X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DINK/DINKY Family

Double Income No Kids (Yet)

Just heard about this term.

Married folks, have you experienced this, or are you experiencing this? What's the privilege of it? I read that it helps spouses to get to know each other better and be more stable financially. Of course, at some point you will want kids, but while you haven't I think it's kinda cute to do everything together.
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: DINK/DINKY Family

Means there no excuse for him to be stingy on presents for her either :up:

Comment

more traveling, and luxurity.

Comment

I was in this type of relationship (not through choice I might add)
        But I suppose the only benefits are you get to spend my time with each other..going out, trying to new places to eat; pick up hobbies, spend time at the gym.
        The income helps to pay bills; give extra to charity and buy luxury items once in a while.
        For guys, I guess being able to spend more time with friends..go on boys holidays ..not much commitment issues...
        No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
          Means there no excuse for him to be stingy on presents for her either :up:
          nor her to buy more presents for him

Comment

currently we are married with two incomes and no children yet. we don't make enough money to travel and things like that but it is nice to have time with each other and not worry as much about bills...right now we don't struggle to pay bills on time but there is not much extra for traveling and so on. sometimes we can save up some money (for example my husband was able to save up for a medical procedure he needed last year and this year he may be saving up for a car insha'allah). after we have kids it will stretch the budget quite a bit but allah swt will provide insha'allah.

Comment

Working...
            X