Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over ex .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over ex .

in the Muslim community? I'm sure they must exist considering many Muslims have engaged in pre-marital relationships/bf + gf relationships....

This is one of the problems with zina and pre-marital relationships and developing feelings for someone you're not married to methinks..
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over

It happens all the time... I know of at least one case where someone mentioned the name of the man's ex-girlfriend at the wedding in front of the bride... She got very upset...

Comment

Re: Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over

Some person talked to my family regarding me. Everyone was vouching for him. That he was a really good person who went out of his way to help others in every way possible. And my family was also told that he was religious.

Long story short, his girlfriend told me that they were still 'together'. And that she was devastated when she found out that he was planning on marrying someone else.

So yes I am sure if I hadn't found out he would've still went back to her when he felt like it. And I would probably not even know about it.
      It's disgusting, and that's why one has to be really careful and not believe everything they hear from people.

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
        Some person talked to my family regarding me. Everyone was vouching for him. That he was a really good person who went out of his way to help others in every way possible. And my family was also told that he was religious.

Long story short, his girlfriend told me that they were still 'together'. And that she was devastated when she found out that he was planning on marrying someone else.

So yes I am sure if I hadn't found out he would've still went back to her when he felt like it. And I would probably not even know about it.
        It's disgusting, and that's why one has to be really careful and not believe everything they hear from people.
        :/. So he was enquiring about marrying someone else when he had a gf. Gotta love men. How can you be sure he would have had an affair if you guys got married though? Cos effectively that's what you're saying..
        [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HadjiMurad View Post
          It happens all the time... I know of at least one case where someone mentioned the name of the man's ex-girlfriend at the wedding in front of the bride... She got very upset...
          At least the groom didn't call the bride by his ex's name looool.

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
            :/. So he was enquiring about marrying someone else when he had a gf. Gotta love men. How can you be sure he would have had an affair if you guys got married though? Cos effectively that's what you're saying..
            Allahu a`lam.
            I am not saying I would've definitely been sure. But he was still with his girlfriend when he was planning on visiting my family.
            What's to stop him from continuing what he was doing after marriage is what I am suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
              Allahu a`lam.
              I am not saying I would've definitely been sure. But he was still with his girlfriend when he was planning on visiting my family.
              What's to stop him from continuing what he was doing after marriage is what I am suggesting.
              Hmmmm yes i've heard of similar stories. Guys guys guys loooool. I will keep the faith though. They don't call me Hopeful One for no reason. :P

Comment

you guys are lucky you dont live in America. its way worse here.

idk what I'm gona do.

worse comes to worse. im gona become a monk and live in the mountains
                "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post
                  you guys are lucky you dont live in America. its way worse here.

idk what I'm gona do.

worse comes to worse. im gona become a monk and live in the mountains
                  Lol have hope... why would you say it's worse? The west is the west.

Comment

Hmmmm yes i've heard of similar stories. Guys guys guys loooool. I will keep the faith though. They don't call me Hopeful One for no reason. :P
                    No not all guys are the same. I just feel like it was something I had to go through.
                    In reality it was messier than that, because everyone believed that he was a good person. They actually thought that I had made that up to get out of marriage.

There are Ma sha Allah sincere and decent brothers out there. Just be optimistic.

Comment

Lol have hope... why would you say it's worse? The west is the west.
                      no its bad. atleast in UK the Muslim population is very dense so you are surrounded by lots of Muslims for the most part. That isnt the case here.

much lower Muslim density and so that means many of your friends are non-muslims and thus higher chance of slipping into doing wrong things.

the "seemingly religious" ones all seem to have a past...sad
                      "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                      -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

I know of a wedding where the groom brought the bride Bach to her parents house next day coz apparently ahe spent all evening talking to her ex and he found out
                        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I shall call you the Hopelessone

Comment

Last edited by noobz; 21-11-14, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X