Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage in pakistan.. 'gifting' household items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage in pakistan.. 'gifting' household items?

This is not only Pakistani. In America brides have a wedding shower and she gets a lot of household items. This tradition is perfect for helping newly weds dont see what the big deal is.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by fakepromises View Post
      Assalam o alaykum

This has been bothering me a while and i cannot seem to find much answers on the net so thought i would ask here.

In pakistan i see there is a 'tradition' of when a girl gets married obviously the parents will give her bedroom furniture/other things she needs BUT these days they seem to give absolutely everything from cutlery to a fan just because 'people will talk' and say things such as oh look they only gave their daughter this much how little of them etc..

I want to ask is this haram/wrong to give all these items just because you are doing it to please all your neighbours and not because your daughter actually needs them?

Thank you
      Sure it's haram coming from Hindus,
      Surprising the people don't talk on the useless man who doesn't feel ashamed taking all this from the girl, when he is suppose to be the provider,
      men dressing as women and women dressing as men,
      A Muslim should live to please Allah, not stupid people who r so stupid that they r impressed by Hindus and want to follow them

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
        This is not only Pakistani. In America brides have a wedding shower and she gets a lot of household items. This tradition is perfect for helping newly weds dont see what the big deal is.
        Plz don't give an Islamic ruling if u don't know about it in sharia,

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
          Plz don't give an Islamic ruling if u don't know about it in sharia,
          Giving gifts is not allowed ? Since when? And how in the world is that a fatwa

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
            Sure it's haram coming from Hindus,
            Surprising the people don't talk on the useless man who doesn't feel ashamed taking all this from the girl, when he is suppose to be the provider,
            men dressing as women and women dressing as men,
            A Muslim should live to please Allah, not stupid people who r so stupid that they r impressed by Hindus and want to follow them
            Dont give islamic ruling if u don't know the sharia

Comment

Giving gifts is not allowed ? Since when? And how in the world is that a fatwa
              This is not a gift, read well the situation, they r forced to give coz of society ,
              It's same like bribing and how ppl say oh giving gift is haram and since when lol
              Common, ur older then this

Comment

Dont give islamic ruling if u don't know the sharia
                I'm saying based on what other scholars have said and ruled on this matter ,
                Thank u, I'm not so stupid I'll do what I'm telling others not too

Comment

Working...
                X