Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are virginity tests islamic? (Warning slightly graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are virginity tests islamic? (Warning slightly graphic)

So me and my mama were talking today and she was telling me about back in the days in Somalia/Somaliland. FGM has always been commonplace in Somalia/Somaliland. That whole region basically. Anyway she said when the guy married the girl, if she was a virgin which was indicated by her being sown up and closed like a parcel, there would be cheers and stuff and gunshots would go off in rural areas because it showed she was a 'good girl.' Everyone would try to peak though the window and if there were no cheers and it was basically silent, that meant that basically she was open which led people to think she wasn't a virgin. Isn't virginity between Allah and the person? It doesn't happen anymore but I think virginity tests do take place in some Muslim countries for various reasons. I remember reading something about female Egyptian protesters being forced to undergo virginity tests or whatever. How barbaric.
    Last edited by HopefulOne; 27-11-14, 12:13 AM.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Are virginity tests islamic? (Warning slightly graphic)

Well the spouse is allowed to have a preference for whether they want to marry a virgin or non virgin so they shouldn't be deceived in that way, but what they do in those countries is very wrong imo

Comment

:-/ I don't think this is a suitable thread for a public forum.

As for the answer to your question, you'll have to ask someone knowledgable.
      اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
        :-/ I don't think this is a suitable thread for a public forum.

As for the answer to your question, you'll have to ask someone knowledgable.
        Why? I did include a warning. :/

Plus fgm happens. Why hide it? :/ Imo, it's raising awareness about a barbaric practice. :up:
        Last edited by HopefulOne; 27-11-14, 12:20 AM.
        [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Ok, that's just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by raze599 View Post
            Well the spouse is allowed to have a preference for whether they want to marry a virgin or non virgin so they shouldn't be deceived in that way, but what they do in those countries is very wrong imo
            I completely get that and I agree with you. Pure for pure and all that, however, doesn't it go against the whole 'not disclosing your sins' thing?
            Last edited by HopefulOne; 27-11-14, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
              Ok, that's just wrong.
              I know it's graphic sorry but I just thought it was really interesting. :/

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                So me and my mama were talking today and she was telling me about back in the days in Somalia/Somaliland. FGM has always been commonplace in Somalia/Somaliland. That whole region basically. Anyway she said when the guy married the girl, if she was a virgin which was indicated by her being sown up and closed like a parcel, there would be cheers and stuff and gunshots would go off in rural areas because it showed she was a 'good girl.' Everyone would try to peak though the window and if there were no cheers and it was basically silent, that meant that basically she was open which led people to think she wasn't a virgin. Isn't virginity between Allah and the person? It doesn't happen anymore but I think virginity tests do take place in some Muslim countries for various reasons. I remember reading something about female Egyptian protesters being forced to undergo virginity tests or whatever. How barbaric.
                Virginity tests are not Islamic.

Comment

I know it's graphic sorry but I just thought it was really interesting. :/
                  Oh no I had no problem with the graphic part. I've watched the movie "the human centipede" I can handle this. I just said what they do in Somalia/Somaliland is totally wrong.

Comment

I completely get that and I agree with you. Pure for pure and all that, however, doesn't go against the whole 'not disclosing your sins' thing?
                    Are we really gonna open that can of worms now? Lol.

This topic of virgin - non virgin - disclosing sins etc. Has been spun around this forum probably longer than I've lived (maybe actually lol. I'm only 19 - wonder when this forum originally started? ) anyway, we've literally been through this topic - there's always going to be one side, going "NO that's totally wrong!!!! - man sins is MAH SINS, yah get me?!!!!!" lol and the other side going all Islamic like "chaste are for the chaste" / "well if IVE been chaste, I want a CHASTE gal too fams" looool

...maybe without the London slang but I'm sure you get the point.

Comment

Oh no I had no problem with the graphic part. I've watched the movie "the human centipede" I can handle this. I just said what they do in Somalia/Somaliland is totally wrong.
                      Yeh they don't do the whole checking thing now but they do still do FGM. Along with other East African countries, Egypt, SUDAN, some West African countries, parts of Yemen, Kurdistan, Indonesia and I was recently told small communities in the Indian subcontinent. (Seriously).
                      Last edited by HopefulOne; 27-11-14, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                        Are we really gonna open that can of worms now? Lol.

This topic of virgin - non virgin - disclosing sins etc. Has been spun around this forum probably longer than I've lived (maybe actually lol. I'm only 19 - wonder when this forum originally started? ) anyway, we've literally been through this topic - there's always going to be one side, going "NO that's totally wrong!!!! - man sins is MAH SINS, yah get me?!!!!!" lol and the other side going all Islamic like "chaste are for the chaste" / "well if IVE been chaste, I want a CHASTE gal too fams" looool

...maybe without the London slang but I'm sure you get the point.
                        This is specifically about virginity tests though loooool. What I mean by pure for pure is that if someone is 'pure' , they have a right to want someone else who is like them. Get me brav. :up:

Comment

I've seen that movie too. It's proper sick.

Well, I had a history teacher in high school and she would tell us her interest/fascination in FGM. We'd all cringe and turn the other cheek!

Comment

Why? I did include a warning. :/

Plus fgm happens. Why hide it? :/ Imo, it's raising awareness about a barbaric practice. :up:
                            FGM obsession detected for 59,000th time.
                            Dont u get bored of it sis ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous10 View Post
                              I've seen that movie too. It's proper sick.

Well, I had a history teacher in high school and she would tell us her interest/fascination in FGM. We'd all cringe.
                              You deserve a +rep just for watching it. I could only go half way and then stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X