaykum
                        I would look at nicer community halls and hotels in the area which will easily accommodate for that amount of people.
                        You do need to pre plan as a lot of places are booked and you can then compare prices and able to make proper decision without rushing and furthering costs.

                        There are companies that will "dress" venues up to look nicer but again that is an added cost (but places like community halls are cheaper).

                        Do the rounds at local restaurants which do cater for wedding..find out prices and check you acutely like the type of food.

                        I was sad and had spreadsheet and folder for my wedding. I had a year to plan so I budgeted for every last thing.
                        Invitations
                        Food
                        Hall Hire
                        Hall Decorators
                        Make Up Artist/Henna Artist

                        I made a list of everything I could think of and look at how much these things would costs and set a budget.

                        There use to website called asian wedding directory. Try that
                        If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost vs. your budget?

                        My sister has a friend who's family specialise in doing that venue decoration and might get a discount as a result. Again, i'm just gonna have to ask around and get costings and spreadsheet them I guess. The problem with some venues is the complete lack of segregation options available to you.
                        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                        Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                          It was no more 10k and that was max.
                          The reason I chose the venues I did was because they had separate hall for men and women. It was a community hall but i had person do it up. We were able to use our own caterer. My family is picky and there's a certain caterer who did our function
                          i would recommend using your contacts, they would be able to recommend others working in wedding industry
                          No Longer On UF

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                            Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
                            It was no more 10k and that was max.
                            The reason I chose the venues I did was because they had separate hall for men and women. It was a community hall but i had person do it up. We were able to use our own caterer. My family is picky and there's a certain caterer who did our function
                            i would recommend using your contacts, they would be able to recommend others working in wedding industry
                            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                            Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Small Wedding suggestions

                              Yep it was a typical wedding because I had to invite a gazillion people!
                              No Longer On UF

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Small Wedding suggestions



                                Does that 10k include everything
                                Food n venue
                                If you had a wedding n walima in one it is cheaper
                                Quite nikah in the home n then a joint party

                                __________________________________________________ _____________________________



                                please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X