No announcement yet.

Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

As salaamu alaykum

I am just asking this because I find it a very interesting question and just curious what others would do

Say for example your wife was involved in a car accident, or a fire of some sort, etc.

Would you still stay with her knowing she lost her looks and was basically viewed as hideous to society

I think this type of question shows that you don't truly love someone because I know most guys would not stay as they only see what is on the outside. But I have heard of cases where guys have stayed even though something bad happened to their wife but I guess they would also have to deal with emotional scars and that can be tough

I think this is the ultimate test in any relationship if you stay during the bad times
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

Wa alaykum assalam

I would feel like s**t if I left her so yeah I would stay

Comment

Re: Question to brothers - would you stay with your spouse if she became disfigured

I can't believe you even ask that question.... that is really disturbing...
      If someone says the will leave their wife, I hope you will never ever get married.

Comment

Originally posted by toska View Post
        If someone says the will leave their wife, I hope you will never ever get married.
        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by raze599 View Post
          Exactly.
          True. I agree

But we all know most men would leave and that is a fact. Very few do stay

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
            True. I agree

daleel?
            They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

True. I agree

I can't argue with that...I feel so bad right now.. If I got into car accident...

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                daleel?
                Is you been smoking hutki again. You don't need daleel to know that

Comment

True. I agree

I dont know why you are generalizing over here.
                  I care about beauty alot, but once im married ive got this bond with my wife which inshallah will not break come what may.
                  Accident that happened is a loss , the loss of her beauty, we will bear with patience.

May allah protect us from harm

Comment

Seriously?

If I was a guy I like to believe I would stay.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Is you been smoking hutki again. You don't need daleel to know that
                      Look, you've stated that most men will break their marriage if they're wife becomes disfigured. What are you basing that on? Is it just assumption? Cuz i know plenty of brothers who have wives that are disfigured and they're still committed to their marriage
                      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

You can always get a second wife and hide her from the first. :p

But indeed...you need a very good reason for your divorce to be accepted by Allah and to be not blameworthy.:)

Comment

Some people don't understand what marriage is. Even if you stopped loving your spouse, you shouldn't leave them.

It was narrated that a man consulted ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, about divorcing his wife and ‘Umar said to him: “Do not do so.”

“I do not love her,” the man argued.

‘Umar may Allah be pleased with him said, “Are families built only on love? Where is, then, mutual care and the maintenance of rights and duties?”

قد روي عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه أنه جاءه رجل يريد تطليق امرأته ، فلما سأله عمر عن السبب : قال : إنه لا يحبها ! فردَّ عليه عمر رضي الله عنه : وهل لا تُبنى البيوت إلا على الحب ؟ فأين الرعاية وأين التذمم؟
                          أورده في كنز العمال
                          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

I hope I wouldn't.

She'd need support. Imagine if it was reversed, I wouldn't want to be left alone. I'd commit.

Comment

:)
                              Last edited by dizzyfish; 22-02-15, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X