Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are virginity tests islamic? (Warning slightly graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are virginity tests islamic? (Warning slightly graphic)

Originally posted by Umm_Tamiyyah View Post
    Just because you love them does not mean you cannot guide them or correct them if something is wrong. Particularly if something is unIslamic. I don't know for certain whether this is the case or not, but but I will be blunt, the idea of parents waiting eagerly on the phone to wait and see if their daughter bleeds from her genitals on the night of the wedding is macabre and bizarre. It kind of signifies that: a. They have doubts about the daughter's integrity and b. Their love for their daughter is tied mostly to this.

And again, some girls are born without hymens and sometimes they can become damaged from regular activities. Will your parents still love you if you don't bleed on your wedding night (I have no doubt that it would be due to innocent reasons btw)? Or will they shun you? And maybe your parents are good ones and will not - but imagine many others following their traditions that will shun and condemn a girl for reasons that are entirely not her fault.
    They did not wait until she called and said I bled mum jump in joy... She said all went well and we get what that means.. So that gave my parents comfort. Who are we to correct our parents? That would be an insult to them. They meant well and I can understand their mentality not saying I would follow their ways but I can not judge them at all. I have heard of worst situations where parents must see a white cloth with blood on it on that night and that's extreme to my view.
    People have tradition and different back grounds of which we might disagree or dislike but that doesn't give us the right to question them only we learn from their mistakes and be better adults inshallah. My dad is really old and this tradition is normal to him so who am I to judge?
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

I really hope this thread has run it's course and can be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
        They did not wait until she called and said I bled mum jump in joy... She said all went well and we get what that means.. So that gave my parents comfort. Who are we to correct our parents? That would be an insult to them. They meant well and I can understand their mentality not saying I would follow their ways but I can not judge them at all. I have heard of worst situations where parents must see a white cloth with blood on it on that night and that's extreme to my view.
        People have tradition and different back grounds of which we might disagree or dislike but that doesn't give us the right to question them only we learn from their mistakes and be better adults inshallah. My dad is really old and this tradition is normal to him so who am I to judge?
        When it comes to traditions that are unIslamic - guiding parents with Haqq is one of the most beneficial things we can do. Obviously it should be in a kind and gentle way. As far as I am aware this matter does not definitely contradict Islamic rules, although I can think of two hadiths that may make it forbidden.... although obviously I am not qualified to rule on this matter:

“Among the most evil of people before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who comes to his wife and has intercourse with her, then he spreads her secrets.” (Narrated by Muslim, 4/157).

It was reported from Asmaa’ bint Yazeed that she was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and men and women were sitting with him, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Would any man say what he did with his wife? Would any woman tell others what she did with her husband?” The people kept quiet and did not answer. I [Asmaa’] said: “Yes, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah, they (women) do that, and they (men) do that.” He said, “Do not do that. It is like a male devil meeting a female devil in the road and having intercourse with her whilst the people are watching.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 1/339; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Adaab al-Zafaaf, p. 143).

Allahu a3lm

Btw what culture does this tradition come from?

Comment

Pukes!--Walks back out of the thread, slams the door!!!
          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Tamiyyah View Post
            When it comes to traditions that are unIslamic - guiding parents with Haqq is one of the most beneficial things we can do. Obviously it should be in a kind and gentle way. As far as I am aware this matter does not definitely contradict Islamic rules, although I can think of two hadiths that may make it forbidden.... although obviously I am not qualified to rule on this matter:

“Among the most evil of people before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who comes to his wife and has intercourse with her, then he spreads her secrets.” (Narrated by Muslim, 4/157).

It was reported from Asmaa’ bint Yazeed that she was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and men and women were sitting with him, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Would any man say what he did with his wife? Would any woman tell others what she did with her husband?” The people kept quiet and did not answer. I [Asmaa’] said: “Yes, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah, they (women) do that, and they (men) do that.” He said, “Do not do that. It is like a male devil meeting a female devil in the road and having intercourse with her whilst the people are watching.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 1/339; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Adaab al-Zafaaf, p. 143).

Allahu a3lm

Btw what culture does this tradition come from?
            Thank you sister...I appreciate the Hadith you provided... I am grateful.
            My dad is mixed with a few but considers him self Arab and is aged over 85 so his very old fashioned.. He won't accept any disapproval it's just the way his bought up. To him it would be disrespectful if I were to say no or question... So I just try to get along and show my respects.
            I don't agree with the virginity issue... That is personal and can be unfair but some traditions are still happening as we speak.. It's sad but true.
            Thanks again.x
            I love you, cherish you and worship you,
            Guide me on your path to your janna,
            Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Brother I'm still confused...now worried! My mum always told me a virgin bleeds the first time.. Sorry this is very private matter but it's important for me personally.
              Erm what does his experience have anything to do with it.. ? She will bleed naturally after marriage.
              If you read my reply to your thread sister, you will be enlightened. You have a misconception caused by ignoramus cultural stupidity (no offence to such people but they have to be corrected)

Comment

I'm 100% certain I'm a virgin...I have never been allowed on a bike or horse or any of what you mentioned.. I do excersise a lot though..I go jogging every morning.
                Lol about the fake blood idea.
                Yea my parents are very strict on that basis...in fact my whole family.. I remember when my sister got married...my parents waited for her to call and tell them if she bled or not..I found it disturbing and embarrassing And only then did my dad smile and feel proud.
                I am very worried now, truly can't sleep.
                Less information please. Not really appropriate.
                "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Yeah that's enough.

But in general, if it's not in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, then it has no basis and should not be done. Doesn't matter what parents think about the matter, sometimes parents have some mistaken ideas. Fact of life, respect your parents and treat them well, but know that not everyone who has ever begotten children has to be correct on all matters. And when it's clearly baseless, wrong and is making you disgusted or revolted, you have to start thinking of a solution as to how to not be a part of it.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                  X