Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things you wish you'd done before marriage

:salams

What do you wish you'd done before marriage (this could be both islamicaly and worldly things) ..for example do you wish you'd learnt about something in particular? Memorised more qurann? Spent more time with family?

Just curious as I'd like to learn from others.
    Patience...

Re: things you wish you'd done before marriage

to see the world
    Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 20-12-14, 07:06 PM.
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
      :salams

What do you wish you'd done before marriage (this could be both islamicaly and worldly things) ..for example do you wish you'd learnt about something in particular? Memorised more qurann? Spent more time with family?

Just curious as I'd like to learn from others.
      Not really to be honest. I always wanted to travel, and have actually seen more of the world since marrying and having children. Most of the time all of them in tow, other times solo on business or with friends. Have had some flashy cars since getting married cos I was older and so could afford the insurance. Not sure if that's helpful?

Comment

Finish my degree
        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Spent money on good things in life. Before marriage I saved saved saved because I didn't know who I was going to get married to & what my financial condition will be. So I stayed away from nicer things in life. Now after marriage, although I still get to keep my earning, I feel bad buying expensive because its not part of my habit.

Estabilished good habits! I was always trying to be better person (my productive, regular quran study, regular fasting, workout, study..etc). I never established a habit. After marriage many of those fell thru the crack easily. Had they been part of my life I would have kept at it. Workout went first and I gained 10lb :(

Experimented with cooking more. I tried few safe dish & knew how to make them. But experimenting would have been fun. Now at inlaws I am afraid to experiment in fear of it turning bad & being judged.

Comment

And how are these things not doable after marriage?

I would include that in the title as well...
            Believe
            there is
            good in the world

Comment

I wish I got married before I got married. I think 14 years old woulda been good.
              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                I wish I got married before I got married. I think 14 years old woulda been good.
                If you live in the west that would not be possible
                Okay :)

Comment

wish i had saved up more money so i wouldn't be struggling like i have been these many years.
                  لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Only one thing- I wish I'd dyed my hair purple before marriage.
                    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
                      wish i had saved up more money so i wouldn't be struggling like i have been these many years.
                      May Allah swt ease your situation and increase your rizq and place barakah in it
                      Patience...

Comment

Edited
                        Last edited by firestar101; 23-12-14, 10:32 PM.
                        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                          Responsibilities like that at 14? Isn't that a bit much?

Comment

I wan't to buy a Lamborghini Aventador and be rich/successful before I get married. I'm not eager to get married anyways so I want to do everything I can before I get married.

Comment

learn cooking ( i hv learnt a lot .... some dishes r left)
                              be expert in stiching.'
                              lose weight and belly fat.( lost weight bt not much)

improve my ikhlaq. patience. personality( i hv done much of it)

and learn to grow plants

complete my qaza rozay
                              and nawafil ( mannat)

Comment

Working...
                              X