Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it halal to email your potential spouse as long as the wali knows about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask your potential to join Ummah forum. Problem solved. *naive smile*

Comment

Re: Is it halal to email your potential spouse as long as the wali knows about it?

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
      Hmm I could tell you but does this information affect the permissibility of this?
      That's strange, i then just replied to this post some time back and now i don't see my reply.

Anyhow, yes it does affect it indirectly.

Because if he's been to your house and spoken with your wali, and these questions weren't posed then, then your wali could also just as easily send the email on your behalf.
      "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
      Darul Ilm Blog
      Darul Ilm Faceboook
      Darul Ilm Twitter
      Darul Ilm Google+
      Ummah Radio Classes
      Ummah Radio
      Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
      Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

Re: Is it halal to email your potential spouse as long as the wali knows about it?

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

No it would not be okay,

if you wish to ask a Potential spouse a question, have a discussion with them, then you must do so in the presence of a Mahram,

or if you don't want to meet face to face with your Mahram, then relay the Question through the wali,
        That's strange because we keep answering each other's questions on this forum all day long.

Now I am going to finish this book about giant dwarves.
        Last edited by Sorel; 21-11-14, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorel View Post
          That's strange because we keep answering each other's questions on this forum all day long.
          Now I am going to finish this book about giant dwarves.
          AKhi if your asking Questions to your Potential Spouse online, then you should stop this,

and do it through the Wali, as per Islam.

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
            AKhi if your asking Questions to your Potential Spouse online, then you should stop this,

and do it through the Wali, as per Islam.

You still don't get it do you. I see you speaking to males and females alike on this forum and answering their questions. In fact, you did it in this very thread.

Comment

So is it okay or isn't it?
              I can't see how it would be, or am I too uptight?

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
                So is it okay or isn't it?
                I can't see how it would be, or am I too uptight?
                Islamically speaking, there isn't a rule against speaking to members of the opposite gender. But the relationship between you and this man is supervised by your wali since he is already involved in the process. Why don't you ask him if he does not mind you emailing this young man ? Or inform him that you plan to do so. This would be better than emailing your potential without your wali knowing it. Again, not saying it would be a crime against the religion of Allah, but it would be more respectful towards your wali.
                Last edited by Sorel; 27-11-14, 06:25 PM.

Comment

My brother was copied into all the emails or if he came around my brother was there.
                  Or give the questions to your wali to ask.
                  Eitherway, dont get attached to this person by speaking much online
                  No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
                    That's strange, i then just replied to this post some time back and now i don't see my reply.

Anyhow, yes it does affect it indirectly.

Because if he's been to your house and spoken with your wali, and these questions weren't posed then, then your wali could also just as easily send the email on your behalf.
                    :salams

Related question. Say he been to your house and all. Wali wants you to message him for a certain period to get to know them before giving your answer, while at the same time he is not interested in supervising the conversation. Would the daughter be sinning? Or is it okay because if ever he is interested the messages are all there for him to read?
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

If it's necessary information and not basic casual chatting, I don't see the problem. I could see how both sides may get into talking about things that aren't necessary though, and you should do your best to avoid that unless you have a wali around.
                      unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

Ask Islamqa or Islamweb... He can send the email to your wali and your wali could forward it to you. Or call your Wali's phone number and you will be talking to him on speaker while your wali or mother is next to you. Stopping by is much better in my opinion. Anyways this is not a Fatwa, you should ask Islamqa or Islamweb..
                        Sorry I dont carry a conversation nor an argument with a sister. I just put my point of view in general for everybody and it is up to you to take it or leave it.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

Would this be ok? So for example, say you email a potential spouse, not for the sake of casual chatting but because you need to tell them necessary information, and you tell your wali that you emailed them about that information, is that ok? Although the wali is not checking all the emails but he knows you're in communication and roughly what you're communicating about?
                          Wa alaykumus salaam,

why not just CC your wali into the email thread?
                          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

Would this be ok? So for example, say you email a potential spouse, not for the sake of casual chatting but because you need to tell them necessary information, and you tell your wali that you emailed them about that information, is that ok? Although the wali is not checking all the emails but he knows you're in communication and roughly what you're communicating about?
                            Good suggestion abt keeping someone in ur family in cc.

I think I can get what u meant. If the wali cant ask the question u want to ask or give the info., i believe there is no harm for u to email the potential spouse.

I mean he will be ur future husband, so if the two ppl can meet before marriage, y cant email & that whats necessary info.....

Every Saint has a Past ...

Every Sinner has a Future ...

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

I think it's haram... Not too sure though..ask your parents inshallah
                              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                              Guide me on your path to your janna,
                              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

He should be checking. As a divorcee doesn't need anyone's permission to marry I'm not sure she would need a wali's permission or approval over emails.
                                "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Working...
                                X