Non-Arab Hardships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Arab Hardships

This is an issue that is somehow taken place in all nationalities. Some are worse about it than others, but still it takes place in all so called 'muslim' nationalities. Nationalism and racism in the area of marriage is an issue that is not really spoken much about it, despite that it is quite common. I mean I get that you prefer to marry someone with a similiar nationality or prefer that for your children, but there is a difference between preference and that. I hope it will end up well for you!
    Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
    If God grants me life, I shall see to it that even the lonely shepherd in the mountains of San’a shall have his share in the wealth of the community
    Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Palestinian's are a tough nut to crack as to marrying one of their daughters. I tried that years ago and the girl's two brothers were adamant about it not happening. One actually said, "Over my dead body." The girl ended up marrying a Palestinian who wasn't concerned with practicing Islam and eventually divorced years later. They would rather their sister marry a fasiq Arab rather than a practicing Muslim of another ethnicity. They choose Nationalism over Islam. Just another reason why Palestinians are in the condition they find themselves.
      Is that really fair ? :/
      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Opposing race-mixing does not make you a racist. I suggest you forget about this girl op.

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
          not just Palestinian,
          Indian, Arab, Pakistani, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujrati... All!! ALL of them....

they look at me as some stupid guy who became muslim for fun or attention...

what even more funny is the fact that i get marriage proposals from non muslims, but for a born muslim i am still a non-muslim kaafir....

i hate to rant but thats the fact, they attack our revert brotthers and sisters and I attack them back... EYE FOR AN EYE....
          I have a cousin who's allowed to marry any Muslim, even a revert. I think you two could be good for each other, but unfortunately she only wants to marry within her race..even though she's perfectly allowed to marry out of it. :(

Wait a minute...are you Indian? I think she said she wouldn't mind marrying an Indian.
          Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 22-11-14, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emm View Post
            Greetings fellow brothers and sisters,
            Now, you must understand, I am quite in love with this woman, and seeking another simply is not an option for me.
            Thank you for listening.
            Sorry, but I can not understand it :(
            What happens to us, men that we may get into this problem ! I do not know whether be happy or sad that such things have not happened to me yet, at least not as powerful as you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
              Is that really fair ? :/
              He seems awfully bitter, perhaps he got rejected over this "fasiq arab".

Comment

This is why we shouldn't fall in love till after marriage our hearts are fragile and allah (swt) knew this hence why told us to keep away. When we become heart broken, we become damaged and start losing faith. This is when the shaytaan strikes and make us think, day and do things that is against allah (swt).

My best advice is brother don't lose faith keep praying to allah (swt) and take this delegate from your masjid with you and ask for her hand if it doesn't work out say alhamdulillah and move on. Who knows down the road he may change his mind, but don't lose hope and don't fear rejection. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but it was your fault for falling in love with this girl while being a non mahram

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                  He seems awfully bitter, perhaps he got rejected over this "fasiq arab".
                  Not bitter at all. Just stating as to one of the reasons why Palestinians don't get anywhere as a people. First they put their hopes in the PLO and Yasser Afafat, now the Palestinian Authority. Neither have anything to do with Islam and everything to do with Nationalism.
                  "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
                    not just Palestinian,
                    Indian, Arab, Pakistani, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujrati... All!! ALL of them....

they look at me as some stupid guy who became muslim for fun or attention...

what even more funny is the fact that i get marriage proposals from non muslims, but for a born muslim i am still a non-muslim kaafir....

i hate to rant but thats the fact, they attack our revert brotthers and sisters and I attack them back... EYE FOR AN EYE....
                    Dude calm down, this forum is full of "born muslims" struggling tl get married aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                      Not bitter at all. Just stating as to one of the reasons why Palestinians don't get anywhere as a people. First they put their hopes in the PLO and Yasser Afafat, now the Palestinian Authority. Neither have anything to do with Islam and everything to do with Nationalism.
                      How's the weather in america?

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my woes. I truly appreciate your efforts in giving me advice.
                        For those of you who have said that the love should have come after marriage, I think you make a very good point and I shall heed your words.
                        Most of all though, I am thankful of the encouragement some of you have given me.
                        I shall propose and remain joyous with whatever Allah decides for me.

Again, I thank you all, subhanallah.

Comment

Working...
                        X