Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query for mods re contraception

ASWRWWB

I wanted to ask the mods if it would be ok to do a topic on the issue of contraception and the Islamic understanding but wasn't sure if you would think it was too sensitive or lacks ''hayaa'' etc

I noticed people put in posts on threads around marriage about certain methods which I understand to be not allowed, hence why I felt maybe there is a need

I personally don't think these kind of topics should be restricted as Islamically I don't think many topics are as long as certain etiquettes are obeyed and it sure beats the same old same old feminism or sect bashing, but appreciate people don't obey and it may not be what you guys (mods) deem appropriate

So please either delete this if not appropriate or give a green light and people can add what they may feel is appropriate,

JZKH

Re: Query for mods re contraception

no I think we should be allowed to talk about this. It's the 21st century and we Muslims should know what's right and what is wrong.
    Are contraceptives allowed in Islam? I've always wondered that but kept forgetting to find out the answer lol
    What about condoms?
    Do Muslims in the third world countries even know how to use them?

Comment

:salams:

Brother, you? of all the people?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't do it, have you seen the kids on here? This will only further create inappropriate comments. Some of them are not in a position to get married, they are only fantasising about it.

People should read about marriage when they are seriously considering it.

Maybe talk about it in the anon section, that gets heavily monitored?
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I have request though, if there is something that should be raised it should be about in-laws!

I want to make a thread about this, you're a father yourself. I just need some advice on how to deal with living with in-laws. It's doing my head in. And no, none of them want to move out, because they can't afford to.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

This will be my only post until a mod has advised inshallah

My only purpose for raising this was due to some of the posts I read and advice given, which I don't accept is correct islamically (I obviously could be wrong too but as I know it)

To enjoin good and forbid evil is a command for us and that was what I wanted to do without making it difficult for mods

topics like this were discussed by the sahabah ra and even Faatima ra bought ''sensitive'' issues to the Prophet saw regarding ali ra. It was in the answering that we derive the ettiquettes but acknowledge that in Islam there is no such thing as an untouchable topic. Our Nabi saw taught us how to clean our backsides. Sure the way of the world we would have gigglers and immaturity but it shouldn't prevent us from trying to educate ourselves

Comment

I've read that it's allowed but there's no point because whatever life Allah wills into the world will exist

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
              ASWRWWB

I wanted to ask the mods if it would be ok to do a topic on the issue of contraception and the Islamic understanding but wasn't sure if you would think it was too sensitive or lacks ''hayaa'' etc

I noticed people put in posts on threads around marriage about certain methods which I understand to be not allowed, hence why I felt maybe there is a need

I personally don't think these kind of topics should be restricted as Islamically I don't think many topics are as long as certain etiquettes are obeyed and it sure beats the same old same old feminism or sect bashing, but appreciate people don't obey and it may not be what you guys (mods) deem appropriate

So please either delete this if not appropriate or give a green light and people can add what they may feel is appropriate,

JZKH
              Why you don't go to a fatwa site.... It's useless discussion in this forum. You can ask for advice or opinions here, but asking fatwas about anything is just chaotic.

Comment

There are many people who need to know about this topic and there is literature out there. For mods to say "It lacks hayaa" on a forum dedicated to discussing marital issues and queries, it would be most unusual. ESPECIALLY if nothing vulgar is mentioned.

The haram methods are those such as Vasectomies and what females have that essentially seek to stop any childbirth occuring. Halal methods are pretty much down to a handful and the modern one everybody knows about imo.

This is only useful imo to couples who wish to start a family sometime after marriage rather than immediately and still engage in their rights to intimacy with a spouse.
                I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                  There are many people who need to know about this topic and there is literature out there. For mods to say "It lacks hayaa" on a forum dedicated to discussing marital issues and queries, it would be most unusual. ESPECIALLY if nothing vulgar is mentioned.

The haram methods are those such as Vasectomies and what females have that essentially seek to stop any childbirth occuring. Halal methods are pretty much down to a handful and the modern one everybody knows about imo.

This is only useful imo to couples who wish to start a family sometime after marriage rather than immediately and still engage in their rights to intimacy with a spouse.
                  I know I said I would only respond after a mod said ok. But I felt what you raised I what I was trying to address with this thread and not what a poster above said, ie I wasn't searching for a fatwa. If anything I wanted to let people know some of what they were advocating was maybe haram. So types if you like

The pill for example is haram and to put it very basically its what it does which would be tantamount to abortion (now I know the specifics in some cases so please don't cut and paste I am just trying to make a general and basic point)

Comment

I know I said I would only respond after a mod said ok. But I felt what you raised I what I was trying to address with this thread and not what a poster above said, ie I wasn't searching for a fatwa. If anything I wanted to let people know some of what they were advocating was maybe haram. So types if you like

The pill for example is haram and to put it very basically its what it does which would be tantamount to abortion (now I know the specifics in some cases so please don't cut and paste I am just trying to make a general and basic point)
                    Yeah, the pill etc. are all deemed haram as the pill particularly and certain forms of kuffar contraception damage the body in its ability to reproduce much how abortion reduces the chance women will have healthy babies when they choose to have children. It's quite sad how these haram methods are prominently 'marketed' as being 'ok' amongst non-Muslims with nary a mention of long term consequences emphasised at ALL.

I think you might need to open up a thread in Helpdesk section and see who responds. You can then collate information from fatwa sites etc. if they're fine with it.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Do you mean the pill or 'the morning after pill'/'plan b'?

Comment

The regular pill doesn't cause an abortion or death. It tricks the body into thinking its already pregnant, that is all. Maybe ypu mean Plan B?
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Even the regular pill allows an egg to be fertilised but thins the womb to not allow the now fertilised egg to implant and grow

I know its a controversial topic but the pill is see as an Abortifacient based on the above. The ulema I have spoken to in my own research have agreed with this and said its not allowed

Again this isn't a fatwa, it is what I believe and am happy to listen. But not cut and pastes from yahoo or whatever. the science behind it isn't necessarily straight forward for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by _Ruby_ View Post
                            Do you mean the pill or 'the morning after pill'/'plan b'?
                            Both would be deemed haram if my suscpicions are correct. Basically, there are a handful of legitimate halal contraceptive methods.

Comment

It's good.

Good intiative akhi.
                              And it should be stickied to, save people making endless threads about it over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X