Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the weirdest proposal experience you've had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the weirdest proposal experience you've had?

So,

I thought Id make a rather entertaining thread about the weirdest/funniest marriage proposal/experience you've ever had, or basically anything remotely funny/strange about it all.

Hmm, Im yet to experience a memorable marriage proposal so thought might as well leave a thread open for the Lols.

I once read on here that someone once proposed by finding the sisters university email and emailing her......proper stalkerish don't u think?!!??? Loool

Re: What's the weirdest proposal experience you've had?

Found a note in my shoe one day. We were 10 years old, in the same class. :/
    Last edited by starrynight11; 20-11-14, 03:19 AM.
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Erm it's not really a weird one, just unexpected

When I was in Pakistan we heard an aunty was coming over to meet us, just meet and say hello. But she comes over with her sons who were in their 30s and most of the people left the room, it was mainly just my family and her family sitting opposite us, and the person who's house it was.
      And they way they were just staring at us shyly and asking us questions and the way they were dressed up I was thinking 'uh oh, has this turned into what I think it has?' and then asked my mum later and she was like yeah they came over for you and your sister. But even my parents didn't know that was happening

Thankfully my parents said no

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
        Erm it's not really a weird one, just unexpected

When I was in Pakistan we heard an aunty was coming over to meet us, just meet and say hello. But she comes over with her sons who were in their 30s and most of the people left the room, it was mainly just my family and her family sitting opposite us, and the person who's house it was.
        And they way they were just staring at us shyly and asking us questions and the way they were dressed up I was thinking 'uh oh, has this turned into what I think it has?' and then asked my mum later and she was like yeah they came over for you and your sister. But even my parents didn't know that was happening

Thankfully my parents said no
        Yikes...
        Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
        "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
          Yikes...
          I know, sneaky peeps

Comment

My sister just got one recently, he saw her at a wedding and is bugging his mom to resend the rishta after my parents said no, he's like obsessed, I told my sister to stay away from him and don't talk to him if you ever see him anywhere.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

There is much fitnah today, to the extent where certain experiences have not been proposals for marriage, but for something haram.

May Allah keep us all safe from such things. Please make dua for us all inshAllah.
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Not really a proposal but is one of the weirdest things

I had a stalker in uni. She used to call from private numbers, knew my email, my home address, even knew when and which mosque I went to pray and all my classes
                I told her that im a Muslim and all and she said so was she
                One day I told her to do niqaab and I will marry her haha. I think that ran her off

To this day, I never found out who she was
                Believe
                there is
                good in the world

Comment

I have an ongoing proposal still running lets just say :/

Shouldn't have went back to my old workplace lol, the whole process started again with the same guy, this time it was slyly direct. awks.

I like working in a muslim environment though :/
                  إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Some random guy (that I had never met before) proposed to me in public one day. He looked really genuine and I was so shocked I could barely mumble a "no" in response lol

Then I went home and told my mum and sister and they all laughed for ages -_-
                    Last edited by The Awakening; 20-11-14, 01:06 PM.
                    اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                      Not really a proposal but is one of the weirdest things

I had a stalker in uni. She used to call from private numbers, knew my email, my home address, even knew when and which mosque I went to pray and all my classes
                      I told her that im a Muslim and all and she said so was she
                      One day I told her to do niqaab and I will marry her haha. I think that ran her off

To this day, I never found out who she was
                      At least you didn't get anyone calling up your house!! Some dude got my family's number from his contact in the local authority and thought it would be a good idea to call it... (not for marriage purposes) ...he's Muslim so he understands so I obviously told him are you nuts blah blah. Anyway he never called again. My mum picked up and he pretended to be an employer so she gave it to me.. what a dumb thing to do!!
                      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

One weird proposal I had was from this guy walking down the street whom I'd never met before. This was about 11 years ago. I was walking home from the town centre and as I was walking, there was this young English guy sitting on the steps outside a nearby house and he said something to me like "excuse me, can I ask you a question?" so I said okay and he said "why did you buy from marks and spencers knowing that they fund israel?" and I was like huh :scratch:, then he said he was Muslim and said salam and starts walking with me and talked for a few minutes. Next thing I know he asks me about marriage and I said generally I don't consider guys outside of HT and he said something like as long as both people are good in deen it doesn't matter and I was like yeah I know maybe under other circumstances I'd think about it but I don't know you. He said okay and I've never seen him since. That was bizarre.

Oh there was another proposal I got from a random stranger on facebook whom I've never met and he's not even on my friends list or friend of friends but I think he saw me post something on a page and found me there. I could tell by some stuff he wrote that he was probably a teenager, maybe 18ish and the stuff he came out with I'm telling you I have not laughed that much in ages he was so hilarious. I think it didn't take him long to realise I really wasn't impressed so he backed off and I've not heard from him since.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                          At least you didn't get anyone calling up your house!! Some dude got my family's number from his contact in the local authority and thought it would be a good idea to call it... (not for marriage purposes) ...he's Muslim so he understands so I obviously told him are you nuts blah blah. Anyway he never called again. My mum picked up and he pretended to be an employer so she gave it to me.. what a dumb thing to do!!
                          Lol thats actually pretty smart (pretending to be an employer)
                          The local authority thing is messed up. Wth are they there to do
                          Believe
                          there is
                          good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                            Lol thats actually pretty smart (pretending to be an employer)
                            The local authority thing is messed up. Wth are they there to do
                            His contact in the local authority should be sacked. Giving out private information like that. I could never pretend to be anyone. I'd start laughing. Because I was actually looking for work, I actually believed him until I recognised the voice and remembered I didn't apply for a job with that employer. :/
                            [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                              There is much fitnah today, to the extent where certain experiences have not been proposals for marriage, but for something haram.

May Allah keep us all safe from such things. Please make dua for us all inshAllah.
                              Ameen - that's so disturbing. Generally speaking, proper hijab ensures none of that rubbish comes your way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really weird, perhaps creepy.

Dude at an interview, finished the 'assessment' day.. walking back to the station, coincidentally the 'same way' - awkward, yet brave.. more awkward though

There is another extremely weird one I had a few months ago, I feel embarrassed for him so I'll leave it :|
                              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                              As You have sanctified Your house,
                              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                              In which permission of entry
                              Is only granted to a few,
                              Please Allah, allow my heart
                              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Working...
                              X