dowry question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dowry question

recently i had a conversation with a young person regarding khabeen (dowry).
    this person's family agreed to a 25k khabeen a few years ago when he married. he said he was new to marriage, didn't know what was going on, and basically signed the papers. i think you're supposed to give it to your wife as soon as you can. now he's having a hard time getting that money together and his wife said she will forgive the 25k amount. is this typical type stuff that happens? why would anyone set a price so high and make life difficult for the guy?
    لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Re: dowry question

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
    recently i had a conversation with a young person regarding khabeen (dowry).
    this person's family agreed to a 25k khabeen a few years ago when he married. he said he was new to marriage, didn't know what was going on, and basically signed the papers. i think you're supposed to give it to your wife as soon as you can. now he's having a hard time getting that money together and his wife said she will forgive the 25k amount. is this typical type stuff that happens? why would anyone set a price so high and make life difficult for the guy?
    wooow, this is why you should always READ and ask questions before you sign on the dotted line!

Comment

Working...
    X