Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Arab Hardships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-Arab Hardships

    Greetings fellow brothers and sisters,

    I am a recent revert of Islam (praise be to Allah) who seeks aid in preparing to propose to a woman.
    The difficulty of the matter is that I am Mexican, and she is Palestinian, everywhere I have turned to it seems that the answer is that I will not be accepted by her father. Her very own best friend told me that it would probably not work out to my favor.
    Now, you must understand, I am quite in love with this woman, and seeking another simply is not an option for me.
    I already plan to have a delegate from the mosque I go to come with me to ask for her hand, however, I fear this attempt may still fail.
    If there is something I might do to help my chances in winning over the father, I would appreciate it and forever grateful. In the event that my proposal is denied, would it be wrong for me to wait and try my proposal at a different time?
    Even if there is no advice to be given, I would greatly appreciate encouragement in pursuing this. Everywhere I have turned, people have just filled my head with doubt. I pray to Allah to keep my head clear of it, and that He may guide me through this.

    Thank you for listening.

  • #2
    Re: Non-Arab Hardships

    You'll never know unless you try. Just make dua and leave the rest to Allah.
    Nothing is impossible with Allah

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Non-Arab Hardships

      Originally posted by emm View Post
      Greetings fellow brothers and sisters,

      I am a recent revert of Islam (praise be to Allah) who seeks aid in preparing to propose to a woman.
      The difficulty of the matter is that I am Mexican, and she is Palestinian, everywhere I have turned to it seems that the answer is that I will not be accepted by her father. Her very own best friend told me that it would probably not work out to my favor.
      Now, you must understand, I am quite in love with this woman, and seeking another simply is not an option for me.
      I already plan to have a delegate from the mosque I go to come with me to ask for her hand, however, I fear this attempt may still fail.
      If there is something I might do to help my chances in winning over the father, I would appreciate it and forever grateful. In the event that my proposal is denied, would it be wrong for me to wait and try my proposal at a different time?
      Even if there is no advice to be given, I would greatly appreciate encouragement in pursuing this. Everywhere I have turned, people have just filled my head with doubt. I pray to Allah to keep my head clear of it, and that He may guide me through this.

      Thank you for listening.


      slm brother,

      cousin of mine had a similar problem, he's from s.africa, Palestinian girl, honestly her father was full of sheeeeet.



      take the hajatul widah khutbah n make them read it, part about arab n non arab, there's no difference except taqwa.



      nationilism is part of ignorance, i hope u get married to this girl.



      ppl like her father make me sick. Bloody ignorant clowns

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Non-Arab Hardships

        :salams

        I think being in love with a woman and not seeking another one might be a bigger problem. Id advise you to not get too attached to any woman before marriage for your own good.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Non-Arab Hardships

          Not all Arabs think in the same way. People say a hundred things before marriage, "oh this wont work" "oh that won't work" it's all nonsense, just trust in Allah and make your move.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Non-Arab Hardships

            I'm Arab and I think it will be a tough issue , Arabs are racists indeed, but you never know, maybe her father is an open-minded person, which can happen too
            I'm sorry if I was straight forward, but I do hope it works out with you enshAllah, you do have a good intentions (Y)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Non-Arab Hardships

              Am I to understand that you have already spoken to this sister to the point where she herself is happy to marry you, but your only worry is that her father might say no?

              If that isn't the case, and you don't in fact have any assurance that she herself wants to marry you, then I would say slow down, be easy, and question the source of this "love" you speak of brother.

              If, however, things are as I have described them, then I would still say slow down, be easy, but this time question the permissibility of your relationship to this man's daughter in the eyes of your creator, that should be a far bigger worry for you and may in fact be a pretty big part of your problem to begin with since if you had stuck to the laws of Allah, you probably wouldn't have gotten so carried away.

              Finally, in relation to the whole racism thing, yes it exists, but there are plenty of non-racist reasons out there for parents or even individuals themselves to not want an inter-racial marriage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                Originally posted by Osman.M View Post
                I'm Arab and I think it will be a tough issue , Arabs are racists indeed, but you never know, maybe her father is an open-minded person, which can happen too
                I'm sorry if I was straight forward, but I do hope it works out with you enshAllah, you do have a good intentions (Y)
                Oh so that means Arabs in general arent very open to interracial marriages? The same goes for my Malay culture too, esp the elderly folks for some reason. What are some of the reason they dont stick around w non arabs?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                  Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                  Oh so that means Arabs in general arent very open to interracial marriages? The same goes for my Malay culture too, esp the elderly folks for some reason. What are some of the reason they dont stick around w non arabs?

                  its ignorance,



                  Rasulullah (saw) said ( Sumfin to the effect) 2 things of ignorance will always be in this ummah, wailing over the dead n nationalism ( asabiyah )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                    Originally posted by emm View Post
                    Greetings fellow brothers and sisters,

                    I am a recent revert of Islam (praise be to Allah) who seeks aid in preparing to propose to a woman.
                    The difficulty of the matter is that I am Mexican, and she is Palestinian, everywhere I have turned to it seems that the answer is that I will not be accepted by her father. Her very own best friend told me that it would probably not work out to my favor.
                    Now, you must understand, I am quite in love with this woman, and seeking another simply is not an option for me.
                    I already plan to have a delegate from the mosque I go to come with me to ask for her hand, however, I fear this attempt may still fail.
                    If there is something I might do to help my chances in winning over the father, I would appreciate it and forever grateful. In the event that my proposal is denied, would it be wrong for me to wait and try my proposal at a different time?
                    Even if there is no advice to be given, I would greatly appreciate encouragement in pursuing this. Everywhere I have turned, people have just filled my head with doubt. I pray to Allah to keep my head clear of it, and that He may guide me through this.

                    Thank you for listening.
                    born muslims .. the most pious people on the face of this earth...
                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...etting-married

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...a-revert/page3

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nvert-to-islam

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...s-and-Marriage

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nvert-to-islam

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-rush-to-marry

                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...convert-revert

                    phewwwwww............... it took me 10 minutes to dig out the skeletons...

                    enjoy reading..
                    Last edited by Revertbrother; 22-11-14, 01:40 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                      Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                      Oh so that means Arabs in general arent very open to interracial marriages? The same goes for my Malay culture too, esp the elderly folks for some reason. What are some of the reason they dont stick around w non arabs?
                      Yes, they are not in general. For Malay, I can tell they are far more open than us, I'm engaged to a Malay girl :) I believe I was really welcomed in the family... (alone, without my parents!)
                      The reasons are cultural and some stuff that I really can't mention, its embarrassing

                      Originally posted by Shiraz32 View Post
                      its ignorance,



                      Rasulullah (saw) said ( Sumfin to the effect) 2 things of ignorance will always be in this ummah, wailing over the dead n nationalism ( asabiyah )
                      +1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                        Originally posted by emm View Post
                        Greetings fellow brothers and sisters,

                        I am a recent revert of Islam (praise be to Allah) who seeks aid in preparing to propose to a woman.
                        The difficulty of the matter is that I am Mexican, and she is Palestinian, everywhere I have turned to it seems that the answer is that I will not be accepted by her father. Her very own best friend told me that it would probably not work out to my favor.
                        Now, you must understand, I am quite in love with this woman, and seeking another simply is not an option for me.
                        I already plan to have a delegate from the mosque I go to come with me to ask for her hand, however, I fear this attempt may still fail.
                        If there is something I might do to help my chances in winning over the father, I would appreciate it and forever grateful. In the event that my proposal is denied, would it be wrong for me to wait and try my proposal at a different time?
                        Even if there is no advice to be given, I would greatly appreciate encouragement in pursuing this. Everywhere I have turned, people have just filled my head with doubt. I pray to Allah to keep my head clear of it, and that He may guide me through this.

                        Thank you for listening.
                        Welcome to Islam, happy for u,

                        If her wali is not agreeing then there's not much u can do honestly.

                        Best look for someone else, and better look for non arab girl will suit with u better,

                        This is life and its not always have one wants it :s
                        But inshalla in jannah

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                          Palestinian's are a tough nut to crack as to marrying one of their daughters. I tried that years ago and the girl's two brothers were adamant about it not happening. One actually said, "Over my dead body." The girl ended up marrying a Palestinian who wasn't concerned with practicing Islam and eventually divorced years later. They would rather their sister marry a fasiq Arab rather than a practicing Muslim of another ethnicity. They choose Nationalism over Islam. Just another reason why Palestinians are in the condition they find themselves.
                          "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                            Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                            Palestinian's are a tough nut to crack as to marrying one of their daughters. I tried that years ago and the girl's two brothers were adamant about it not happening. One actually said, "Over my dead body." The girl ended up marrying a Palestinian who wasn't concerned with practicing Islam and eventually divorced years later. They would rather their sister marry a fasiq Arab rather than a practicing Muslim of another ethnicity. They choose Nationalism over Islam. Just another reason why Palestinians are in the condition they find themselves.
                            not just Palestinian,
                            Indian, Arab, Pakistani, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujrati... All!! ALL of them....

                            they look at me as some stupid guy who became muslim for fun or attention...

                            what even more funny is the fact that i get marriage proposals from non muslims, but for a born muslim i am still a non-muslim kaafir....

                            i hate to rant but thats the fact, they attack our revert brotthers and sisters and I attack them back... EYE FOR AN EYE....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Non-Arab Hardships

                              Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
                              not just Palestinian,
                              Indian, Arab, Pakistani, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujrati... All!! ALL of them....

                              they look at me as some stupid guy who became muslim for fun or attention...

                              what even more funny is the fact that i get marriage proposals from non muslims, but for a born muslim i am still a non-muslim kaafir....

                              i hate to rant but thats the fact, they attack our revert brotthers and sisters and I attack them back... EYE FOR AN EYE....

                              true, cant say a specific nationality.


                              the issue in Palestine is becoz of all of us, they getting shahadah insha ALLAH n we sitting in our comfort zone, donno how we gona end up


                              i was born muslim, but i stand wit u brother. It makes me so happy wen a person accepts Islam. May ALLAH strenghthen ur imaan, my imaan n the entire ummah imaan, ameen
                              Last edited by Shiraz32; 22-11-14, 04:40 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X