Question for brothers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for brothers

How do you know if you genuinely like a person and its not just your physical desires.
    unconditional love for all of mankind.

Re: Question for brothers

A person? You mean females only right?

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
      A person? You mean females only right?
      Well if you're into guys, its best you keep it to yourself
      unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

:salams:

Sorry for peeking into this thread... Just wanted to share something that I've heard, :insha:

You know you genuinely like someone when you make du'a for them more than you make du'a for yourself.
        Last edited by starrynight11; 04-12-14, 01:51 AM.
        Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
        "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by shann View Post
          Naw, I was just curious about your post. Why didn't you just write girl or woman? I don't think there is anybody gay here.

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
            :salams:

Sorry for peeking into this thread. But I think the same question can be applied for sisters, :insha:

You know you genuinely like someone when you make du'a for them more than you make du'a for yourself.
            That ^
            If you don't care about getting in her pants and but just about her well being then you genuinely like that person.

Comment

You will just know. I feel that way currently. It is the feeling that you know you want to spend your life with them and want them by your side in the good times and bad times.
              Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
              ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                You will just know. I feel that way currently. It is the feeling that you know you want to spend your life with them and want them by your side in the good times and bad times.
                Have you been in love or something?

Comment

Originally posted by shann View Post
                  :rofl1:

Comment

easy - imagine the girl is really fat and now question whether you still have feelings for her or not.

Comment

Honestly, I think IF you?ve met a person, done istikhara and all signs are positive and a date has been set, you genuinely like this person.

If you are on about a person you've not met and had a real chance to speak with and understand what they're like and whether you are even compatible but are solely relying on your own mental image of a 'perfect married life together' type scenario. It's likely just infatuation.
                      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                        easy - imagine the girl is really fat and now question whether you still have feelings for her or not.
                        That's just a completely wrong way to evaluate things. We're usually attracted to slim people and if they got fat and we're not already married and emotionally attached, the attraction that only relied on physical stuff rather than including personality etc. dies a little.

How many spouses would leave their other half if they got fat? Not many at all. That's cause they know and love the person aftwr getting to.know them.

Attraction at the beginning when choosing spouses relies heavily on physical attributes regardless of how many wish to admit this truth.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                          That's just a completely wrong way to evaluate things. We're usually attracted to slim people and if they got fat and we're not already married and emotionally attached, the attraction that only relied on physical stuff rather than including personality etc. dies a little.

How many spouses would leave their other half if they got fat? Not many at all. That's cause they know and love the person aftwr getting to.know them.

Attraction at the beginning when choosing spouses relies heavily on physical attributes regardless of how many wish to admit this truth.
                          so why is it wrong what i said? brother wanted to know whether what he was feeling was physical or not and i set him the fat test. he isn't married to her yet, just testing your own theory brah.

Comment

Would you be with her if, God forbid, some accident occurs and she loses her beauty?
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                              so why is it wrong what i said? brother wanted to know whether what he was feeling was physical or not and i set him the fat test. he isn't married to her yet, just testing your own theory brah.
                              Because 'fat test' is too one sided. Imagine she was slim when he liked her, had a meeting but then she got fat. He might still like her because tyey met and she can obviously lose weight. If he hasn't met her and only relies on physical looks, then he may not.

It's why meeting a potentisl is so important, because it shows their personality and then you have a good idea on the person beyond the hysical. Like sisters have said, a great personality and sense of humour won them around. Can't see those just by looking at somebody.

Comment

Working...
                              X