Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women and Marriage. Creating doubts in my mind.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and Marriage. Creating doubts in my mind.

Why is Islam so Insulting to women in Marriage and out of marriage?

Here the first pointer :

A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a dirt field.

Verse of the Quran to prove this.The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says:

Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like

Here is my second pointer of many:
    Man are a degree superior to women, meaning were slightly better I couldn't believe this:

The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status .

Re: Women and Marriage. Creating doubts in my mind.

Originally posted by Carnage77 View Post
    Why is Islam so Insulting to women in Marriage and out of marriage?

Here the first pointer :

A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a dirt field.

Verse of the Quran to prove this.The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says:

Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like

Here is my second pointer of many:
    Man are a degree superior to women, meaning were slightly better I couldn't believe this:

The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status .
    Carnage77 Islam is not insulting to women. The hadiths about the plow and dirtfield are just metaphors. And men aren't better than women, they are just in charge of us. Are you a muslim? Or atheist? Or another religion? :)
    Last edited by missmirah02; 08-12-14, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Wow(!)

Not sure if trolling, or just trolling. You used a translated version of traditional arabic which is your first problem. Everybody knows the verse when properly explained with a less rudimentary and crude translation and understanding means that you may have physical relations with your spouse in any way you as a couple find acceptable and pleasurable, but may not enter from 'behind'. I.e. The way homosexuals have ohysical relations.

Men and women are differentiated in religion yet also equal. They have specific roles and responsibilities. Allah didn't place Jannah under the feet of the father. It was the mothers. Prophet Mohammed (saw) didn't just say a mother was more important once or twice over the father, he said it three times.

Women are the jewels of our species. Precious and to be cared for. Men are merely the protectors.

Clearly you have a range of learning to do in order to de-programme the stuff introduced into ypur head from wherever and to grasp the concept of how translations are never 100% accurate and different words can be used. There's also context which is everything.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Op.
        I pity u
        Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
          Carnage77 Islam is not insulting to women. The hadiths about the plow and dirtfield are just metaphors. And men aren't better than women, they are just in charge of us. Are you a muslim? Or atheist? Or another religion? :)
          I just want to clear something, I am a Muslim but have atheist friends

Comment

How much of an influence do these people have on your religious beliefs? Seems like quite a bit.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Ok, well Islam doesn't mean to insult women, sometimes you can read things and take them the wrong way but the purpose is not to insult us :)

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                Wow(!)

Not sure if trolling, or just trolling. You used a translated version of traditional arabic which is your first problem. Everybody knows the verse when properly explained with a less rudimentary and crude translation and understanding means that you may have physical relations with your spouse in any way you as a couple find acceptable and pleasurable, but may not enter from 'behind'. I.e. The way homosexuals have ohysical relations.

Men and women are differentiated in religion yet also equal. They have specific roles and responsibilities. Allah didn't place Jannah under the feet of the father. It was the mothers. Prophet Mohammed (saw) didn't just say a mother was more important once or twice over the father, he said it three times.

Women are the jewels of our species. Precious and to be cared for. Men are merely the protectors.

Clearly you have a range of learning to do in order to de-programme the stuff introduced into ypur head from wherever and to grasp the concept of how translations are never 100% accurate and different words can be used. There's also context which is everything.
                It's not just translations there many things which seem to make women seem inferior, Less inheritance and a woman's testimonial counts half of a mans.

I agree women are the jewels of our species/
                Last edited by Carnage77; 08-12-14, 03:18 PM.

Comment

It's not just translations there many things which seem to make women seem inferior, Less inheritance and a woman's testimonial counts half of a mans.
                  Less inheritance is because women don't have to provide for family, but men do so they need more money to take care of everyone, and I'm not sure why a woman's testimony is half of a mans

Comment

dont worry people , its proly just asma again.

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
                      Less inheritance is because women don't have to provide for family, but men do so they need more money to take care of everyone, and I'm not sure why a woman's testimony is half of a mans
                      It says that in Shariah

Comment

It says that in Shariah
                        I know it says that, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it though maybe look it up on Islamqa? :)

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                          Op.
                          I pity u
                          No need to pity me. If you haven't got anything helpful to say then please stay away from my thread.

Comment

I agree women are the jewels of our species/
                            See that's your problem right there. Your assuming things and you should know what they saying assuming things can do to you.

There is a clear answer for most things if you bother to search for it. The sister already said why women aren't due the dame inheritence as males. Women when they marry aren't obligated to provide; men are. If a woman takes the inheritence her brother would use to support his own family when she supports nobody financially, then that makes things more difficult for him unecessarily.

I could also turn around and say "Hey, look, Islam is sexist because a woman doesn't have to share money she earns and contribute towards the family costs" yet I don't do that because I know the man is the provider and any money a wife earns is hers to do with as she wishes.

Again, you simply need to.understsnd there is a wisdom behind everything even if you do not understsnd it and Allah sees and knows all. Everything is recorded and if you 'escape justice' as some would say, your not going to in the next

I suggest you do some deep thinking and proper reading to gain a better understanding of the role of men and women in Islam. Of course some groups naturally seem to make one superior and another inferior, so you have to avoid such drivel when its not in line with proper agreed upon concensus by the majority of Sunni scholars from the time of the Prophet Mohammed (saw) himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                              See that's your problem right there. Your assuming things and you should know what they saying assuming things can do to you.

There is a clear answer for most things if you bother to search for it. The sister already said why women aren't due the dame inheritence as males. Women when they marry aren't obligated to provide; men are. If a woman takes the inheritence her brother would use to support his own family when she supports nobody financially, then that makes things more difficult for him unecessarily.

I could also turn around and say "Hey, look, Islam is sexist because a woman doesn't have to share money she earns and contribute towards the family costs" yet I don't do that because I know the man is the provider and any money a wife earns is hers to do with as she wishes.

Again, you simply need to.understsnd there is a wisdom behind everything even if you do not understsnd it and Allah sees and knows all. Everything is recorded and if you 'escape justice' as some would say, your not going to in the next

I suggest you do some deep thinking and proper reading to gain a better understanding of the role of men and women in Islam. Of course some groups naturally seem to make one superior and another inferior, so you have to avoid such drivel when its not in line with proper agreed upon concensus by the majority of Sunni scholars from the time of the Prophet Mohammed (saw) himself.

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Moderators please close thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X