Marry your Cousin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marry your Cousin

I don't talk to any of my male cousins because they're still non-mahram lol.

Comment

But in my parent's culture, no one really considers their cousins for marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
        I don't talk to any of my male cousins because they're still non-mahram lol.
        That's good sister. There is nothing wrong with not being attracted to them. Most people can't seem to separate the notions of attractions and interactions. You can be attracted to a person and interact with them, like a husband and wife. You can not be attracted to a person, and not allowed to interact with them, like many cousins.

I'm personally touchy about this is because of a situation that happened to me in my family.

Comment

i wouldn't do it. too close of a family. maybe second cousin. also it's illegal in some states in america.

Comment

I wouldn't marry a cousin because I wouldn't want the family to interfere all the time. Also, I have seen first hand how cousins getting divorced from each other literally tears the family apart and one branch will not speak to the other ever again, so its not all about strengthening ties, they can also be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
              Never. It's weird and the risk of health/genetic problems is too great.
              There is nothing weird about it. If people don't wanna do it, that's fine, but no need to call it weird because a lot of Muslims do practice this and even Rasulullah :saw: married his cousin.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

___
                Last edited by islamuslim; 31-07-15, 04:17 AM.
                The Qur'ān will keep you from sin,
                or sin will keep you from The Qur'ān.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  There is nothing weird about it. If people don't wanna do it, that's fine, but no need to call it weird because a lot of Muslims do practice this and even Rasulullah :saw: married his cousin.
                  Fair point.
                  [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by islamuslim View Post
                    I know i sound horrible saying this but..i don't really like my cousins much..their lifestyle is too different than mine..how do I put this..they're too 'culturey'

Just so you know, Im not against cousin marriages (my sister recently got married to my khalah's son) but I don't think it would suit me
                    Lol,

too "cultural."

:brf: :)

(Post #699!)
                    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
                    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by first View Post

But do you think talk to them, like ever? They're nonmahram, and shouldn't get more interaction from you than any joe on the street.

I'm guessing it's because he liked you.

Ok, he did like you. He didn't see you as a sister than.

I don't think cousins should interact like brothers and sisters. They need to keep their distance. Even if you never want to marry your cousin, don't interact with him/her
                      Our parents brought us up that way. You can't blame a child for interacting/playing with her/his cousin. By the time you get older it's already to late because you see your cousin as your brother/sister.
                      You joke, pick fights, make fun of each other, like you do with your own brother/sister. What's done is done.
                      My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                        Our parents brought us up that way. You can't blame a child for interacting/playing with her/his cousin. By the time you get older it's already to late because you see your cousin as your brother/sister.
                        You joke, pick fights, make fun of each other, like you do with your own brother/sister. What's done is done.
                        One can always repent and try their best not to commit the sin again. ( Just general advise)

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                          ya that is fine but when u reach a certain age, one should act appropriately. i dont treat my sister and my female cousins the same way now as i did 15 years ago because it would be inappropriate. theres nothing wrong with joking, making fun of each other. but for example i would wrestle my cousins, give piggy back rides, and basically act more freely when we were kids, but if i did that now, it would be inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                          X