X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does fitna mean?

Salam.

This is a serious thread.

How are Muslim girls a fitnah for boys, especially if they're fully covered in abaya and wear modest hijabs? I overheard a group of sisters complaining that some boys told them that girls at uni are a fitnah for boys. Then the sisters said that the boys were a fitnah for them. Do people of opposite gender at uni do nothing but gaze at each other, or something??? How are covered, modestly dressed people a fitnah? Where's the respect for each other these days in schools? What does fitnah mean?
    Last edited by guest80; 20-11-14, 03:50 AM.

Re: What does fitna mean?

Not all of the girls at uni are covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecookies View Post
      Not all of the girls at uni are covered.
      The ones that were covered were complaining about brothers saying that about them. They were all part of ISOC.

Comment

Originally posted by guest80 View Post
        The ones that were covered were complaining about brothers saying that about them. They were all part of ISOC.
        Well the prayer room is on the 4th floor in my uni so when I come into the building I often have to walk alone past a pack of hijab abaya sisters waiting by the lift joking and laughing between themselves. That can be quite fitna-ish lol

Comment

Really, raze? ^

You know, the OP raises a good question because I often wonder what the deal is with Muslim guys complaining about sisters going to uni/college and other sub public institutions in the west. If we cover up and conduct ourselves appropriately then I don't see why they must complain about us, and it's often specific to the sisters. I mean I don't see brothers flinching or showing so much annoyance with these kaafirahs who parade around wearing next to nothing. But suddenly, if it's a sister......

However, I can see how it can pose a fitnah because were modestly dressed, hence not like the rest etc, so we're likely to be more their type.... But the thing is if u can know directly see my face and hands then surely keeping ur head down is easy, naoo?
          Like yesterday, in my uni I was speaking with a brother about our course, there was a reason for it and it was just a quick catch up regarding how the course is going for him and me, and our modules etc there was a bunch of bros next to us and they were all just side eyeing me as if I've just done the devils work or somenthing lol. It was literally in passing not some meet up or anything like that,
          Were they jealous, me thinks? Maybe cause I was smiling but I can't really help not smiling sometimes lol -_-

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
            Really, raze? ^

You know, the OP raises a good question because I often wonder what the deal is with Muslim guys complaining about sisters going to uni/college and other sub public institutions in the west. If we cover up and conduct ourselves appropriately then I don't see why they must complain about us, and it's often specific to the sisters. I mean I don't see brothers flinching or showing so much annoyance with these kaafirahs who parade around wearing next to nothing. But suddenly, if it's a sister......

However, I can see how it can pose a fitnah because were modestly dressed, hence not like the rest etc, so we're likely to be more their type.... But the thing is if u can know directly see my face and hands then surely keeping ur head down is easy, naoo?
            Like yesterday, in my uni I was speaking with a brother about our course, there was a reason for it and it was just a quick catch up regarding how the course is going for him and me, and our modules etc there was a bunch of bros next to us and they were all just side eyeing me as if I've just done the devils work or somenthing lol. It was literally in passing not some meet up or anything like that,
            Were they jealous, me thinks? Maybe cause I was smiling but I can't really help not smiling sometimes lol -_-
            Lol for me its not that big of a deal, I dont really mind I just keep my head down. Just its the biggest example I could think of and even then it is rather small lol

In reality I don't think the fitna of universities has anything to do with the sisters themselves. Its just the mentality that "everybody else has all these girlfriends and all that so why shouldn't I?". Thats what really plays with your head its not really an issue of how modestly you dress. They make a big deal of the modestly dressed ones because as you say they're more the type that we would go for lol

Comment

Do these brothers respect the sisters or just 'check them out' for fun? If the sisters are their type, why don't they propose or ask for their wali's number?

Comment

Working...
              X