one more question for married sisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more question for married sisters

What are some ways you would dress up for your husband when you're at home? What if you and your husband are living in your(the wife's) home, won't it be a habit of hers to continue wearing the same clothes she used to wear at home before marriage? E.g: loose fitted t-shirts and baggy pants. What about make up, hair etc?

Husbands tend to complain that their wives stop maintaining themselves after marriage. Surely they don't expect us to be all decked out like a bride everyday And when we do dress up when heading out, where's the damn compliments?

how u people dress up

Re: one more question for married sisters

i made the exact thread and somehow it was closed because it was inappropriate.
    Nonetheless , try to look appealing to your husband , do different hairstyles.
    basically try to attract him everyday by looking appealing to him. after all he is your husband therefore you should only appeal to him only
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by winterfever View Post
      What are some ways you would dress up for your husband when you're at home? What if you and your husband are living in your(the wife's) home, won't it be a habit of hers to continue wearing the same clothes she used to wear at home before marriage? E.g: loose fitted t-shirts and baggy pants. What about make up, hair etc?

Husbands tend to complain that their wives stop maintaining themselves after marriage. Surely they don't expect us to be all decked out like a bride everyday And when we do dress up when heading out, where's the damn compliments?

how u people dress up
      Do they?

Sorry my bad...I'm out.

Comment

are you complaining or looking for suggestions?

different people like different things & people adjust based on needs. For example, my mother believes every female should always adorn herself with jewelry, assuming she can afford it. No she isn't taking about big chunky bridal bling but a simple chain necklace, simple stud earring, something on wrist that's it. Nothing crazy or too demanding but it is a change/adjustment for a girl who is used to bare neck/ear/wrist. with husband its similar. Some guys want their wife to have fresh/clean face so she might apply foundation & get facial but he doesn't expect her to wear face food makeup. Other guys are into nice hair so she might blowdry hair few times week & get hair cut on time. Other guys are into nice dress so she might throw away her old rags & buy new clothes.

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum.

Human beings like change. So dont be the same all week. That means dolled up sometimes and neat on others.
          The element of suprise is good. Hope that helps insha Allah.

Comment

A question akin to this was posed to me in a Q&A before.

I think it is important to realize that if you are not married, you won't know the answer to this question.

However, brothers who's fitrah is not corrupted tend not to care as much, as long as it is appealing. Moreover, some of the brothers I know have a distaste for clothing associated with lewdness, because they feel some types of clothing is too closely associated with kufr lifestyle.

These are things some do not realize and I thought it was important to mention.
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

I dont think it's the sisters fault, as guys we get bored and our excitement decreases. That doesn't mean we stop loving our wives, it just means we become harder to appeal if we see the same thing constantly.
              unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

I didn't get the part when you said
                when we do dress up when heading out, where's the damn compliments?
                First of all I am not married so I am not sure if my advice on 'dressing up' is valid. Feel free to take that part with a grain of salt. :o

If you do dress up when you go out then maybe that's why it feels like a task when you are staying in. You should dress down, and look plain if you do not wear niqaab because wearing makeup or dressing up and wearing perfume is impermissible when leaving your house.

With regards to dressing up at home.

I guess it depends on what you like, what your husband likes, and finding a middle ground.

Men don't like super bright lipstick, fake lashes, foundation, and all of that mess. At least I think they don't.

If you have clear skin you can just put on some mascara, eyeliner, and lip stain. And you should wear something nice but also practical if you are going to be doing chores. You don't have to look like a hot mess just coz you are staying in.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	onesie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	10753885 Zebra onesie anyone? ;-)

Comment

On a serious note, if you marry someone who likes you without makeup, it's more than likely that you won't have to wear all that make up on your face for him to appreciate you. As in, he won't be disgusted by seeing you without makeup. Natural is the way to go in my opinion. But no harm wearing some makeup if that's what you/he wants.

Oh yeah, make sure to not wear any makeup during your marriage meeting. Then you know he is for real.
                    Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 17-12-14, 06:16 PM.

Comment

how u people dress up
                      Usually a dress. Perfume. Quick blow dried hair. And if I haven't had the time to shower. It's a once over with dry shampoo.

And occasionally, maybe eyeliner or blush depending on time/mood/effort etc

I guess, it's the 'feminine/girly' look.

As a poster above mentioned. It usually depends on the guy.

I can understand making more/less of an effort depending on whether it he appreciates/notices or not.
                      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

You don't have to be decked up as a bride everyday. You just need to dress neatly(i.e not remain in pajamas or something similar throughout the day), stay clean, maintain good hygiene, brush your hair well, apply kohl in your eyes and smell good.

But, remember the best accessory a wife can wear for her husband to win his heart any time of the day is a lovely, radiant smile on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                          You don't have to be decked up as a bride everyday. You just need to dress neatly(i.e not remain in pajamas or something similar throughout the day), stay clean, maintain good hygiene, brush your hair well, apply kohl in your eyes and smell good.

But, remember the best accessory a wife can wear for her husband to win his heart any time of the day is a lovely, radiant smile on her face.
                          Or make him Biryani and wear what you want...either way works.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                            are you complaining or looking for suggestions?

different people like different things & people adjust based on needs. For example, my mother believes every female should always adorn herself with jewelry, assuming she can afford it. No she isn't taking about big chunky bridal bling but a simple chain necklace, simple stud earring, something on wrist that's it. Nothing crazy or too demanding but it is a change/adjustment for a girl who is used to bare neck/ear/wrist. with husband its similar. Some guys want their wife to have fresh/clean face so she might apply foundation & get facial but he doesn't expect her to wear face food makeup. Other guys are into nice hair so she might blowdry hair few times week & get hair cut on time. Other guys are into nice dress so she might throw away her old rags & buy new clothes.
                            i need suggestion

Comment

i need suggestion
                              ask your husband :o

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                              O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                              X