• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firestar101
    replied
    Re: Wedding without extended family?

Originally posted by raze599 View Post
    This x 1,000,000.
    True. There is nothing in Islam that says that I must invite extended family to my wedding. Just that you don't break relations as that is a major sin

And I do that. I still see them even though I don't want to. But inviting them to my wedding, no chance as I only want people there that care about me truly

Leave a comment:

• raze599
    replied

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
    So I want to invite a few friends if I can and not invite them as I want people there that actually care about me. Why invite people that would hate you even if they are family
    This x 1,000,000.

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Walaikum salaam

This reminds me of my family situation. We don't really talk to dad's side of the family because of something they did.i only see them at eid usually just to maintain family relations

But I don't even want to invite them to my wedding/nikah as I know some of them will just sit there and curse me even though I did nothing to them. Just the way some people are

So I want to invite a few friends if I can and not invite them as I want people there that actually care about me. Why invite people that would hate you even if they are family

It's a sad situation to be in knowing you don't even want to invite them and you grew up with some of them

Leave a comment:

• amatullahniqabi
    replied

i have seen and attended small weddings where either the family was not able to attend or was estranged. my own family is mostly passed away or estranged and my husband's lives rather far away, so our wedding was small. subhan'allah, it is usually a beautiful and very moving ceremony, i have never seen any bad in having fewer attendees. that said, my experience with nikah/walima ceremonies is fairly limited and i haven't yet been to a large one so my opinion is pretty biased based on my own experience.

Leave a comment:

• raze599
    replied

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
    :salams:

So the short version of the story is that events have led to us no longer being on speaking or visiting terms with a very large number of immediate extended family including grandparents, uncles and aunts. (Their fault btw, but as I said, long story).

So I just wanted to know if people have maybe come across what other people in this situation have done. I know i'd invite friends and ask them to bring their family members, but also invite the closest and immediate family members of the bride. So have you found that people usually hold a walima in a much more intimate manner on a small scale?
    Wa alaykum assalam wa rakhmatullahi wa barakatu

Never seen a small walima in my life, but my uncle isn't on speaking terms with the rest of the family apart from us so at his sons and daughters weddings it was basically just the spouses lot and my aunties side of the family.

Leave a comment:

• Constant Hope
    started a topic Wedding without extended family?

Wedding without extended family?

:salams:

So the short version of the story is that events have led to us no longer being on speaking or visiting terms with a very large number of immediate extended family including grandparents, uncles and aunts. (Their fault btw, but as I said, long story).

So I just wanted to know if people have maybe come across what other people in this situation have done. I know i'd invite friends and ask them to bring their family members, but also invite the closest and immediate family members of the bride. So have you found that people usually hold a walima in a much more intimate manner on a small scale?
Working...
X