Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to approach a guy in public or on the streets

Aslaam Alaikum

so say i see a guy in a shopping centre and im alone. is it okay for me to go up to him and ask if he is in interested in marriage etc and then give him my parents number so i can get to know him.

if that is not a good way to approach him then what is.
    Okay :)

Re: Is it okay to approach a guy in public or on the streets

That.........just sounds........weird....

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
      That.........just sounds........weird....
      but ive heard guys do that

so how would a girl ask then
      Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ria View Post
        Aslaam Alaikum

so say i see a guy in a shopping centre and im alone. is it okay for me to go up to him and ask if he is in interested in marriage etc and then give him my parents number so i can get to know him.

I wouldn't do it personally, but you sure have guts girl if you do..lol I don't look at them let alone approach them. :up:
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Ria View Post
          Aslaam Alaikum

Culturally it will be frowned on, BUT I told some brothers previously, that if there was a woman you saw and would never see again, that would be your one and only chance at ever probably being considered. So go up to her and respectfully ask. If rebuked, simply go away. If harshly rebuked, then back away without insult.

Don't ask, you don't know. Applies to both genders.
          I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

:wswrwb:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Um how am I supposed to know, I'm a guy.
              And I've never heard of a guy doing that.
              Hmmm I just imagined a girl doing that to me, I don't know how I feel about that.

Comment

Depends like, say im at spice hut, eating a chicken, i dont want a girl coming proposing to me at that particular time. Manz wants to soak in that "moment".
                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Is it okay to approach a guy in public or on the streets

What would bros say to that?

I wonder...
                  The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                    What would bros say to that?

I wonder...
                    This is how I'd react

Comment

Plot twist- If a guy approaches a girl and expresses the intention to marry or ask for number, she would surely come here and complain about a loner/desperado/pervert/retarded etc.

Or more precisely, "I saw a guy(bearded perhaps) staring at a girl and then going up to her and asking her out, how evil the guy is".... or "Man going up to a sister: Is it perversion ?" sort of threads... Don't tell me its hypothetical threads lol

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
                        Um how am I supposed to know, I'm a guy.
                        And I've never heard of a guy doing that.
                        Hmmm I just imagined a girl doing that to me, I don't know how I feel about that.
                        Depends on the woman ofc. Just as a woman's reaction depends on who the man is.

Comment

Is it okay to approach a guy in public or on the streets

Erm, that just sounds really awkward to be honest...
                          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Yes, women should also be proposing to men through halal methods, but confronting a random stranger of the opposite gender is not a good idea. Especially girls approaching guys in some societies. I don't expect brothers to do that to random sisters, as well. Hopefully, people use some common sense and better judgment...
                            Last edited by starrynight11; 25-12-14, 08:49 PM.
                            Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
                            "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post

Yes, women should also be proposing to men through halal methods, but confronting a random stranger of the opposite gender is not a good idea. Especially girls approaching guys. I don't expect brothers to do that to random sisters, as well. Hopefully, people use some common sense and better judgment...
                              This^ except I didn't know how to word it :embar:
                              :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Working...
                              X