Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about polygamy and potentials

:salams:

If a potential says that they will possibly have a second wife is it worth continuing if you know that you definitely don't want to be in a polygamous marriage?
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Re: question about polygamy and potentials

Was salam wr wb

You've got to pass the test, l:)

No, if you know its only going to create havoc.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:salams

I wouldn't recommend it.
      Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 08-11-14, 02:20 PM. Reason: Sorry if that sounded rude, wasn't my intention
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

don't continue. the end.

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
          don't continue. the end.
          There you go. Thread closed :)
          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Don't most men say they will maybe have a second wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
              I don't think so lol

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                I don't think so lol
                What's so funny?

Comment

No haha.
                  I'd personally only want one anyway
                  Unless the guy has a good enough reason to, then most will. But don't think all would want a second wife.
                  Through fire and water… From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth… Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side… Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time… The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth… But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

^
                    It's not funny
                    You people are mean :(

Comment

Personally I'd just find that annoying, "possibly" shows a lack of determination and sometimes wishful thinking that doesn't come true. I'd have more respect for someone who says clearly they will marry again and it is a realistic possibility, at least that shows determination and a clear thought process. It might all be to "test the waters" anyway, in which case I'd find it annoying too.

Comment

I would just be happy with the one. As long as she is caring, affectionate, etc. Then why would any guy even bother looking at any other woman if he has someone that loves him
                        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

^
                          It's not funny
                          You people are mean :(
                          Don't worry, There are several men who only want one wife.

Comment

If a potential says she's a feminist, I'll cry a tear of sadness, get up and walk away without saying a word. Let her pay the bill, it's her right.

I think those guys are very few actually. And I don't know why someone who's anti-polygamy would have even the slightest dilemma in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Sen View Post
                              If a potential says she's a feminist, I'll cry a tear of sadness, get up and walk away without saying a word. Let her pay the bill, it's her right.

I think those guys are very few actually. And I don't know why someone who's anti-polygamy would have even the slightest dilemma in this case.
                              I'm not anti-polygamy, i just don't want it for myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X