Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over ex .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revertbrother
    replied
    Re: Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    Noooo come on Asma, love is better than the money. What is a marriage without love.
    she did make a valid point, (minus the shopping spree)
    love can't run marriage , money CAN....

Leave a comment:

• Asma28
    replied
    Re: Do you know any stories of marriages being ruined because someone can't get over

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    Noooo come on Asma, love is better than the money. What is a marriage without love.
    We both have different interpretations of what marriage means sis, you want the love and that's perfectly ok, inshallah you'll get the love of your life !
    Me, never been the biggest believer in love. It's a nice concept but whatever, I can take it or leave it. I'd rather have the security :)

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
    Pretty much. Not all women marry for the love story, they do it for practical reasons - children, money, protection. If the love comes with it then hey that's a bonus. I'm pretty much the same, don't care if I'm not his number 1, so long as I get my shopping sprees I'm happy :p

Leave a comment:

• Asma28
    replied

Originally posted by ss91 View Post
    i think thats cuz many girls can look beyond that and think about the children and just suck it up. for men...thats not the case.
    Pretty much. Not all women marry for the love story, they do it for practical reasons - children, money, protection. If the love comes with it then hey that's a bonus. I'm pretty much the same, don't care if I'm not his number 1, so long as I get my shopping sprees I'm happy :p

Leave a comment:

• HopefulOne
    replied

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
    This is a great thread to read if you want to increase your paranoia regarding marriage.
    On the other hand, if there are people with pasts reading this, it will show them that they need to really get over their ex before they get married..

Don't be so negative!

Leave a comment:

• HopefulOne
    replied

thats because the first love is always the strongest. for both the guy and the girl.

hence why you always hear that when someone's ex comes to town they end up "hooking up"

people dont simply forget about their "ex" which is why its such a scary thought, marrying someone who has had pre-marital relations.

you will never be their "number 1"

ahhh gotta love this fear mongering thread.....but its reality
    It wasn't meant to be fear mongering lol .

Leave a comment:

• HopefulOne
    replied

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
    Don't marry someone with a past....!!
    I would feel disgusted to think my wife has been with someone... :vomit:

For men its a entirely different feeling... From my experience women tend to ignore the fact that man has had GF's or if he has committed zona.
    All he has to say "I have repented" ...and girls being emotional creature buy the story.... 95% of times.

Remaining 5% are rare to find...
    Some people will inevitably marry people who do have pasts because they have a past themselves or because they want to... i'm just being realistic here. A lot of Muslims in the west will have pasts. The ones that don't are probably a minority. Sad but true. Therefore, this thread is relevant. :up:

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

For men its a entirely different feeling... From my experience women tend to ignore the fact that man has had GF's or if he has committed zona.
    All he has to say "I have repented" ...and girls being emotional creature buy the story.... 95% of times.

No. I am a territorial woman, so I would feel DISGUSTED to know that he's been with someone else.

Leave a comment:

• ss91
    replied

i think thats cuz many girls can look beyond that and think about the children and just suck it up. for men...thats not the case.

Leave a comment:

• ss91
    replied

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
    yeah, several sadly

heard of a guy an old school friend married, he married her on the rebound. had a long term girlfriend, they broke up, he got a marriage offer and because the woman (my friend) is pretty and of the same caste he marries her but then the ex girlfriend is now back on the scene, its not entirely certain whether he has cheated with her or not (it has been speculated) but the saddest thing is that he seems to forget which woman is his wife and is always taking his ex girlfriends side or chasing after her or always trying to keep her calm than keep his wife happy, everyone is telling her to get out of this marriage, last i heard she is still with him

and one girl i heard of, had a boyfriend, doesn't work out, so married someone else because of family pressures and treats him like crap obviously, just uses him, insults him and constantly compares him to her ex (yeah she says it to his face). they're still together too, sadly he actually likes her and wants to make it work
    thats because the first love is always the strongest. for both the guy and the girl.

hence why you always hear that when someone's ex comes to town they end up "hooking up"

people dont simply forget about their "ex" which is why its such a scary thought, marrying someone who has had pre-marital relations.

you will never be their "number 1"

ahhh gotta love this fear mongering thread.....but its reality
    Last edited by ss91; 21-11-14, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

I would love to think this doesn't happen to my brothers and sisters. It sounds like scenes from Hollywood movies. I hope that our generation changes this.

Leave a comment:

• Revertbrother
    replied

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
    Moral of the story: get over your ex before you get married.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri
    replied

you guys are lucky you dont live in America. its way worse here.

idk what I'm gona do.

worse comes to worse. im gona become a monk and live in the mountains
    With 55% marriages ending up in divorce, its not surprising aint it....

Leave a comment:

• sunrise867
    replied

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    I know of a wedding where the groom brought the bride Bach to her parents house next day coz apparently ahe spent all evening talking to her ex and he found out
    Not helping

One of my biggest fears tbh - I could take multiple wives but never illegitimate relationships and comparisons like that :|

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

This is a great thread to read if you want to increase your paranoia regarding marriage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X