X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engagement in Islam

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
    Is she from the same country?
    yes but she was born here and i wasn't. i've lived half my life here though so we're pretty similar.

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
      yes but she was born here and i wasn't. i've lived half my life here though so we're pretty similar.
      That's sweet :)

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
        That's sweet :)
        i was gonna make a thread about how i feel about marrying women in west because they get bashed here often because they're too modern, or will leave u, independent etc. but i told my mum she must be from here and i saw we connected right away because of that. we were really similar in personality and got each other jokes so felt comfortable. i wouldnt have felt that way if she was across the ocean thousands of miles away.

Comment

Congrats! :)

Comment

Ameen to all the duas

IN sha Allah we will be eating Ummah forum mitai soon
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
              salam everyone : )

is there engagement in islam? to my knowledge, engagement is just giving your word to the other family and saying you promise to marry her. i dont know if we follow the western custom where there is exchange of rings or what not. there is probably some exchange of gifts or something. what do u guys think?
              :wswrwb:

Mabrook! :)

Yes, I've heard something similar to that.

(It was also Sunnah to keep the engagement private and make the wedding announcement public.)

:jkk:
              Last edited by starrynight11; 08-12-14, 01:08 AM.
              Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
              "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Mabrook. May Allah SWT give you a loving and blessed marriage.

Comment

Working...
                X