Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions regard to ahl-e-kitaab marriage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regard to ahl-e-kitaab marriage ?

Salam

Simple questions, just looking for simple answers, not complicated debates or judgements.

1. Does a Muslim Man need to obtain permission of Wali of a Christian/Jewish woman in order to do nikah with her? or is this only for Muslim women ?

2. Does she have to abide by OUR Shariah (Quran + Sunnah) after marriage ? For example does she have to cover up when she leaves the house,
    or is that only for a Free Muslim woman ?

Re: Questions regard to ahl-e-kitaab marriage ?

Originally posted by khavar View Post
    Salam

Simple questions, just looking for simple answers, not complicated debates or judgements.

1. Does a Muslim Man need to obtain permission of Wali of a Christian/Jewish woman in order to do nikah with her? or is this only for Muslim women ?

2. Does she have to abide by OUR Shariah (Quran + Sunnah) after marriage ? For example does she have to cover up when she leaves the house,
    Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

1. Two opinions are there on this matter - according to Hanafi madhab the marriage is valid and it is recommended to have a wali. The second opinion is that no marriage is not valid and wali is a must whether its a muslim or non muslim women.

2. This will be the duty of the husband to make her understand and obey on the Islamic teachings. The husband needs to be strong enough in Deen that he can satisfy her with all the questions and queries she raises. If she does not cover herself properly and freely mixes with strangers than the sin would be on the husband.

Also note that marrying someone from the Ahl e Kitaab does not mean that they remain Christian or Jew for the rest of their lives. The main objective is to introduce them to Islam and make them accustomed with it so that accepting the truth becomes easier and they accept Islam.

If you still have queries or questions - please ask Darul Ilm on this forum. AlhamduLillah he is a scholar and can give you much better advise, insight and knowledge on this matter.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
    "The only one who will not break ur heart is the one who made it"

FriEND..BestfriEND..GirlfriEND..BoyfriEND..Everyth ing comes to an END... Except Allah ﷻ strengthen your love for the One who created your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by talibeilm100 View Post
      Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

1. Two opinions are there on this matter - according to Hanafi madhab the marriage is valid and it is recommended to have a wali. The second opinion is that no marriage is not valid and wali is a must whether its a muslim or non muslim women.

2. This will be the duty of the husband to make her understand and obey on the Islamic teachings. The husband needs to be strong enough in Deen that he can satisfy her with all the questions and queries she raises. If she does not cover herself properly and freely mixes with strangers than the sin would be on the husband.

Also note that marrying someone from the Ahl e Kitaab does not mean that they remain Christian or Jew for the rest of their lives. The main objective is to introduce them to Islam and make them accustomed with it so that accepting the truth becomes easier and they accept Islam.

If you still have queries or questions - please ask Darul Ilm on this forum. AlhamduLillah he is a scholar and can give you much better advise, insight and knowledge on this matter.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
      Jazakallah khayr

Comment

Salam

Brother , if she abide by Quran and shariah , she becomes a Muslim .

As far as I know that you cannot force her , yes you may advice her on this.

But if you are so bothered , why you married her in first place ? You knew she was not a Muslim. Moreover you could have discussed this matter with her before marriage itself .
        Instead of trying to force after marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
          Brother , if she abide by Quran and shariah , she becomes a Muslim .

As far as I know that you cannot force her , yes you may advice her on this.

But if you are so bothered , why you married her in first place ? You knew she was not a Muslim. Moreover you could have discussed this matter with her before marriage itself .
          Instead of trying to force after marriage.

I have not married yet but because of my circumstances i am not able to marry a Muslim woman so i have to settle for next best thing, either that or the only other option is zina.

Comment

I have not married yet but because of my circumstances i am not able to marry a Muslim woman so i have to settle for next best thing, either that or the only other option is zina.
            If you have knowledge there's no reason you cannot help a POB wife revert.
            "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Zina?!
              brother that should never be an option!
              Through fire and water… From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth… Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side… Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time… The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth… But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

I was not talking about you , it was general answer.

Whom you will marry is your personal choice, I cannot comment on that. I have seen Muslims getting married to hindus , and they staying like that.

I was answering in light of shariah. If a women starts following Quran and shariah , then she is a Muslim . Is it not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                  I was not talking about you , it was general answer.

Whom you will marry is your personal choice, I cannot comment on that. I have seen Muslims getting married to hindus , and they staying like that.

I was answering in light of shariah. If a women starts following Quran and shariah , then she is a Muslim . Is it not ?
                  Not sure i understand your question, a non-muslim like a Hindu who abides by Quran and Sunnah teachings is still a Hindu until she takes Shahadah and accept Kalima.

If she stops drinking alcohol, eating pork, and starts wearing Hijab but still believes in 1000+ gods alongside Allah (swt) then she is still a kafira, despite being culturally close
                  to Muslims.

Comment

Not sure i understand your question, a non-muslim like a Hindu who abides by Quran and Sunnah teachings is still a Hindu until she takes Shahadah and accept Kalima.

If she stops drinking alcohol, eating pork, and starts wearing Hijab but still believes in 1000+ gods alongside Allah (swt) then she is still a kafira, despite being culturally close
                    to Muslims.

Brother what does following Quran and sunnah mean ? If anyone starts following them , they will become Muslims, because Quran speaks about One God .

Comment

1. Most Christians and Jews in current times only subscribe to the respective by name, i.e the true following Christians and Jews are to cover up modestly & not consume pork within their law and many other things that a lot of current "People of the Book" do, so you may have to learn about what their law forbids them from doing.

2. Zina as an option?. Sexual gratification is not a human necessary like food and water in the case of food if you have no choice you can consume normally harm produce to avoid death by starvation but the situation is not the same for Sexual gratification. So as for Zina avoid it, but then again like everything in life you are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X