No announcement yet.

Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Btw i've seen a good looking guy with someone who wasn't so good looking (in my eyes). In fact, the guy was like a walking fitna and the girl just wasn't on his level. Anywho they ended up getting married but she was his cousin. So yeah. Both religious people. So yeah, some guys don't care about looks. They are a minority though imo.

I had more of a problem with the fact that they were cousins rather than their looks.
    Last edited by HopefulOne; 21-11-14, 11:21 PM.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

• Re: Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
      how bout looks AND money :D
      #doublestandards

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Mage View Post
        #doublestandards
        me? Never!!

Comment

• Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Blimey... of all of the strange threads I've seen on this forum, this one definitely takes the cake.
          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
            me? Never!!
            Its documented above, all your posts. so :up: goodluck hiding #doublestandards

Comment

Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
              Blimey... of all of the strange threads I've seen on this forum, this one definitely takes the cake.
              Ohh man, you gotta read all the posts in this threads.
              Ive never seen so many angry girls together at one single thread.
              they all were like
              http://ragemaker.net/images/Female%2...20canadian.png

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Mage View Post
                Ohh man, you gotta read all the posts in this threads.
                Ive never seen so many angry girls together at one single thread.
                they all were like
                http://ragemaker.net/images/Female%2...20canadian.png
                I'm not angry. I don't know what the fuss is tbh. :/
                [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                  I'm not angry. I don't know what the fuss is tbh. :/
                  I wasnt talking about you hopefulone.
                  anyways, just forget it..

Its been a long night, im out guys.

Comment

Good lord.

Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
                    Wasn't there a thread on if sisters could marry 4 guys, why? Some people actually answered that as well lol.
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

There is no right or wrong answer, it depends on the couples and whether they think they can cope with the changes

Comment

Can't really imagine how I would abandon my wife in her time of need like that.

There are some things in life that the Muslim or any decent human being (with potential to be a Muslim in shaa' Allah) would be repulsed to do. Even on the most basic unenlightened level, how would they look at themselves afterwards and what would their self image be?

I think most who are married, if they married for deen first (may not be the majority in general), would not do this.
                        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Well..nowadays people are much weaker..Men and women..
                          That's why divorce is rising in our community.
                          I was one of those women who thought your spouse would be there..no matter what happens ..illness. .poverty. hardships. .etc etc
                          Truth is ...its not always the case..and patience is no longer the key. People are willing to give up on marriage ...In the hopes something better.

I've learnt the hard way....people don't always stay when faced which such issues like illness.

I would also like to add that sometimes people can handle being in such situations ..through no fault of their own. It doesn't make them a bad person. There's nothing to gain to staying unhappy with someone I guess.
                          Last edited by sister_82; 22-11-14, 05:07 AM.
                          No Longer On UF

Comment

:salams

I don't think it's best for one to abandon his wife when she needs him the most. My advice is that he takes care of her hoping for reward with Allah

It may be that Allah makes her even more beautiful for him in Jannah because of his patience of taking care of her.

We should think about the Akhira more. We're all worm food eventually
                            [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                            X