Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Wedding suggestions

:salams:

I was wondering whether you fine people could help me with suggestions as to how I can conduct a wedding with around 50-100 people attending. Below are a few places I can't or won't utilise for my own reasons. Apart from these, can people think of any suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

Undesired Places

Home
    Mosque

Now, if i'm honest, I want to have a nice formal wedding affair like traditional segregated desi weddings so somwthing that can achieve that would be nice. Jazakallah khair.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Re: Small Wedding suggestions

:wswrwb:

My friend had her wedding in a restaurant. Women upstairs, men downstairs.
    The food was da bomb.

Comment

Which country? I believe there are wedding halls for these kind of events.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post

My friend had her wedding in a restaurant. Women upstairs, men downstairs.
        The food was da bomb.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Banquet hall
          restaurant
          set up a tent or marquee
          Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
            which country? I believe there are wedding halls for these kind of events.
            uk

Comment

If it was in the summer and your garden was a decent size, I'd say have a marquee type thing in your garden.

Alternatively there are small halls i.e school sports halls you can hire out at a fairly cheap price - I've known people to do that, it depends on your budget as well.
              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
              As You have sanctified Your house,
              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
              In which permission of entry
              Is only granted to a few,
              Please Allah, allow my heart
              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                uk
                I was going to suggest a beach wedding but I don't think you can have that over there in this weather.

Comment

Are you due to get married akhi?

In shaa Allah Khair, but if you are then Id encourage more posters to respond.

If not, please akhi, quit with the repetitive threads about expenses in marriage, weddings, mahr etc. I feel like ur threads are always centred around these topics, and honestly, the specificity of this question would indicate that either ur in this current predicament or that your stressing about a futuristic problem.

Wa JazahkhAllahu Khair.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

If not, please akhi, quit with the repetitive threads about expenses in marriage, weddings, mahr etc. I feel like ur threads are always centred around these topics, and honestly, the specificity of this question would indicate that either ur in this current predicament or that your stressing about a futuristic problem.

Wa JazahkhAllahu Khair.
                    Futuristic problem will be a present problem if not taken care of...

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post

If it was in the summer and your garden was a decent size, I'd say have a marquee type thing in your garden.

Alternatively there are small halls i.e school sports halls you can hire out at a fairly cheap price - I've known people to do that, it depends on your budget as well.
                      I was going to suggest a beach wedding but I don't think you can have that over there in this weather.
                      Lol, my bro said he wants a beach weddings. Tssk. Naive minds and that lol

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

Wa JazahkhAllahu Khair.
                      Why the hate sis?

I'm wanting to Insha'Allah get married this year if possible and I want to plan things out in advance. I'm from a single parents family and everything went to crap with relatives, so yeah, I worry about how the heck i'll be arranging a wedding amongst a situation like mine. I'm sorry if I seem to ask specific questions less than a week or month of a 'confirmed' and it annoys me if people think that's me being a 'girl'. Like I said, i'm not the only one who will be affected. So will my sisters and brothers who are younger.

I ask because I NEED to know, rather than the immediacy of the situation. Aftwr all, this is a forum and I bet other people could benefit from this advice too.

Comment

Originally posted by toska View Post
                        Futuristic problem will be a present problem if not taken care of...
                        Somebody that gets it. Thank you!

Comment

What's naive about a beach wedding?

Anyway, nothing wrong with asking. Preplanning is always a good thing.

Comment

To be specific there are mosques such as Al manaar in Ladbroke grove which have beautiful rooms
                            Set apart from the mosque itself

And they are beautifully decorated

Also some community halls are quite attractive

Chrcj out the local authority pages of your borough

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

What's naive about a beach wedding?

Anyway, nothing wrong with asking. Preplanning is always a good thing.
                              Well, for start the fact in the UK we live away from the desirable beaches. Blackpool and Brighton beach don't count @)

Plus, asking guests to get there, endure the expenses sometimes if your holding it abroad is too much.

Jazakllah khair for seeing why I asked. If I lived in a typical Pakistani family, this wouldn't have been an issue. Venue and guests arrangments are practically a non-Issue as parents invite everybody they know etc. and foods catered for by the large firms they know. Basically, everythings sorted. However I'm now on my own and have to act as a wali where possible for my sisters, act as an elder for brothers where possible and i'm left to plan everything for my own future.

No offence to the sister who asked me why i'm worrying etc. when not due to marry anybody just yet, but only a male in my situation will typically 'get it' as to the gravity of my situation and the stress it can cause thinking on it. So I like to ask suggestions so I can get rid of the doubt for tue future and be prepared. Better that than you be an unprepared fool imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X