Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Pakistani ladies (wedding dress)

Salaam aleykoum ladies,

I am getting married in sha'Allah and I want to surprise my husband-to-be (who's Pakistani) on our wedding day by wearing a traditional Pakistani dress. Everyone thinks that I'll be just wearing a traditional dress of my own culture (which I'll be wearing during nikah), but I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees me in a Pakistani dress later that day. :-)

I have no idea where to start, there aren't any Pakistani clothing/wedding stores in my area, so I googled but still have questions.
    Do you ladies have good experience with certain websites?
    What are normal prices? (looking for a classy, but simple dress)
    Are there any do's and don'ts in picking a color? Are there any specific colors that are a No-Go?

All tips are welcome, jazakallahu ghayran.
    Forgiving others is not a weakness.
    It takes a strong person to forgive.

@ Pakistani ladies (wedding dress)

Assalamu alaykum, where do you reside? Are you looking for a lengha style suit or a Saree, traditional is red.. But personally I think cream is nice. it is better If you actually look at the dresses and try it on, that way youl know if you need to resize it or not

Congratulations btw :love: may Allah bless you both
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: @ Pakistani ladies (wedding dress)

Originally posted by Peace.Train View Post
      Salaam aleykoum ladies,

I am getting married in sha'Allah and I want to surprise my husband-to-be (who's Pakistani) on our wedding day by wearing a traditional Pakistani dress. Everyone thinks that I'll be just wearing a traditional dress of my own culture (which I'll be wearing during nikah), but I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees me in a Pakistani dress later that day. :-)

I have no idea where to start, there aren't any Pakistani clothing/wedding stores in my area, so I googled but still have questions.
      Do you ladies have good experience with certain websites?
      What are normal prices? (looking for a classy, but simple dress)
      Are there any do's and don'ts in picking a color? Are there any specific colors that are a No-Go?

All tips are welcome, jazakallahu ghayran.
      Wa alaikum salaam.

I'm not married yet, but I'm Pakistani, and I can tell you that red (bright, dark... whichever suits you best) is the traditional colour for Pakistani bridal dresses :)
      If your sins reached the heavens and you repented, your repentance would still be accepted.
      ~ The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)

سنن ابن ماجه ٤٢٤٨

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
        Assalamu alaykum, where do you reside? Are you looking for a lengha style suit or a Saree, traditional is red.. But personally I think cream is nice. it is better If you actually look at the dresses and try it on, that way youl know if you need to resize it or not

Congratulations btw :love: may Allah bless you both
        Ameen sister! Thank you.
        What is the difference between Lengha style suit and a saree? Which one is easier to wear? ( i'm kinda clumsy).
        I really like cream, just not sure if it will suit me. You're right, should try it on.

Comment

@ Pakistani ladies (wedding dress)

Lemme get on the laptop sissss, il send u some pics.
          The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Nice thread... I love Pakistani wedding stuff. Red is their wedding dress colour sis.

Congratulations with your marriage :)
            My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by صوفيا View Post
              Wa alaikum salaam.

I'm not married yet, but I'm Pakistani, and I can tell you that red (bright, dark... whichever suits you best) is the traditional colour for Pakistani bridal dresses :)
              Jazakallahu ghayran! I was thinking about darkgreen (my favo color). Red is very beautiful as well and I think it will suit my skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                Nice thread... I love Pakistani wedding stuff. Red is their wedding dress colour sis.

Congratulations with your marriage :)
                Ameen sis, thank you!

Comment

What ethnicity are you?

I think some Pakistani dresses can be beautiful mashAllah. As others said, red is the traditional colour. Personally, I also like light baby pink colour.

May Allah bless your marriage. Ameen

:wswrwb:

Comment

Jazakallahu ghayran! I was thinking about darkgreen (my favo color). Red is very beautiful as well and I think it will suit my skin color.
                    Wa iyyaki! I think dark green is a really good choice and is actually something I would like to wear on my walima.

My cousin recently got married and his wife wore a dark purple wedding dress with silver details. She looked very elegant and beautiful.
                    If your sins reached the heavens and you repented, your repentance would still be accepted.
                    ~ The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)

سنن ابن ماجه ٤٢٤٨

Comment

Ameen sis, thank you!
                      Your welcome sis.

Definitely go for dark green, machaAllah beautiful colour. Red is not my colour but I like it on others though.
                      My heart will go on

Comment

Ameen sister! Thank you.
                        What is the difference between Lengha style suit and a saree? Which one is easier to wear? ( i'm kinda clumsy).
                        I really like cream, just not sure if it will suit me. You're right, should try it on.
                        A Lengha is so much easier to wear, it is practically a long skirt with a blouse you can alter it so you can add sleeves to it!

Brothers dont open - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=le...l%3B933%3B1600

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=le...ml%3B530%3B532

i love this dark green lengha https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=le...82%3B334%3B499
                        Sarees are nice too, but they are incredibly uncomfortable to wear. Worth looking pretty though ;) Im sure you can get ready made ones with the skirt attatched to the long draped part of the saree.

This is a saree.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=le...2F%3B426%3B640

Comment

Originally posted by صوفيا View Post
                          Wa iyyaki! I think dark green is a really good choice and is actually something I would like to wear on my walima.

My cousin recently got married and his wife wore a dark purple wedding dress with silver details. She looked very elegant and beautiful.
                          Purple is totally my colour. I would go for purple :)
                          My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                            What ethnicity are you?

I think some Pakistani dresses can be beautiful mashAllah. As others said, red is the traditional colour. Personally, I also like light baby pink colour.

May Allah bless your marriage. Ameen

:wswrwb:

Ameen sister! I am Somali.

Comment

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww irep :inlove:

I learned something new wallahi, because all this time I though that the Lengha was a saree. And its the Lengha I liked all this time but was calling it saree hehe.

Thanks for that xxx
                              My heart will go on

Comment

Working...
                              X