Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should minor ailments be declared to prospective and their family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should minor ailments be declared to prospective and their family?

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    I think my anaemia is less of an issue for the brother than my :wacko: personality!
    Yes well we've all got our faults

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
      Hmmm I think it depends on the type of person you're marrying. Some people may want to know all about your past (before them). If they are that type, then it's best to know in advance and get everything in the open before marriage otherwise it's going to be a huge problem afterward. Such people will not be satisfied and will keep pressing you for information about your past and will only make your life miserable after marriage. So it's better to know in advance whether the person is that type and if they are, then let them know about your past (everything, good or bad) no matter what the outcome will be. and if they don't like it, it's best they go their own way and you your own way. alternately, if that isn't the type of person you want to marry, then you can let them go without telling them anything.

On the other hand, there are those who aren't concerned about your past but only about your life after they came into it. To that sort, you don't need to tell them about things in the past because they won't bother you after marriage.

and that's just my opinion.
      Fortunate for me and my wife we are of the latter type...:up:
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by toska View Post
        I would say yes. Your spouse has the right to know that, especially if it affects your everyday life: taking meds etc.
        salaams to all

agreed

and if its girl who has to take medication regularly to treat some medical condition/illness- its not fair to expect the husband to pay for this medication without informing him about it before marriage

the most important things to consider is whether this illness/condition will
        -affect the intimacy between the couple-this person wont be seen as attractive by their spouse due to it.
        -affect the person functioning as a normal person
        -place a financial burden upon the spouse

if it does any of the above, then its only fair to inform a prospective before things get serious.
        failure to do so could result in being guilty of deception

and Allah ta'ala knows best
        jazakallah
        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
          salaams to all

agreed

and if its girl who has to take medication regularly to treat some medical condition/illness- its not fair to expect the husband to pay for this medication without informing him about it before marriage

-affect the intimacy between the couple-this person wont be seen as attractive by their spouse due to it.

if it does any of the above, then its only fair to inform a prospective before things get serious.

jazakallah
          LOL seriously? I'm surprised you even thought about that. :/
          [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

salaams to all

agreed

jazakallah
            yes it's important to be open about everything, not just because of the money. and this goes for both the girl and the guy.

Comment

salaams to all

agreed

jazakallah
              Agreed , we man are not women's personal banks

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                No-one is perfect are they?

But you don't want your partner afterwards whining and bad mouthing you for not telling them. Especially if later on your offspring inherits the same condition.
                Exactly. Was thinking along those lines too...
                “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                  I agree. When I met my wife I let her know that I have type 2 diabetes though people always say to me that I don't "look like" I have it because I am not over weight.
                  Yeah, not only fat or overweight people have these type of illnesses. Its only fair to tell the spouse beforehand.

May Allah give you cure.
                  “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    Yeah, not only fat or overweight people have these type of illnesses. Its only fair to tell the spouse beforehand.

May Allah give you cure.
                    Ameen Jazak Allah
                    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Should minor ailments be declared to prospective and their family?

As you get older and more experienced in life, you realise that health is probably the most important thing. Everything else becomes irrelevant if you don't have health to enjoy it.

I pray Almighty Allah keeps us all healthy inshAllah.....Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                        As you get older and more experienced in life, you realise that health is probably the most important thing. Everything else becomes irrelevant if you don't have health to enjoy it.

I pray Almighty Allah keeps us all healthy inshAllah.....Ameen
                        Definitely, wise words coming from a wise person there.

Ameen. Ameen!

Comment

Of course Kiddo!!
                          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Working...
                          X